I need Ipod help! My options are exhausted!

jughead

CAGiversary!
Feedback
201 (99%)
Ok, so my favorite band is Tool and it just so happens that when I browse by artists there are 3 "Tool"s in the artist folder. This is bugging the piss out of me. I consider myself to be pretty good when it comes to using and manipulating itunes. I have checked to see if the names are identical several times and have also highlighted all of my tool tracks and did a mass name change. Nothing seems to work. At one point I even had four tools in my artist directory. I got one to go away (don't know how) but these three are still lingering. I have also googled this problem to death and everyone says the same thing (get info->change names). If anyone could help I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

[quote name='crazytalkx']Itunes doesn't like Tool, and rightfully so![/QUOTE]

You sound like my room mate. Lemme guess, you listen to either hippie jam bands or rap? Just kiddin'.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Are there any spaces after Tool? You won't see them, but the ipod and itunes will.[/QUOTE]

You would think I wouldn't need to check every song if I did a mass name change for all of the tool tracks. Also, do you think there are any other things that go in to sorting by artists? Other info that could be messing it up?

Hippie jam bands need to be loaded into a rocket and fired into the sun.

Glancing at my ipod I see only one Tool artist listing. Then again, the only Tool stuff I have on my ipod are their official albums (minus the boxed set at the moment).

I have the same exact problem on my Ipod with Tool. There is multiple listings for them even though I've checked and made sure they all have the same artist name, including doing the mass change at once.

[quote name='ImmortalfWd']I have the same exact problem on my Ipod with Tool. There is multiple listings for them even though I've checked and made sure they all have the same artist name, including doing the mass change at once.[/QUOTE]

Well, its weird because I originally didn't have this problem but I when I went to change all of my 128 and 192 kbps copies to 320 kbps this problem started. How many "Tool"s do you have. I have 3 at the moment.

[quote name='jughead']You would think I wouldn't need to check every song if I did a mass name change for all of the tool tracks. Also, do you think there are any other things that go in to sorting by artists? Other info that could be messing it up?[/QUOTE]

Only spaces. Time to check them. In iTunes, simply enter 'tool' into the search box, then select all of them, right click, and select "change info." You can make all the artist titles the same at that point.

[quote name='mykevermin']Only spaces. Time to check them. In iTunes, simply enter 'tool' into the search box, then select all of them, right click, and select "change info." You can make all the artist titles the same at that point.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice, but in the original post I mentioned I've done that already. Not being an ass, just looking for a different suggestion.

So you have four Tool folders with each album in iTunes? If so, just drag each album into one of the folders.

There are no folders on Itunes. It doesn't work that way. Basically if all your songs are given Tool as the artist's name, then there should only be one Tool in the artist directory. That is of course, unless you haven't made sure that all the songs have the same "artist name"(which I have done over and over).

I see what you are saying. To give further information. All three of my Tool directories on my Ipod have every Tool album in them. Essentially, all three are working perfectly. It is just that I am being a neat freak and do not like scrolling over the same band three times.

bread's done
Back