I need to buy a Wii game for my friend - anything but Zelda TP

coltyhuxx

CAGiversary!
I don't know very much about the Wii's selection of games yet... I was thinking, maybe Trauma Center or the new Wario (if it's out?)...

Can you suggest a good game for me to pick up for my friend? He likes most genres.. just nothing too kiddie (such as Pokemon).

He already has Zelda.

Thus far, the best games I've played are Excite Truck and Elebits. If he likes the Burnout games, he should get some fun out of ET. If he would more like something to show off the Wii's unique features a bit, Elebits, at this point, is the Kirby Canvas Curse of the Wii.

Yeah, if he liked Katamari at all, I would suggest Elebits. There are people (who for some strange reason) hate Katamari - they probably wouldn't like Elebits. But most people will like it to varying degrees. Excite truck is nice, but a bit shallow for $50 (a great $20-$30 game though). Rayman is supposedly on sale next week at CC for $30 and that is a good choice at that price too.

I'll second Excite Truck. It's a great arcade racer. Trauma Center would also be good if they haven't played the DS version.

Elebits is my pick as well. If he thinks that's too kiddy (which if he does he's a moron because not play a game because it's too kiddy is like only playing a game if its excessively violent) Excite Truck, Trauma Center, and Wario if you can wait a week are all solid choices.

I loved Katamari and found Elebits extremely boring. I'd say Trauma Center or Rayman Raving Rabbids. Or get WarioWare next week, I know I will.

I do think Excite Truck is a good choice. Though the actual multiplayer isn't great, it's a lot of fun to hand the controller off with friends to get better rankings and advance in the tracks. Give it an hour, and you'll probably be hooked.

Trauma Center, Raving Rabbids, and Wario Ware are all great choices in my opinion.

With Elebits, I'd recommend not getting that until he has a chance to try it. I had a friend who hated the hide-and-seek premise, found it very dull as alongx said above. I haven't personally tried it, but it seems like you have to be open toward that kind of game. There are enough other good ones to get him something that will more assuredly wow him.

Metal Slug is very good, but I'd let the guy download (or buy at retail) 2-D games for now. It's so easy to get Gunstar Heroes or something for just a little coin.

[quote name='rendil']I'll second Excite Truck. It's a great arcade racer. Trauma Center would also be good if they haven't played the DS version.[/QUOTE]

Thirded!

RD

I have two Wii games that I have played not counting Wii Sports (which I dont really care for): Excitruck and Madden 07 (I also have Rampage, Tony Hawk and Red Steel I am waiting to play). I think both Madden and Excitruck are Phenomenal. I would suggest Madden if you want a Multiplayer game and Excitruck if you want a solo game.

bread's done
Back