I need some anime recommendations

XboxMaster

CAGiversary!
Hey, I'm looking to buy some anime this Christmas and I need some suggestions. I already have Ninja Scroll, Brolly, and the Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, and Trigun box sets. I like action anime as you can see by my collection so far. Quick action with guns would be a major plus.

Inuyasha has 167 episodes and 3 movies so far, be prepared for a serious investment if you want it :p Its a good show though.

Download some fansubs and see if theres anything you like before you buy it.

EDIT: There are guns, biggestinuyashafan. But none of the main characters use them.

I'm digging Full MEtl Alchemist on CN at Miidnights after Venture.

There are the Gundam OVA's 08th, 0080, 0083. Highly recommended.

Now and Then, Here and There is good. Gunsmith Cats. Angel Links, I have but haven't watched yet. Same universe as Outlaw Star.

I really like Heat Guy J. It has a very old school feel. If you've seen it on MTV don't think don't get turned off because they use some wierd pan and scan. that completely ruins the show.

Last Exile, Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocense (movie), Full Metal Alchemist, Street Fighter Alpha, Zone of Enders, Tank Police, Macross, Ghost in the shell: Stand Alone Complex & 2nd Gig, Perfect Blue, Read or Die, Outlaw Star, cowboy bebop, Dead Leaves, Evangelion.. Just to name a few, just go to Media play anything published by Manga is solid stuff.

[quote name='asaraa']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20241&highlight=anime[/quote]

That's a link to someone's thread where they looking for comedy anime. While I agree that there's plenty of anime recommendation threads floating about on CAG, I don't see how linking that'll help him. Most comedy and action anime are almost like two separate worlds.

Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro.

You need to step away from the guns and violence and just be happy :)

(Yes, this is purposely meant to be annoying..
but it serves a purpose... by constraining yourself only to action animes, you cut yourself away from so much else...)

Spriggan (tons of guns) and Vampire hunter D are deffnintely my favorite movies, I'd also recommend SIN and also Armitage

Aeon Flux, the videotape is still pretty cheap, and they're coming out with a live movie next year. I am a huge Aeon Flux fan. If supermodel spies on crack ruled the world...

Vampire Hunter D was sweet.

I liked the Animatrix.

And yes, my tastes are pretty mainstream.

[quote name='crickett003']Hellsing is good. Always had a soft spot for Golgo 13-The Professional.[/quote]

Did Golgo 13 come out on DVD yet?

Definitely Gungrave should be one to check out, you may have to import it or download it off of bittorrent but Naruto is also a must have. Full Metal Alchemist is also really good i think the 1st volume is due out late december or early january. Saber Marionette J i could go on.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']evangelion, gundam seed, gundam 8th ms team, outlaw star, full metal alchemist, naruto and once again evangelion[/quote]

You definitely can't go wrong with any of these series. ESPECIALLY EVANGELION!!!!!!!!!!!

Saikano, aka Saishuuheiki Kanojo.

That roughly translates to She, the Ultimate Weapon.

How can you POSSIBLY not like that?

In all seriousness, it's an amazing series, very heart-rending and just damn good, if you want some drama.

[quote name='Death2Sanity']Saikano, aka Saishuuheiki Kanojo.

In all seriousness, it's an amazing series, very heart-rending and just damn good, if you want some drama.[/quote]

REALLY SHAQ-FUING EXCELLENT SERIES!!!! Its probably the best series I've seen this year, but its too sad at times.........

[quote name='Death2Sanity']Saikano, aka Saishuuheiki Kanojo.

In all seriousness, it's an amazing series, very heart-rending and just damn good, if you want some drama.[/quote]

i thought that it was hella boring. nothing happened for a while and wasn't interesting at all to me.

anyways watch bakuretsu tenshi, madlax, bleach, hunter x hunter, flame of recca. you can get most of these using bittorrent since most are fansubs.

rurouni kenshin (samauri X prequals)has been the best series i have seen in a long time, no guns just some badass samuri action, and some healthy beatings
Escaflone is good and ive heard noting but good about bebop

[quote name='crazytalkx'][quote name='Death2Sanity']Saikano, aka Saishuuheiki Kanojo.

REALLY SHAQ-FUING EXCELLENT SERIES!!!! Its probably the best series I've seen this year, but its too sad at times.........[/quote]

Yeah, it is really sad, but I still absolutely loved it.

And no, if pure action is what you're looking for (as the other guy who commented on this is a fan of, I'm guessing), this isn't the series for you. But if you want good writing and a story that'll draw you in, you can't beat this.

Glad to find another fan. *g*

I'll toss out a couple I haven't seen mentioned yet - X and Record of Lodoss War. No guns, but lots of action. X is post-apocalyptic goodness, and Record of Lodoss War is D&D with a Japanese spin.

I'm more of a comedy-anime fan myself tho. Series like GTO, Ranma 1/2, Kodomo No Omocha, and even Cardcaptor Sakura (not the godawful US rendition of it, the original) are some of my favorites. But I also agree w/ whoever said it's always better not to limit yourself. I try to watch a little bit of everything.

For the love of god, break away from the action anime and watch something with substance for a change. Shoujo Kakumei Utena is the way to go.

Thanks for all these suggestions, this is really gonna help me on picking what I'm gonna get this Christmas.

Dunno if it's been mentioned already, but Serial Experiments: Lain is flippin' amazing. Not very action-y, but engaging.

bread's done
Back