I need good running shoes!

jimbodan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
134 (100%)
Anyone have any deals or even better recomendations for good running shoes?

I have an old ass pair of Adidas running shoes that have been giving me blisters when I run for years now (yeah I know I should have replaced them long ago). I think it's finally time for a new pair.

I know absolutely nothing about running shoes so advice is greatly appreciated. I'm looking to spend between 50-80$ on a good pair of shoes.

I used to wear Nike because of the name... but then I found Asics and New Balance. I highly recommend getting a pair of NBs. They're one of the few shoe companies that actually offer several different widths in all of their shoe models. They're also relatively low-priced, with most pairs running around $40-$50. Go into a shoestore and measure your feet- both length and width before you start trying shoes on.... then just make sure it's comfortable!

I'll check out New Balance, any specific models I should take a look at?

Help1, lol i want good shoes! I'm tired of getting blisters, plus I have no steve and barry's anyway.

[quote name='jimbodan']I'll check out New Balance, any specific models I should take a look at?

Help1, lol i want good shoes! I'm tired of getting blisters, plus I have no steve and barry's anyway.[/QUOTE]

fine, buy the cheapass shoes, then buy some doctor scholes or what ever, then your shoes will be like 11 bucks and you can be gellin like a fellin, who wants some melon while laying helen.

Check shoe outlets they will have $100 models froma few years back for $20-$40. Also sears and JcPenney clearance the crap out of their shoes

[quote name='jimbodan']I'll check out New Balance, any specific models I should take a look at?

Help1, lol i want good shoes! I'm tired of getting blisters, plus I have no steve and barry's anyway.[/QUOTE]

I have a pair of 716s that fit my feet well. Try to get a pair that are actually labeled as "running" shoes, not hiking, cross-training, walking... or whatever. On a related note, one of my friends works at a shoestore- he says not to buy New Balances from Kohl's or T.J.Max since they sell fakes! (He got long-winded about how they don't include some technology that supports the arch, how the material around the heel is patented for comfort, yadda yadda...) Really though, as far as a specific model- you have to go with whatever feels the best on your feet.

If you have a running specialty store around you might want to go there and spend some time trying on different shoes to find one that fits well for you. Of course, you can then go buy the same shoes somewhere else cheaper, but the people working at the running store will most likely be more knowledgeable about running shoes than the 17 yr old at finishline grabbing the boxes out of the back room. Personnally, I've been using the Nike Air Max Moto line for a while. They have a snug fit so your feet don't move around and blister, as well as a good amount of cushioning to help support your feet.

Nike/Addidas/Reebok outlet stores for the best deal on some really nice running shoes. So long as you don't care that you're 2 years behind the cool curve, this is the place to get your shoes.

The best deals are always on the back wall where they have the miscellaneous shoes, but you can also find a really nice pair in your price range just on the regular shelves of any of these outlet stores.

Asics and New Balance are the best running shoes. Anyone who runs a marathon will tell you that.

Nike is better at basketball shoes

i used to use nb 1041's but they are old hat now and never did release a 1042.
You really should goto a local running store and talk to them there. i'm looking at the 718's (the 716 successor) and the 766. most likely go with the 766

[quote name='rickc25']If you have a running specialty store around you might want to go there and spend some time trying on different shoes to find one that fits well for you. Of course, you can then go buy the same shoes somewhere else cheaper, but the people working at the running store will most likely be more knowledgeable about running shoes than the 17 yr old at finishline grabbing the boxes out of the back room. Personnally, I've been using the Nike Air Max Moto line for a while. They have a snug fit so your feet don't move around and blister, as well as a good amount of cushioning to help support your feet.[/QUOTE]

This is what you should do. Go to a dedicated running store and get help. You need to know what kind of arch you have and how you run. If you can't make it to a running store, try this info page to figure it out: road runner sports shoe type link

Figure out what type of shoe is for you and then you can even search on that site for one you like and will work. Then, head out to the local shoe store and try a couple on.

No matter what you buy, they're going to be better than the old ones you have. Let us know what you get. In general, the better shoes for running seem to be New Balance, Brooks, Saucony, Asics and a few others. Not many serious runners go with Adidas or Nike, but there are certainly exceptions.

[/QUOTE]

Any pair that the proccesor isnt running windows should work great.

I'd reccomend looking at the Nike Free. I've seen them on sale already at Finish Line. I bought a pair full price and love them, it takes about a week to get used to them but you really notice a difference in the way your legs work.

You need to find out what type of runner you are first, meaning where do you place the most pressure at the end of your stride.

Most hardcore running stores will be able to figure out by looking at a pair of your old running shoes. I myself have a pair of Brooks Beast for long runs and Northface Vapor Light for trail running. New Balance has undergone a severe sacrifice in quality IMO and I have switched to Brooks and am more satisfied because of it.

I will also vouch for New Balance shoes. I did/do quite a bit of running, and my NB's have held up nicely.

If you have a Big 5 near you (I don't know if thats a SoCal only thing) they usually have some mad good deals on shoes. I picked up a pair of $130 Sauconys for about $35. They often have similar prices on new balance and adidas running shoes, but I love my Sauconys.

Mizuno Wave Creation
Mizuno Wave Rider
Asics DS Trainer
Asics Kayano
Nike Skylon
Brooks Beast
Saucony Trigon

Any of these would be good running shoe investments. You can find earlier models at discount footwear outlets online. I recently got some DS Trainers online for 45 bucks, half off the original price, that look and feel great.

Thanks for all the replies so far everyone! It seems the best idea is to go into a specialty running store and try and let them figure out my foot type, running style, etc...

[quote name='jaso']Mizuno Wave Creation
Mizuno Wave Rider
Asics DS Trainer
Asics Kayano
Nike Skylon
Brooks Beast
Saucony Trigon

Any of these would be good running shoe investments. You can find earlier models at discount footwear outlets online. I recently got some DS Trainers online for 45 bucks, half off the original price, that look and feel great.[/QUOTE]

Would you mind posting the link to the store? I may be interested in purchasing a pair of those shoes.

I bought the model just before these, so these are newer and will be a bit more expensive:
http://www.kellysrunningwarehouse.com/images/ky/footwear/medium/asc752.jpg

Just look around and buy within your comfortable price range. I wouldn't spend more than 100 (before tax/shipping), and I wouldn't spend less than 60 unless the shoes were clearanced. Stick with any of the models I listed in my last post and you won't go wrong.

The best running shoe site is probably roadrunnersports.com; check them out.

I can also recommend this shoe from personal experience.
http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/prod...h&supercat=other&sku=09038001&model_nbr=51605
Any Nike shoe in the Bill Bowerman lineup is a quality shoe (he invented the waffle sole).

I highly recommend New Balance 1022s. They cost me a whopping $40 off a Galyan's clearance rack.

Check out Running Times online Shoe Guide.

It's HELLA good for shoe reviews and provides their release dates and MSRPs. You can also check their 2002-2004 listings for shoes that are most likely $30 now.

Enjoy.

[quote name='legendarypegasus']If you are a serious runner you'd know to avoid Nike Trainers like the plauge. Too much cushion = overworked achilles = knee pain.[/QUOTE]

Which is why the Nike Air Kantara model is one of the most popular cushioned running shoe among serious runners...

It all depends what Nike model you buy. Nike makes good shoes, and then they also make a lot of crap. You just have to do your research. I've been running a long time and my Nike Air Skylons were great to me.

I recently bought a pair of New Balance 471 at Sports Authority for $50. I love 'em.

I saw them in a Dick's Sporting Goods flyer for $40 (if you're looking for a decent shoe on the cheap)

The best place to buy Cheapass running shoes is DSW shoes. The clearance section has great deals on shoes. The problem can be finding a part that fits. The regular price shoes are nicely priced as well.

I prefer Saucony Grid.

I finally went to a running store and got fitted properly. I ended up picking up a pair of Nike Pegasus. Thanks for all the advice!

[quote name='Xevious']Asics and New Balance are the best running shoes. Anyone who runs a marathon will tell you that.

Nike is better at basketball shoes[/QUOTE]

I agree with Asics and NB,,,, but dont forget my personal choice Saucony (consistently the most comfy running shoes I buy)

Nike sucks, as does Reebok

You'll definantly want to think about upgrading the insert to something more long lasting too

bread's done
Back