I need some advice from you cheap asses(car related)

el bobo

CAGiversary!
So once upon a time a stupid girl backed up into my car and caused $400 in damage. She said she is willing to pay me for the big dent and huge paint mark she left on my car.
Do I legally HAVE to spend the money she gives me in order to fix the car or can I just get a buddy of mine to pound it out and put the money towards getting into some summer courses for college...
Yes, you may consider me a bastard.

Money is yours, do what you will. Some guy rammed my husband's truck a few years back. He totally admitted fault, even called his insurance agency. This is a work truck, piece of crap. The only damage to it was the platform where the tow hitch is was bent. We don't use this to haul anything, the hitch was there when we bought it used. We got $600 from State Farm, spent it on something else.

No you do NOT have to legally spend the money on your car, weather she gave you cash, or the insurance company gave you a check

when I was in high school I came out to my car and was about to get inside when someone stopped me and told me they hit my car, I couldn't see any damage but they pointed to the hood, and on the front left quarter panel, it was all scratched, (he was in the parking spot next to me, and took the turn too sharp and clipped my car)

the scratches wern't too bad, but bad enough,I got his insurance info and claimed it, I had an adjuster at my house ina few days who inspected the damage and I got a check in the mail for 1400 bucks! (I was shocked!)

so, I was 16, in high school with a 1400 dollar check, what do you think I did with it? I paid my friend 50 bucks to buff out the scratched (removing about 80% of it) and pocket the rest. Completly legal. enjoy it :)

Are you saying you handled it privately and she just gave you money to cover the damage? She should give you the amount it would cost you to fix it at a shop and if you can get it fixed for cheaper (or even live with the damage) that's your business IMO.

If it went through insurance companies then I don't really know but from the other posts I guess it's the same deal.

bread's done
Back