I need help choosing a GOOD WMA to MP3 converter

Free Artest

CAGiversary!
Just what the topic says. I ripped a bunch of CD's I own in WMA format, now I want to burn some MP3 discs for my portable CD player and car stereo. I need to know the names of either some good FREE programs that have no limitations (IE: certain song limit, quality limit etc..) or I need to know the name of a good pay program. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this, so any help is appreciated.

Why would you rip as WMA's.. get Winamp 5 and rip as MP3's.

When you rip MP3's, set it to 192kbps, that's as close to an actual CD as you'll get.

[quote name='Scorch']Why would you rip as WMA's.. get Winamp 5 and rip as MP3's.

When you rip MP3's, set it to 192kbps, that's as close to an actual CD as you'll get.[/quote]

Like I said, I really know nothing about mp3's, when I popped in a cd media player offered to rip them, so I took the easy way. Am I stuck now? I'd really hate to re-rip everything

You're not stuck, no, but some quality could be lost. Winamp is the best MP3 player around, and you can also rip CD's in MP3 format with them.. it even names them for you.

Whatever you decide, as I stated before, rip in 192kbps.

[quote name='Scorch']You're not stuck, no, but some quality could be lost. Winamp is the best MP3 player around, and you can also rip CD's in MP3 format with them.. it even names them for you.

Whatever you decide, as I stated before, rip in 192kbps.[/quote]

I'll definately download that for the future. Thanks! You wouldn't happen to know of anything good I can use to convert these WMA's with by any chance?

[quote name='Free Artest'][quote name='Ben']This one's the best:

dBpowerAMP[/quote]

I can't get it to recognize WMA files[/quote]

I guess I have to download other codecs, let me try that.

codecs have nothing to do with audio AFAIK.

Just find a trial WMA to MP3 converter, search on download.com.. some allow 10 uses or something before they make you pay.

[quote name='Scorch']codecs have nothing to do with audio AFAIK.

Just find a trial WMA to MP3 converter, search on download.com.. some allow 10 uses or something before they make you pay.[/quote]

Well I have a ton of WMA's so, a trial really won't get the job done. I think I may just pay the 15$ for dbpower.

For that program you need the windows media 9 codec and and some other file for the program to be able to encode/decode wma's. By defualt it doesn't support wma's

bread's done
Back