I need more games. Please help with recommendations

kurrptsenate

CAGiversary!
Feedback
64 (100%)
Its week 2 of having a 360, and i already have 11 games, but i have no idea what to get next.

Im thinking about shelling out way too much money for a retail "Dead Rising", but I must be over looking some titles that I should own.

Any suggestions?

What games do you have? 11 in 2 weeks seems like a good haul already....you should not be bored yet. What games do you like(genre)? See sticky thread :)

There's not even 11 good games on the system yet, but yeah, Dead Rising is a must have if the demo is any indication.

sorry fellas

games as of now :

table tennis
Call of duty 2
battlefield 2
Fight Night Rd. 3
Perfect Dark Zero
Kameo (not a fan, but the little kids like it)
Chrome Hounds
Ghost Recon : Advance Warfighter
Final Fantasy XI
X men the movie game
Burnout Revenge

not sure if you want to keep all those games but I traded in Battlefield 2 and Table tennis and got Dead Rising for FREE at GameCrazy (w/ MVP).

[quote name='kurrptsenate']sorry fellas

games as of now :

table tennis
Call of duty 2
battlefield 2
Fight Night Rd. 3
Perfect Dark Zero
Kameo (not a fan, but the little kids like it)
Chrome Hounds
Ghost Recon : Advance Warfighter
Final Fantasy XI
X men the movie game
Burnout Revenge[/QUOTE]
What I've played, like, aren't sports, and you don't have, IMO

Oblivion
huge dropoff
Dead or Alive 4
LOTR BfME2
Prey
Tomb Raider
small dropoff
MotoGP 06
Project Gotham Racing 3
Blazing Angels
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
small dropoff
Gun

Ok, Oblivion if you like RPG's

Sports would be NCAA Football, NBA 2K6 is the better B-Ball game also (new ones coming out soon though)

sorry fellas, make that 12 games...

i do own oblivion at this time

i was thinking about getting Prey, LotR, moto gp 06 (just to check it out)

any other recommendations?

haha nah, not every game available

Ive been obtaining any game i can think of with much ease. I just trying to decide where to go next. As it stands, i really only have 3 games now i consider "keepers"

[quote name='kurrptsenate']As it stands, i really only have 3 games now i consider "keepers"[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I can't reccomend any games (still don't have a 360 yet, but soon).

I'm curious though, out of those games you listed, which are the three you feel are keepers?

Also, someone posted on the deals section, Ridge Racer is $20 at BB. If that's your style might be worth a look.

you can go the sports route, personally I never buy them due to their incredibally short shelf life. Other than that, you could probly just find a list of games on the EB site or something. Because there seriously arent much left.

im actually thinking about getting ridge racer :whistle2:D

the 3 keepers as of now are Fight Night rd.3, Ghost Recon : AW, and Oblivion (surprised me the most)

Ghost recon is seriously amazing, hard, and the prime reason i wanted a 360

Fight night round 3 is great, and even better that my friends seem to be into it

Oblivion is SO in depth. Im not a fan of RPGs at all, but this has a different feel that i could actually get into. Its not the run-of-the-mill, press the x button for an hour straight for the random battles.

Im borderline on the table tennis. I like the game, but most of my friends stink, and wont spend the 15 minutes it takes to get used to the game....bastards.

When i get online access, Chrome Hounds would definitely be added to that list

[quote name='kurrptsenate']im actually thinking about getting ridge racer[/quote]

Personally, I liked Ridge Racer the most out of the current next gen race games. Easy to learn, and great arcade style action.

Why don't you beat all the games you have now? Unless you've already beaten all 11 games in that 2 week period... it just seems odd to want more games to pile onto the ones that are half beaten / barely played.

basically, i dont have online play now, and ive been getting games SO easily, that it's like "why not"

Im still anxious to get this Dead Rising, but maybe its because i think i could convince my girlfriend to play on a regular basis.

Also, my attension span for one game really isnt that good

[quote name='Roufuss']Why don't you beat all the games you have now? Unless you've already beaten all 11 games in that 2 week period... it just seems odd to want more games to pile onto the ones that are half beaten / barely played.[/quote]

Actually I am in the same boat and have to tend to agree with Roufuss. Picked up my 360 about 3 weeks ago and have 11 games for it. I started stock piling games about 2 weeks before I picked it up, thanks to trades and Rhino. Traded in GRAW already for 2 reasons: was able to get $40 credit GR thanks to the $5 bonus and it seemed like a game which would take up alot of time. Pllus with all the shooters coming out, how many shooters do I really need.

Now I see the list of upcoming games for August and know its going to take forever to climb out of the hole. Since I have a few other games that get $40 at GR with the bonus I think I might downsize a bit. I can always buy them back when they drop or find some credit builders...

actually, i have a lot of FPS games (PDS, COD2, BF2) and graw is EASILY my favorite. I got it mint for 30.50 on ebay buy it now.

I had the opportunity to get rid of it, but i can't pull myself to do so. I could part with just about any other game i own within reason of course

[quote name='kurrptsenate']
I had the opportunity to get rid of it, but i can't pull myself to do so. I could part with just about any other game i own within reason of course[/QUOTE]

Cmon, PM me a price for Table Tennis, you know you want to ;)

And $30.50 BIN for GRAW? That's impressive.

haha

that was 30.50 with shipping factored in (bin 28, 2.50 shipping)

and yes, i also obtained oblivion and chrome hounds for 35 a peice.

as far as the table tennis goes, depending on your offer, i could probably find you one

i traded a mint copy of Castlevania : DoS for one. I doubt you'd want to offer that much

bread's done
Back