I need your opinion about these games

Only played Luigi's Mansion, picked it up as a GCN launch title for $50. DEFINITELY NOT worth it. I'd say $20 is also too much. You can beat it within the time of a rental and there's no replay value, so I'd say steer clear of this one.

I thought Star Fox Adventures was a pretty good game overall. You can get it for $15 at ebgames, then take 15% off it and get free shipping. Not a bad deal. Like Trakan said, I would steer clear of Luigi's Mansion for $20. I never played Wario World, so I am not sure about that one.

I wouldn't pay $20 for Wario World unless you normally like to torture yourself. It's one of those platform-jumping, item-collecting kind of games...which of course, by the end of the game, it expects near-perfect precision on your "useful everyday in real life" platform-jumping skills.

No, not worth $20 each, this is what I'd do if you don't mind used games:

Warioworld- $24.99
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=916276

Starfox- $9.99
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=916142

Luigis Mansion-$14.99
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=916060

Use code 3FOR2PO (buy 2 preowned get one free.
(Pay for 2 most expensive games, get the cheapest one free)

Total of : $41.97 (before tax) including $1.99 shipping.

EDIT: Actually, if you use code 25BTS (25% off preowned) it's cheaper. Total of $39.47 shipped.

Those games are all pretty good, but pretty old, I'd spend no more than $15 a piece on them, but that's me.

Alright thanks guys! I'll just rent Luigi's Mansion (since it's so short) and Wario World.

Thanks for posting that deal of SFA, scsg75!

[quote name='guerrila_gamer']Alright thanks guys! I'll just rent Luigi's Mansion (since it's so short) and Wario World.

Thanks for posting that deal of SFA, scsg75![/quote]

Sure, use code 25BTS to get ot for about $7.00 or so.

First off dont go by someone elses judgement on whats worth it.

What types of games do you like?

How long have you been playing games?

Luigis Mansion is a pretty short game unless you try to perfect it. I wouldnt waste money renting it unless you have maybe 10 hours to really put into it in the week long rental period. If you rent it twice at say $6 or so a weekly rental you just bought it. So consider that.

Secondly Wario World was $5 at Circuit city or online at Ebgames just a while ago, so post a wanted in the trading section of this forum its worth the $20 price to me but I love oldschol type platformers. The game is short yes but its fun as hell to play.

I dont have a lot of time in one sitting so it was perfect for me. Did you like the old school marios? Or did you even play games back then Nes/snes days? Going back and playing them doesnt have the same effect it had as playing those games when they released.

Anyway Wario World was definately a throw back to those days. I liked it a lot and it threw in more twists as in the haunted house or circuis like level it had you controlling you character strictly off a reflection on mirrors and obviously all controls were reversed. The whole game I really liked.

On to Star Fox. I personally didnt have a big problem with the game as it seemed more of a zelda type, "star fox" game. The egg hunt type game. I never finished it but did enjoy the short period I played with it. Again it was a close to release or release title should be able to be found new for say $15 or so. Used even less.

Also check Gamerankings.coma nd read some of the reviews and take a look at the pictures. Gives you a small indication of what the games are like and an average overall review.

Luigis Mansion is good for maybe like 10$, it wasnt a bad game, but I wouldnt pay much for it. I still havent played the other two, but I want to get Star Fox Adventures.

The best out of the three is Starfox. I'd certainly pick that up for $9.99. Luigi's Mansion, maybe. If you feel you'll like it, then go for it. I have no experience with Wario World.

[quote name='Snake2715']Anyway Wario World was definately a throw back to those days. I liked it a lot and it threw in more twists as in the haunted house or circuis like level it had you controlling you character strictly off a reflection on mirrors and obviously all controls were reversed. The whole game I really liked.[/quote]

I let my old roomate borrow it and now I can't get it back from him for those reasons. He hates 3D games and has been playing Wario when he takes a break from Harvest Moon. It may not be a long game but depending on your taste in games, it can be a lot of fun.

[quote name='catacasa']I wouldn't pay $20 for Wario World unless you normally like to torture yourself. It's one of those platform-jumping, item-collecting kind of games...which of course, by the end of the game, it expects near-perfect precision on your "useful everyday in real life" platform-jumping skills.[/quote]
ummm... dat's a good thing homey,

game is supposed to be challenging, otherwise how else will it be fun? the mroe challenging the better.

but still, Wario world did suck.

I bought Luigi's Mansion off a kid in Gamestop for $10. I got bored halfway through. Definately rent it if you're interested, I'm wishing I had the $10 back.

[quote name='guerrila_gamer']I'm thinking about buying the following:

Luigi's Mansion
Wario World
Star Fox Adventures

Is these titles worth the $20 each?[/quote]

I bought SFA at its launch for full price, which was probably a poor move. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but you'd be better off with Wind Waker or BG&E.

Luigi's Mansion - Maybe $9.99 Not worth $20 it was a tech demo game. You can easly beat it in a weekend and there is really no replay value in it.

Wario World - Pretty good game. It was more of a Mario game then Super Mario Sunshine was. $20 sounds good. Has some decent replay value.

Star Fox Adventures - So-So game. Was totaly not worth the delays it had. Worth $9.99 but not $20. No Replay value, at least for me. I would recomend putting the $20 to the New Star Fox game coming out soon if you want a real Star Fox game and not a cheap Zelda rip-off.

I'm actually playing LM as we speak. While it is defintely enjoyable, its not $20 enjoyable. You go around, catch ghosts, and repeat. Plus, its short. As in, I've played maybe 2-3 hours and i'm halfway done. So defintely rent or pick up EXTREMELY cheap.

Got all of these games but they're still sealed.
Only paid $35 total for all 3 so I'm not going to care too much I'm disappointed in them.

I liked all 3, but I wouldnt pay 20 bucks for any of them except Luigi's Mansion. Star Fox is worth around 10, Wario world is worth around 10, and Luigis Mansion I would pick up at 20 (I paid 50 argh)

[quote name='guerrila_gamer']I'm thinking about buying the following:

Luigi's Mansion
Wario World
Star Fox Adventures

Is these titles worth the $20 each?[/quote]

LM - yes. fairly short but fun and different.
WW - yes. also fairly short but fun.
SFA - no. crappy zelda clone. not unless this is your fav genre, and even then I'd have several games I'd recommend other than this.

Wario World is fun. The puzzles are cool and you can unlock some demos for the GBA. I don't know if i'd shell out $20 for it though. Your enemies end up being clones of each other and when you fall into the ghost dog pit, it will just annoy the hell out of you..

bread's done
Back