I Saw Saw, awesome.

[quote name='JoMasta']no way. it was alright, but overall meh. I liked the ending a lot, but meh meh meh.[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote name='spoo']IMO Saw was the same movie as Phonebooth but with more blood and gore. Meh....[/quote]

no way. Phonebooth was fucking horrible. The only thing worse was cellular.

Saw's basic premise was good... however, the execution of the story was mediocre at best... and at times there was some bad acting.

the acting in the movie was terrible. the premise was original, but not good enough to be one of the greatest movies ever. its promised way more gore than it delivered and that pissed me off.
6 out of 10

[quote name='bil4l']The two main characters did a damn fine job with the acting.[/quote]

The younger guy helped write the movie.

The actors did a damn fine job? Are you kidding? Cary Elwes' acting at the end was maybe one of the ten worst acted scenes I have ever seen!! Overall the movie was entertaining, but the ending makes no sense (I didnt see it coming, but that's because it's so damn far-fetched)..I couldnt agree more with "meh".

EDIT: A sequel is already being made...coming out on Halloween.

[quote name='bil4l']The two main characters did a damn fine job with the acting.[/quote]

......or not.......they were almost as bad as Hayden Christiansen in Episode 2........ :shock:

Regardless, I picked up and watched the movie for the first time with some of my friends the other night. They all hated it, but I thought it was pretty decent, despite the not-so-hot acting.

So I DID like it, but I think it was a bit overhyped for what it was.

[quote name='legion_stxds']Saw's basic premise was good... however, the execution of the story was mediocre at best... and at times there was some bad acting.[/quote]

I'll second your comments. Saw wanted to be Se7en but it was only a 5ive.

I just saw it yesterday, and I liked it a lot. I really liked the ending, it was pretty suprising to me....about you know the crazy guy.

Anyways I probably won't watch again anytime soon, since its one of those movies that are only good to watch once or twice a year (same thing I thought of LOTR)

[quote name='TomCloud9']I loved it, kinda like Seven to me, In the extras they said they shot Saw in 18 days. That kinda shocked me.[/quote]

You're comparing Saw to Seven? Did I just read that?

Seven?

Go watch Seven again, and then watch the "movie" you call Saw. Saw is a piece of garbage. It's acting, story, and execution was like a straight to video release. It seems like 18 days was too much to spend on this glorified music video.

Seven? It's not even Two.

Edit- Somebody already made the joke.

Let's see, bad writing, bad directing and bad acting. That makes for a HORRIBLE movie. As for the ending? Yeah, let's just make the entire movie a big red herring and make the real killer someone the movie never referenced once. That's called terrible writing, folks. Biggest waste of $8 in my life. EVER.

I really liked the movie, great mind fuck. smart plot, Good ending. Plus sawing off your own foot, priceless. Yeah and it did remind me of se7en, and also phone booth. The whole self righteous black and white, sociopath you love to hate. two thumbs up from me.

[quote name='sisco1986']I really liked the movie, great mind shaq-fu. smart plot, Good ending. Plus sawing off your own foot, priceless. Yeah and it did remind me of se7en, and also phone booth. The whole self righteous black and white, sociopath you love to hate. two thumbs up from me.[/quote]

How can love to hate the bad guy when he only appears on camera for 1 minute? They don't even explain his motives.

The movie was not a mind fuck, it was a wallet fuck (I rented it).

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='TomCloud9']I loved it, kinda like Seven to me, In the extras they said they shot Saw in 18 days. That kinda shocked me.[/quote]

You're comparing Saw to Seven? Did I just read that?

Seven?

Go watch Seven again, and then watch the "movie" you call Saw. Saw is a piece of garbage. It's acting, story, and execution was like a straight to video release. It seems like 18 days was too much to spend on this glorified music video.

Seven? It's not even Two.

Edit- Somebody already made the joke.[/quote]

No I said a Seven (like) movie not as good as Seven, I should have been more clear about that.

It reminded me of Seven and Phone Booth, too. I liked the movie. I thought the plot was fairly original. Though, I agree, the acting by the Doctor was horrible.

The reviews haven't been that hot, but I definitely plan to see it on video. The popular synapsis says that the idea is original but the execution flawed.

It doesn't sound like some of you have even watch the movie and paid attention. The killer was on screen for more than a min. He was shown towards the begining in the hospital when the doctor was talking with some students/ interns and he was trying to tell them about his condition. Then
later when the detective finds his hideout or whatever you want to call it, it is the killer that comes back to it and ends up killing the detectives patner and getting away. As for his motive... it is discussed. The killer has a medical condition that nothing can be done about and is going to die, therefore he sees just how precious life is and also sees how some people don't think nothing of life. So he decides to teach them about how precious life is... in a twisted sort of way. As for the ending, yes it was a surprise and kinda farfetched... I mean he had to be on the floor and stay still for roughly 8 or more hours... but that would give him the best way to keep an eye on things and know whats going on. Overall I thought it was a pretty good movie, not what I expected but good... not one of the best of all time.... but still a good movie.

[quote name='legion_stxds']Saw's basic premise was good... however, the execution of the story was mediocre at best... and at times there was some bad acting.[/quote]

I've only liked Cary Elwes in comedies; in fact, other than The Crush (which I have not seen), I can't think of any drama/horror movies he's been in. Nevertheless, he's a miserable dramatic actor.

I don't think they spent enough time on Danny Glover's character, and his development throughout the movie. He seems to jump from his position in the beginning of the movie to something else after their first encounter with Jigsaw. Not that it doesn't make sense, but by the time the movie explains it, it's almost apologetic (oh yeah, before I forget, Danny Glover is...).

Unfortunately, I think the writers spent so much time thinking up the gruesome scenarios people were put into when captured by Jigsaw, that they built a really weak story around it (by comparison).

On the bright side, Stephen King has been making $$$$ for YEARS writing this kind of crap. The ol' "start out the story with the protagonist trapped in a life-or-death situation, and spend the remainder of the movie/book in anticipation of whether or not they get out alive." Misery was a good example of that, Gerald's Game a horrible example of that. Saw took that formula and made it rather frightening (if less scary than I thought it would be).

myke.
...fuck sequels.

Cary Elwes can do drama/horror movies, I just don't if he can be the mainstay of a such a film. He did admirable jobs in his parts IMO in mvoies like Kiss the Girls, Shadow of a Vampire, etc. However, I agree he seems to be much better at comedy.

Dollar for dollar, Saw is better than Seven. Saw was a low budget film...while Brad Pitt's salary for Seven alone was more than Saw.

[quote name='GameDude']Dollar for dollar, Saw is better than Seven. Saw was a low budget film...while Brad Pitt's salary for Seven alone was more than Saw.[/quote]

are you on fucking crack? thats like saying You Got Served has more merit in american cinema history than The Godfather.
Go back to watching you crappy movies and come back when you have some taste.

[quote name='nickmad'][quote name='GameDude']Dollar for dollar, Saw is better than Seven. Saw was a low budget film...while Brad Pitt's salary for Seven alone was more than Saw.[/quote]

are you on shaq-fuing crack? thats like saying You Got Served has more merit in american cinema history than The Godfather.
Go back to watching you crappy movies and come back when you have some taste.[/quote]

are you on crack? I bet the budget of You Got Served was greater than The Godfather...however, the Godfater made more money. Your reasoning isn't even...well, reasonable.

I don't know, I recently also watched Saw--and I thought it was pretty mediocre. A lot of the supposedly scary parts were laughable. I know a lot of people say scary movies usually don't scare me, but most do, so this is pretty rare.

[quote name='GameDude'][quote name='nickmad'][quote name='GameDude']Dollar for dollar, Saw is better than Seven. Saw was a low budget film...while Brad Pitt's salary for Seven alone was more than Saw.[/quote]

are you on shaq-fuing crack? thats like saying You Got Served has more merit in american cinema history than The Godfather.
Go back to watching you crappy movies and come back when you have some taste.[/quote]

are you on crack? I bet the budget of You Got Served was greater than The Godfather...however, the Godfater made more money. Your reasoning isn't even...well, reasonable.[/quote]

i guess you cant comprehend movies or read. my previous post had nothing to do with comparision of the budgets. you are so stupid.

[quote name='nickmad'][quote name='GameDude'][quote name='nickmad'][quote name='GameDude']Dollar for dollar, Saw is better than Seven. Saw was a low budget film...while Brad Pitt's salary for Seven alone was more than Saw.[/quote]

are you on crack? I bet the budget of You Got Served was greater than The Godfather...however, the Godfater made more money. Your reasoning isn't even...well, reasonable.[/quote]

i guess you cant comprehend movies or read. my previous post had nothing to do with comparision of the budgets. you are so stupid.[/quote]

Uh you just kinda proved his point...i think he meant you were being unreasonable BECAUSE your post had nothing to with movie budgets, which is exactly what his post pretained to.

i have yet to find a horror movie that i like. but saw was absolutlly pathetic. even my girlfriend (who ive heard give maybe 2 bad reviews her entire life) hated it. i thought seven was flawed too (althought very well made). Dont even get me started on phone booth.

The thing is, in these movies, we are supposed to believe that these killers are soo uber smart that they can plan out the most elabrate sceams (most of witch are so impossible that in of themselfs bring the movie to a screeching hault) yet they are not smart enuf to leave these fantasy's of perfection behind (take into account that im considering their motives ,in seven and saw, the killers have an ideal about the way people should live thier lives and choose their victims to be people who dont fit this ideal) as most of us do before we hit puberty.

bread's done
Back