I need MS Office Student or any edition

Last edited by a moderator:
MS Office generally gets discounts at retail, especially now during the back to school season. The Home and Student version would be the cheapest on sale, but I have seen the University edition for as low as $85. If you have time though, get into some bidding wars on ebay for the leftover keys people sell. That will get you generally the lowest price.

If you're not dead-set on buying MS Office, there are free alternatives that should meet your needs:

As Lilytrabbit mentioned, you could download OpenOffice, or you could also go with LibreOffice (which many people now say is a better choice, though I haven't tried it myself). Either one will be able to handle every (or nearly every) MS Office file you throw at them.

I use OpenOffice religiously, on a daily basis for sure. I can do anything with it that I need to do in MS Office, spreadsheets, databases, letters, presentations. The functionality is almost exactly the same, sometimes I find that formulas may need to be sightly rewritten or the print area of a document changed, but other than that, it is right on the money.

It's free and is as easy to use as the MS Alternatives. I actually enjoy it so much, at my last company I got the president to switch from MS Office or MS Works to Open Office, because it was free and pretty much the same exact program.

If you're dead set on MS Office, get a student ID and you should be able to buy it at the school book store for the discounted price. If you're not a student, you may be able to purchase online, but I think they require a .edu e-mail address.

bread's done
Back