I need some help fixing a few gameboy games.

Mr Snarp Snarps

CAGiversary!
Sorry if this is the wrong place.. I don't think there is a right place for this but... anyway you know when you start gameboy games and the screen just won't load at all? You can shake it and it moves around a lot? Well is there a fix for this? It seems like you can get the game to work after pushing it around but the slightest movement messes it up.

Works most of the time, but whenever it doesn't I just pull out the cartridge, clean it and try again. It works pretty much the same way with all cartridge games.
If it's still not working, it might be a problem with the connection between the cartridge and the connector pins in the Gameboy. You could try sticking a piece of paper underneath the connector pins in the game to fix that, just make sure you can get it back out in an emergency.

If you have a bit to open the cartridge, just prop the actual cartridge board up with some index card pieces. Chances are the carts you're having trouble with a Gamestop refurbs - their method of refurbing GB games was to just sand down the board. Really smart...

9/10 problems with cart based games have to do with the metal contacts and them being dirty/corroded/etc. (or with the contacts on your game system). Cleaning these or your system will fix most cartridge based problems.

Anything else that would make data unreadable or damaged (not on an isolated basis, but consistently) is probably permanent and cheaper to replace than fix with these kinds of carts.

The rattling you hear is probably just a plastic tab on the inside that has broken loose. Those carts have a lot of empty space in them.

bread's done
Back