I seek help.(this will probably be locked...but this is the only....

theboogieman

CAGiversary!
Forum i know anyone on.Ok here is my problem i sent a $25 check to a guy in Knoxville tenn. on accident (sent to wrong address and it had his name on check...long story). I have emailed him,but have yet to get response....If he never responds...is there anything i can do about it?

Thanx, Me

Its been cashed....I didnt know i sent it too the wrong guy until a few days ago when the person i ment to send it too said they never recieved it(i sent it 2 weeks ago)

if i had a nickel for everytime i've heard someone say "i sent a $25 check to a guy in Knoxville tenn. on accident " ... i'd be a rich man..

heres the 'long' story:

i had sold an item to the person in knoxville(guy who has check),he sent payment as well with a letter stateing his address name and all of that,i sent his package the next day. Then i needed to pay for somthing i purchesed Via ebay,I aksed my mom if she would allow me to use one of her checks (and i give her cash).She said yes but said write down the info and i will fill it out and mail it 2morrow(it was around midnight and she wanted to go to bed).Well what happend next(i just found out last night) was she woke me up at 8AM and asked if the paper was his address,i was half asleep(i dont remember this at all) and said yes.So she mailed it to the guy who just bought the item from me.

The End. :oops: :cry:

Then just call the guy (switchboard.com) and ask him to please send your money back...if he doesnt then call your bank and say the guy cashed a check that wasnt his...see what they do...thats all i can say

and the guy cahsed it w/o sayign anything? What a slut. If i got random checks in the mail from ppl i didnt know, id contact them.

If the guy doesn't do the right and honorable thing, well I say you just have to chalk it up to your error and learn from it.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']If you ever get the urge to send $25 to random people...I can give you my address.[/quote]

Haha, i will but youi must send me an Xbox first :p :wink:

Actually sounds like you should be thankful! Thankful for a Mom who loves you so much she will do your errands such as mail or ebay stuff. This sounds like this is because of your neglicence, and a really good mom. If the guy you sent it to has any morals he will send it back, if not, be thankful you have a good Mom.

It doesn't seem like it was the check receiver's fault. What would you do if you found $20 on the sidewalk? Just learn from your mistakes.

[quote name='karmapolice620']Then just call the guy (switchboard.com) and ask him to please send your money back...if he doesnt then call your bank and say the guy cashed a check that wasnt his...see what they do...thats all i can say[/quote]

I would definately not call the bank and say that.

The guy cashed a check that was mailed to him with his name on it... you're not just on shaky ground legally there expecting the bank to do something, you're bordering on fraud.

Contact him, hope he's a good enough guy to send the money back... that's about all you've got at this point.

[quote name='jasonditz'][quote name='karmapolice620']Then just call the guy (switchboard.com) and ask him to please send your money back...if he doesnt then call your bank and say the guy cashed a check that wasnt his...see what they do...thats all i can say[/quote]

I would definately not call the bank and say that.

The guy cashed a check that was mailed to him with his name on it... you're not just on shaky ground legally there expecting the bank to do something, you're bordering on fraud.

Contact him, hope he's a good enough guy to send the money back... that's about all you've got at this point.[/quote]

AMEN.. Whoever said.. 'call the bank and see what they do.' is just way off base. If the guy has any ethics he will make it right, if not.. its your fault so just move on...

You know who said 'call the bank and see what they do.'...sp why would you say:

AMEN.. Whoever said.. 'call the bank and see what they do.' is just way off base.

To cash the check the guy would have to sign it and forge the recievers name, last time I checked that was a crime

Yeah I was about to ask how this person cashed a check made out to another person...

This is check fraud and you could easily call the cops. Why is calling the bank a bad idea. Say you wrote a check to person X but it was cashed fraudulantly...maybe the bank knows how to take proper steps.

Obviously the guy doesnt have ethics otherwise he wouldnt have cashed the check to begin with.

You could also wait till you get the check back from you bank...see where he cashed it and call that bank to alert them of the fraud. They may call the person on your behalf...who knows.

[quote name='Lootr2Core']Actually sounds like you should be thankful! Thankful for a Mom who loves you so much she will do your errands such as mail or ebay stuff. This sounds like this is because of your neglicence, and a really good mom. If the guy you sent it to has any morals he will send it back, if not, be thankful you have a good Mom.[/quote]

How does sticking a letter in the mailbox(right outside the door) qualify someone as a good mom?

I'm gonna write a letter the guy since i cant find his dam phone #.Not completely sure he checks his email....but he is gonna get a neg feedback if he doesnt return my f/ckin money.Oh well, only took me 3 weeks to make that money....

[quote name='hutno']To cash the check the guy would have to sign it and forge the recievers name, last time I checked that was a crime[/quote]

It had his name on it.

theboogieman, you're fucked, plain and simple. You screwed up. Live with it. If you would have caught this earlier you may have been able to cancel the check but more often than not your bank will charge an outrageous fee for it. At this point there is nothing you can do except hope he'll respond to your pleas.

[quote name='theboogieman']I'm gonna write a letter the guy since i cant find his dam phone #.Not completely sure he checks his email....but he is gonna get a neg feedback if he doesnt return my f/ckin money.Oh well, only took me 3 weeks to make that money....[/quote]

Again, I disagree with this. You fucked up, he didn't. I assume the actual eBay transaction went well? If yes, leave positive feedback. eBay feedback is for eBay auctions. If you fucked up outside of that specific auction you have no right to leave negative feedback.

Be a man. Suck it up. $25 is nothing in the long run.

(What's your eBay name BTW?)

[quote name='siamesellama'][quote name='theboogieman']I'm gonna write a letter the guy since i cant find his dam phone #.Not completely sure he checks his email....but he is gonna get a neg feedback if he doesnt return my f/ckin money.Oh well, only took me 3 weeks to make that money....[/quote]

Again, I disagree with this. You shaq-fued up, he didn't. I assume the actual eBay transaction went well? If yes, leave positive feedback. eBay feedback is for eBay auctions. If you shaq-fued up outside of that specific auction you have no right to leave negative feedback.

Be a man. Suck it up. $25 is nothing in the long run.

(What's your eBay name BTW?)[/quote]

Acctually gonna leave Nuetrul(spelt that wrong) as feedback,not because of this but because he didn't send payment till i gave him a 3rd and final warning. When i clearly state in all my auctions that buyer must contact me within 3 days and pay within 10.And why do you want to know my Ebay name?

bread's done
Back