I need some advice on setting up a PayPal account.

Souffrir

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I'm helping to set up a PayPal account for a group I'm a part of. We accept donations online to help us fund our activities, and for a while we did this successfully with a Personal account. Unfortunately, this account was limited at about the same time that the person who primarily managed the account had to take extended leave from the group. I don't know all the details behind that.

In any case, we need a new PayPal account for donations, and none of us really know what we're doing, so I thought I'd reach out in a few places and see if anybody had experience with this kind of thing. Generally the donations we receive are going to be under $50 a month—usually, probably significantly less.

Do we need a business account? If so, what kind? I'm guessing not a nonprofit, but beyond that... Maybe Individual/Sole Proprietorship?

Also, would PayPal flag this sort of activity as suspicious? I think even the previous treasurer wasn't all too clear on what he was doing, so I'm not sure if something he did with the account got flagged and that's why it was limited.

I know, the details are kinda sketch.

bread's done
Back