I "scored" a virtual boy over the weekend...

Lord Draconus777

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So, I was hanging out with my brother saturday, and my friend calls me up asking to go to Gibralter trade center, so I tell her sure. I was hoping to get a Sega Saturn for a decent price, so I go to the good shop (there are 2 shops mainly dedicated to games, but one guy overprices his games massively and will barely budge on prices). So, incidentally, some guy is trading in his Sega Saturn and I was thinking "wow, what luck, and he's trading in like 12 games too!"

Well, the guy wanted $50 for the Saturn, which seems a bit high, but the deal totally dropped when I realized the games sucked, or lacked case and manual. So, I'm getting ready to leave when I spot some Virtual Boy games. Curious enough, I ask him how much he wants for the games (4 in total) and he tells me he'd part with them all for $20. Even more curious now, I ask him how much he wants for the system itself. He tells me he'll part with the system for $50. Now, I was getting ready to walk away, but then he told me that he'd throw in all 4 games for free.

The games were Wario Land (one of the most desired VB games), Mario Clash, Mario Tennis, and Golf, all of which had the manuals with them (no cases though). The system itself had the tripod, the AC adaptor, a controller, and both the owners manual (the big red one) and the disclaimer manual (the little black one), sadly the original box and battery pack were not included.

So, I jumped one this, even though I know the Virtual Boy isn't remembered for it's greatness. Believe me, I even have a hard time playing this thing, being 6'2" and having to bend to play isn't the most comfortable thing ever. But, the unit itself is an extraordinary collectors item, simply because few other people can actually say they own it, and it's a cool item to show off to people who don't know what it is. The value seems to hold up decently on ebay too, especially for what I have with it. So, yay for me, I have another piece of gaming collectible junk :)

The money you will have to spend on Motrin is where they get you lol.

That light headed about to puke feeling makes mario tennis so much fun:)

Nice. I got a display model of a virtual boy that never actually left nintendo headquarters. I got it at a garage sale from a lady that took it when she left working at nintendo in the late 90s. I got a great deal 7 bucks for the system and two games. It was never played. The wario game has a label saying not for sale or something across it.

bread's done
Back