I need your help here about an ebay buyer of mine.

Akkis99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just sold my ps2 on ebay for $160. I sent the invoice for the item and had insurance as optional. He did not want insurance and just paid for the shipping. He said he recieved my package today and the ps2 is not working. (I sent it working perfectly). He has filed something with paypal and now my acount is a negative amount. What do I do. Did i lose the claim already? I filed my part of the case saying i offered insurance. I paid the shipping using paypals easy postal thing where you get DC and all that straight online and it takes the cost from your paypal account. If he does win though do i not get back my ps2 even and i am completly screwed. I feel like I am being screwed.

Welcome to the world of selling on ebay. All sellers get screwed no matter what.

The thing of it is that you may not know is that insurance is for shipping not for the product itself. He declined shipping insurance i.e if it got lost in the mail or if it physical broken.

This is where the gray area is. It could of got banged around so much in shipping that it broke or you can play a little dirty and say that it got broken during shipping and its his problem for not buying insurance.

I hope all goes well but if not you now know to immediately move funds from paypal to your bank account and from that one to another bank account paypal knows nothing about. That is how not to get screwed as a seller on ebay.

Best thing to do is tell the person who bought it to return it and then you will return there money if they cancel the paypal complaint which they can do at anytime.

Also always make insurance required for high dollar items or breakables but make it cheap. For every $50 bucks charge like .75 cents then when you go to the post office it costs $1.30 for every $50 I think. If you charge to much for it then no one will want to bid it's a fine line.

someone told me since there is a DC number on it and it shows he did recieve then paypal can not rule in his favor. Is this true ? That paypal only deals with if they never got the package? And if he does win does that mean they give him the money back before i even get my ps2 back? How can i tell what the paypal claim is

Yea, this is why I always try to avoid selling things on eBay even if I lose a few dollars. People always think they're right, or borrow systems for a week then try returning them. Some asshole even tried exchanging his broken PS2 with a working one I sent and getting a refund. If I do sell something on eBay through PP, I always withdraw the money ASAP.

Good luck with your situation. Try asking about what's wrong with it and file your part of the PP complaint file.

[quote name='fugazi_chichimon']Yea, this is why I always try to avoid selling things on eBay even if I lose a few dollars. People always thing they're right, or borrow systems for a week then try returning them. If I do sell something on eBay through PP, I always withdraw the money ASAP. Best of luck.[/QUOTE]

even if you dont have money in your account dont they come after your Credit card.

[quote name='Akkis99']someone told me since there is a DC number on it and it shows he did recieve then paypal can not rule in his favor. Is this true ? That paypal only deals with if they never got the package? And if he does win does that mean they give him the money back before i even get my ps2 back? How can i tell what the paypal claim is[/QUOTE]

Not if the claim filed was a "not as described" complaint. The issue where the DC shows it as being delivered is for when a buyer claims the item was not received or paid with fradulent funds, then Paypal usually rules in the seller's favor.

Was the buyer's address confirmed? If not, then you have no chance of winning the dispute.

its not confirmed. damn so right now i am screwed. But also how do i get my ps2 back then before i even dare refunding his money? ALso quick question can paypal withdraw funds from my bank account without permission

[quote name='Akkis99']someone told me since there is a DC number on it and it shows he did recieve then paypal can not rule in his favor. Is this true ? [/QUOTE]

No. If the money is already gone from your account and not just frozen then it sounds like he did a credit card charge back (assuming you accept CC payments through paypal. In this case no matter how protected paypal claims you are you still get fucked in the ass.

[quote name='Akkis99']its not confirmed. damn so right now i am screwed. But also how do i get my ps2 back then before i even dare refunding his money? ALso quick question can paypal withdraw funds from my bank account without permission[/QUOTE]

I don't think they can withdraw the funds without permission. To be safe, call your bank and tell them that you do NOT give Paypal authorization to take funds from your account (I heard people did this in the past).

I'm not sure how to go about getting the PS2 back other than just asking them

Go into your Paypal account and into the dispute console.

This issue hits close to home for me since some scam artist douchebag stole several valuable cards from me and several others by claiming fraudulent credit card use. As it turns out, the SOB has a bad email, making it impossible to get ahold of the prick and shake him down for the funds and/or merchandise due back to me and the other 7+ sellers that were conned. I was only hit for a mere $12, but it put me in the red on Paypal, hit my CC for $7, and just flat pissed me off, especially now that I know this guy is a scammer.

FYI: The ID of the asshat is KRANER15; he does fraudulent chargebacks by claiming unauthorized transactions to circumvent the Seller Protection Program. The fact that he hasn't been NARU'd yet is proof that ebay doesn't give a flying Shaq-Fu about its sellers, as long as they rack up the fees. Bastards. I want my card back, and Kraner15 needs a mercury enema.

This whole thing stinks. I can definitely see why some people are soured to the whole ebay experience. Scammers and impatient buyers make it not worth it sometimes, and the fact that you can't do shit about a loss most of the time...

AAAAAAAACK!

I hope you have a better time ratting this asshole out if he's a liar. Surely you'll have better luck than I did. grumble grumble death to kraner15 etc.

I believe he is legally required to return the PS2 to you if he got his money back. (And if your PayPal has gone negative, I'm pretty sure he's got his money back.)

Contact him to see if he has mailed it back to you yet and make it clear that you do expect him to do so.

If he doesn't send it back talk to the post office about possible mail fraud charges, not sure if that would apply but ask them about it. Bottom line is that you can't get your money back and keep the item unless the seller gives you the okay to do that.

And PayPal will grant chargeback for SNAD (significantly not as described) in some cases AFAIK, so that DC number isn't lock solid.

And finally a buyer declining optional insurance does not mean they are SOL if anything happens in shipping. You can certainly say that is your policy, but PayPal might not go along with this.

What company did you ship with? If it was UPS, you can file for the $100 automatic insurance. UPS will issue a call tag and the buyer will have to give the PS2 up.

If its unconfirmed addy and you were ineligible for SSP yeah you lose automatically. What I dont understand is if it was a "Item Not as Described" complaint, they usually make the person send the item back first. When was this complaint filed?

Dave

bread's done
Back