I need visitors....badly!

JamesM4321

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just created my own site...because I liked this one so much. CheapyD gave me a little help. I kind-of ripped off his idea for a name, and I hope he doesn't mind.

Anyways, I did put a Video Game button on each main page...and it links right here to Cheapassgamer.com.

But, seeing as how my sight is new, I'd appreciate it if a few of you would check it out, go to the message board and leave a post.

I need some traffic and a larger variety of posts.

www.BrokeAssShopper.com

Very Christmas-y gfx style... Put some simple drop shadows or an overlay border around the text in your buttons, they are hard to read.

I'll join, even though I'm not too much of a fan of you using his "____ass" name as a base for your own.

You're on the right track, but you'll need a better layout. Lime green on metal just doesn't look right.

Good luck.

[quote name='JamesM4321']I just created my own site...because I liked this one so much. CheapyD gave me a little help. I kind-of ripped off his idea for a name, and I hope he doesn't mind.

Anyways, I did put a Video Game button on each main page...and it links right here to Cheapassgamer.com.

But, seeing as how my sight is new, I'd appreciate it if a few of you would check it out, go to the message board and leave a post.

I need some traffic and a larger variety of posts.[/quote]

Where's the link?

Bookmarked. I'll check it out when I have more time. Not a fan of the colors though, other than that look's good.

So you have basically made a competing site and now are advertising it here?

You are asking us to go post at your site and help you get traffic as well and I understand that it's not easy to do that but you are not offering us anything.

It's one thing to show us your site but it's another imho if it's a CAG competitor which your site is.

At least you link to CAG so wtf here is my advice

1. Kill your logo...get a better one.
2. Get rid of the logo.
3. You have nice forums setup..leave it alone but consider a better look on the coupon side of the site.

The link is:

www.BrokeAssShopper.com

And I'm not really a competitor, because I have NO video games section. No consoles or games. And I have a button linking people interested in those deals here. I told CheapyD all this when I started the site.

thanks for all the info, guys!

I've never created a webpage, nor do I have much computer knowledge. For 2 days work, I'm happy with it. I'm learning as I go.

And...now I'm off to click on some of those google ads.

:)

I'll check it out tomorrow and search through it.

However, I have one question: are you the real James?

Pick 2-3 colors thta contrast nicely and stick with them. NEwer color scheme is a bit better though.

I had the forum ALL messed up. Too many yellows. But, I've been tweeking it...and trying to get it less BRIGHT. Like I said, it's my first time doing anything like this. And I've had practically no help. Just try and learn....

very nice site, will even be better once it gets a cool professional style, and if it is advertised correctly, it may be right up there with CAG, ill try and help you out man.

i could draw up a neat one, but i dont have a scanner ATM because its not working so if i ever do, ill try and make one WSB style or any type of style your looking to get

[quote name='JamesM4321']I've never created a webpage, nor do I have much computer knowledge. For 2 days work, I'm happy with it. I'm learning as I go.

And...now I'm off to click on some of those google ads.

:)[/quote]

Not bad for starters. The simple rule for web design is when in doubt, go for less. Simple is always better because even if it's ugly you can at least find stuff. Some sites are so eleaborate half the content is hidden away due to misdirected cleverness.

Thanks for all the help guys. And Pimp....PM me, and I'll give you my address, and you can mail me any ideas you have for a logo. Then I can scan them myself.

Use Verdana for your links instead of Times New Roman.

And, in general, take some time (and possible $$) and get a designer to create some comps for you that you can then turn into html. We engineers (yes I do stuff like this for a living) often cannot create good designs. And just tweaking some colors on a bad design does not help.

I am not saying I could make a better design than you - I am saying that I recognize that fact, so I let someone who is good at design create the design and then I write the code.

[quote name='Backlash']Use Verdana for your links instead of Times New Roman.

And, in general, take some time (and possible $$) and get a designer to create some comps for you that you can then turn into html. We engineers (yes I do stuff like this for a living) often cannot create good designs. And just tweaking some colors on a bad design does not help.

I am not saying I could make a better design than you - I am saying that I recognize that fact, so I let someone who is good at design create the design and then I write the code.[/quote]

When you declare your font-family, throw Helvetica in there for our Mac-using freaks. Their Helvetica is our Verdana.

I can't afford a designer yet. But, if it takes off...maybe in about a year, I'll give it a revamp.

Anyone know about how to get it listed good in the search engines.

I was just told on another board, a good way to keep from updating each of my pages separately when I want to change sales located on homepage and the other pages other than message boards...is to create a php template and then put the html code into my page whereever I want that template to go. Then, I guess I can just change the template. And it will change on all of my pages.

My question is: How can I do this, or is there a good place that explains this.

You have almost half the posts in this thread, several of which are consecutive. It is not necessary for you to be continuously bumping your self-promotion.

I've been very patient so far...

Sorry CheapyD. I'm actually trying to get feedback, and learn. And CAGers have been very helpful.

I'll resign my membership if you want. I don't want to step on any toes.

If you had a problem with my site or me, I wish you would've said so when I was getting your input. As I could've done something about it then. And would've had no problem with it.

I did, post a permanant post in the Hot Deals section of my forum to come here for all video game deals, and explained that I am not affiliated with you...but that your site is GREAT. As well as a button on all regular pages on my site that links here.

[quote name='JamesM4321']
I'll resign my membership if you want. I don't want to step on any toes.
[/quote]
Don't be silly. Just relax. We know you're excited about your site, but that doesn't mean you need to bumping threads like a blind tailor (worst analogy ever?).

If you are looking for web design feedback, I can assure you there are far better websites/forums to be posting in than CAG's Cheap Ass Lifestyle & Off Topic forum. There are sites whose sole function is to help people like you. A few minutes of Googling will go a long way (and will not clog up my forums ;)).

I just wanted to let you know I was trying to be respectful. And, I come here for info, because a CAGer is more patient in explaining to another CAGer. If I go to technical forums, they likely will explain to me in technical jargon. Which gives me more questions than answers.

By-the-way, I love the Cartoon!

bread's done
Back