I Need some info on PSP Please!!

SOLIDSNAKE

CAGiversary!
Hey guys i got this research assignment for school and i need some info on the PSP. Does anyone know the sampling rate, bit depth and bit rate of the system? I called Sony and the guy didn't know anything. Also,, on a scale of 1-10 how good would you say the audio/music quality is on the system with those 2 built in speakers? -Thanks so much guys!

I'm I afraid can't answer your first question but when you do find the answer to it remeber to include both the slim and original Psp versions, as of what I would rate the two speakers I would have to say a 6.5. Not a solid seven but not a six.

I'd bet that the sound chip in the PSP uses 16-bit, 48KHz audio. Bit rate is probably variable, depending on the game. I only say this because I'm pretty sure it's not going to have 24-bit DACs in it, nor that it would be able to do 96KHz. 44.1 is usually only reserved for CD audio, and digitally generated audio uses 48KHz more often.

This is all speculation, of course, and not supported by any facts. I'd be interested to know what you find out about it though.

Ruahrc

[quote name='Cryptosporidium-399']Yeah, just be aware that using Wiki as a reference for school assignments is normally frowned upon for obvious reasons.[/QUOTE]

But referencing CheapAssGamer is cool, huh?

[quote name='SOLIDSNAKE']... Also,, on a scale of 1-10 how good would you say the audio/music quality is on the system with those 2 built in speakers? -Thanks so much guys![/quote]

On a PSP-1001 (phat)

Games: 7
It's pretty good for games. Music and sound effects are clear and audible. Volume level gets high enough, but isn't overpowering. Funny thing is it improves a lot by flipping it upside down. It envelops you this way. I did this to fake what it would be like using a Slim. Haha. No wonder they moved it up.

Music: 2
It stinks. Can barely hear mp3's even at full volume, so I don't bother. Not sure why it's lower for music files.

bread's done
Back