I recieved a broken modified XBOX off Ebay....WTF is XDK launcher

Southberm

CAGiversary!
I jus bought my brother XBOX of ebay and i was modified and doesnt even work. Something called XDK launcher comes up and gives me options and one of them is XBOX dashboard(to start games). After i choose that, it tells me that i need a dvd playback kit (which is already plugged in) to play dvd's. WTF do i do to fix this other than calling the seller and refunding my payment

[quote name='Southberm']I jus bought my brother XBOX of ebay and i was modified and doesnt even work. Something called XDK launcher comes up and gives me options and one of them is XBOX dashboard(to start games). After i choose that, it tells me that i need a dvd playback kit (which is already plugged in) to play dvd's. WTF do i do to fix this other than calling the seller and refunding my payment[/quote]

Ow. My head hurts.

Caveat Emptor.
Especially when you're dealling with grey market stuff. Conventional wisdom tells us that if someone has modified thier Xbox, it's more likely that they are trying to use it illegally, rather that trying to do fun stuff with the technology... like put Linux on it and stack of other ones in an attempt to study cluster computing and cheaply put together thier own supercomputer.

My guess would be something like
"1337 modded Xbox! Play your games without the disks!! L@@K!! And other insipid EBay type stuff mixed in with broken English and "leet" speak, along with fairly carefully selected wording to try skirt the topic of the illegal uses of it while still acknowledge them.

[quote name='JSweeney']Caveat Emptor.
Especially when you're dealling with grey market stuff. Conventional wisdom tells us that if someone has modified thier Xbox, it's more likely that they are trying to use it illegally, rather that trying to do fun stuff with the technology... like put Linux on it and stack of other ones in an attempt to study cluster computing and cheaply put together thier own supercomputer.[/quote]

Somebody's been reading Llamma! :lol:

That is one of the reasons why I don't shop e-bay anymore, the other reason is I didn't recieve my last 2 items I paid for. I dislike e-bay.

[quote name='Southberm']the ebay page said it was new factory sealed and thats it[/quote]

At the VERY least, leave negative feedback. I'd contact eBay, but that's just me.

[quote name='Southberm']I jus bought my brother XBOX of ebay and i was modified [/quote]

Xbox of eBay? Huh? You were modified also? Is this JC Denton?

[quote name='TonyC'][quote name='Southberm']I jus bought my brother XBOX of ebay and i was modified [/quote]

Xbox of eBay? Huh? You were modified also? Is this JC Denton?[/quote]

Ha ha ha - perhaps what he actually purchased is a transmogrifier.
Do you have a stuffed tiger, sir?

bread's done
Back