I need help. Please.

Gustav Holst

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Alright. My 360 has failed four (4) times, and I'm sick of it. I can't decide whether to:

A) Ditch my current 360, Get an Elite

B) Ditch my current 360, Get A PS3

C) Ditch My current 360, Get a Wii

D) Other (Suggest below)

No flaming on me or anything. I just need some honest opinions.

So you're on your fourth machine?

If you send it in now you'll get it repaired with the new heatsink and all should be well.

I've had a 360 die on me too but I stuck with it.

4 might be a lot but as a post said above me, with a new heat sink in, you should be fine for the long haul.

I say send it and get a Wii, otherwise you can't play Super Mario Galaxy.

Four 360's, geez :wall:

I don't know what kind of games you like but I'd be tempted to get a Wii or PS3, to go through 4 consoles is ridiculous.

At least with the other 2 consoles you won't have to hold your breath every time you switch your machine on.

[quote name='daroga']So you're on your fourth machine?

If you send it in now you'll get it repaired with the new heatsink and all should be well.[/quote]

You'd think so, but no. I just (read: Yesterday) got my new 360, and it does not have the new heatsink.

[quote name='Gustav Holst']You'd think so, but no. I just (read: Yesterday) got my new 360, and it does not have the new heatsink.[/quote]Huh.

I'd call Microsoft and raise hell, for all the good that'll do.

[quote name='daroga']Huh.

I'd call Microsoft and raise hell, for all the good that'll do.[/quote]

Tries. All I get is a stick-to-the-script outsourced 1-800 worker who gives me the standard shit.

[quote name='Gustav Holst']Tries. All I get is a stick-to-the-script outsourced 1-800 worker who gives me the standard shit.[/quote]8 little words to try:

"I want to speak to your supervisor. Now."

Repeat about 3 tiers to get someone who can actually help you.

There's a difference between being mean and being stern. Just inform them you've been jerked around enough and you need to talk to someone who can help you.

I'd just explain to them your situation and let THEM offer something to do. If that doesn't sound like a good solution, then offer them one that would be appealing to you. If they can't do that, ask to talk to THEIR supervisor. Rinse and repeat.

And easier said than done.

How much do you play online? If it's a huge deal to you, then you may want to stick with the 360.

However, if it's not all the big releases for the rest of the year are going to be on the PS3 and 360 aside from Mass Effect on the 360 and Haze, Uncharted, Time Crisis 4 on the PS3. PS3 is way more reliable, but if you need Live then by all means, stay with the 360.

[quote name='Gustav Holst']There's my problem. I need to play online. I love Live.

daroga: What do you think I should shoot for?[/quote]

If you need to have online, then your choice is pretty simple. Stick with the 360.

Get a PS3. If a console dies three times on me, it's out the door asap.

My situation goes:
-First time a console dies, support greatly decreases (meaning, very few or next to no multi-platform games will go to it).
-Second time a console dies, I will only buy a game if I absolutely must own it, but keep the platform.
-Third time a console dies, it's out of my possession.

My Xbox died twice and my 360 died once. MS consoles are the only ones to ever die on me, and I bought early model PlayStation platforms and they continued to work. I just don't have any more faith in MS making good hardware, which is the main reason I don't embrace their platforms (I embrace Nintendo and Sony more due to reliable hardware).

People will be like, Xbox has the best games, but IMO, EVERY platform has solid games regardless:
-Xbox 360 has some good games and there are some good Xbox BC games.
-PS3 has some good games (it may have a few less than 360 for most, but in my case it barely makes a difference), but then you get to play most all PS1 games (and PS2 games if you don't get a 40GB).
-Wii has some good games, and is BC with GC. Also, VC has by far the best downloads (although some are pricey).
-DS has great games and plays GBA games.
-PSP has a bunch of awesome games in just about every genre, and can be hooked up to a TV if you have an HDTV.

In reality, I could make ANY platform my main console/handheld. It's just that I choose PS3 because I like Sony's first party games the most (and PlayStation has been the most reliable set of consoles/handhelds I ever owned). Also, SCEA gives me lots of free stuff. :D

Or if you don't want a PS3, get a Wii. All I have to say is don't get another 360. Not trying to go against the 360, but after having one particular console die on you so many times, it's time to GIVE IT UP. If my PlayStation platforms were to die on me, you can definitely bet I'd GIVE UP on PlayStation asap.

[quote name='The Crotch']Man, I am so fucking out of the loop on this. Please - in as detailed a post as you can make - what's the status of PS3 BC? The 40GB does PS1, but not PS2? The 80 does some of PS2, all of PS1? What the hell is going on?[/QUOTE]
60gb and 20gb do all, 80gb does pretty much any game anyone cares about, the games it can't play are probably crap games that no one in their right mind buys anyways, and the 40gb does PS1 but not PS2.

Buy a used core system as a spare. Then whenever one dies and has to be sent in for repair/replacement, all you have to do is swap the hdd. :)

Stick with the 360 until your 3-year RROD warranty expires. They're offering a good thing, covering for such a flaw of the console. But, you should ride it out. The moment they ask you to *PAY* to repair you RROD'd console? That's the time to jump ship.

Starting in a touch over one year from now, the first batch of 360 systems' 3-year RROD warranties will expire (no matter how many replacements you've had)...you haven't seen consumer backlash until you've seen the bottom fall out on the 360 RROD replacement plan.

But, in the meantime, enjoy it for what it is, hold off on major 3rd party purchases you can live without...and if the time comes that you're being asked to shell out money to repair a system they designed so poorly, then move on. I can only recommend a PS3, since they're virtually identical in terms of third party games, both in play and appearance. It's really the only reasonable substitute; that is, at least, if you're dead set on not replacing a 360 with a 360.

bread's done
Back