I preordered Rare Replay from Microsoft Store. I got $31 refunded to me twice, and the game came anyway.

Lazer77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
90 (100%)
I preordered Rare Replay about a month before it came out. I paid with Paypal, a few days later they said I have to update my payment information. I couldn't do it online so I called the number, which was extremely painful, but they ended up canceling the order and helped place a new order with my debit card. The Friday before the game came out, I received another email saying that the payment information needs to be updated (I think everyone who preordered got that email). I got fed up with it, so I tried calling to cancel my order. This process literally took just under two hours. I would call and have to explain everything, then get transferred, repeat everything, then get transferred, then it disconnected before I got to the next person. Then I'd call back and repeat, disconnected. I'd call back, repeat, transfer, disconnected. Finally get the right person, "Can I place you on hold?", they hang up on me. That kind of pattern over and over. After just under two hours, I reached someone who seemed like a native English speaker, and they literally fixed the issue in three minutes.

I got an email on Sunday saying the game will be delivered on Tuesday. The game arrived on Tuesday, and my money was refunded to my debit card a few days after that. So I ended up getting the game for free. I checked my Xbox account this morning, and apparently they credited $31 to my Microsoft account on 8/26.

All in all, I got a free game plus $31. They have no clue what they're doing over there. It has been by far the most frustrating customer service experience I've ever had to deal with, and it shows me that they are insanely disorganized over there. Regardless of their errors which led me to get free games and free money, I am never ordering from there again.

I remember one Black Friday I ordered three games but could never get the payment to process so i quit trying. About four days later with no notice I got all three games and was never charged for them. I think they use a third party to process payments and they suck at their job.

Something like this happened to me ages ago, but instead I got two copies of the same game, I was happy. Congrats on getting your game and the refund. 

bread's done
Back