i simpy cannot get the USB adapter to work

Metal Boss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm not really hoping to resolve this anymore. I just wanted to say that I'm really frustrated with the USB wifi adapter. i get the same 2 error codes every time i try doing the connection test. I followed the instructions very carefully, and for troubleshooting, So far I've tried asking the nintendo forum only to be trolled, read through various faqs and troubleshooting guides, tried my own process of elimination trial, I even had step by step troubleshooting help with Nintendo 2 service reps and they could only really tell me it is either interference or a faulty adapter. I'm going to try aquiring a refund and wait for the lan adapter. :whistle2::)-?

52040, 51420 mostly... I have 2 firewalls, but to test the adapter, I uninstalled zone alarm, AVG and set up my modem directly to the computer. This didn't work. I've also tried positioning the adapter almost directly parallel to the console.

[quote name='Metal Boss']52040, 51420 mostly... I have 2 firewalls, but to test the adapter, I uninstalled zone alarm, AVG and set up my modem directly to the computer. This didn't work. I've also tried positioning the adapter almost directly parallel to the console.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problems and have posted it here. I think the Nintendo USB adapter is a piece of crap. The only way I could get it to work was to bridge the connection between the adapter and the internet connection. Of course, you can only do this when you have a wired connection (so I couldn't use it in one hotel where they had wireless but the DS wouldn't work with it directly). But when you do this bridge the software doesn't recognize it and you need to uninstall and reinstall the software every time you use it.

I tried this on 2 different laptops both at home, in my 'office' 2000 miles away, and in a couple of different hotels. Got the errors every time until I figured out the bridging thing. By the way, all the stuff they tell you to "turn off" doesn't make a whit of difference once you do the bridging.

Was your problem that it wouldn't get an IP? I had no problem seeing the USB adapter but on connection tests it would say it couldn't get an IP address. I looked all over the net for info on this. Nintendo has these really nice documents for the different error codes but they never once mentioned the bridging issue - I found that on some obscure web site (which I thought I bookmarked but I can't find it now). I think I posted it on CAG somewhere - search through the DS forum for more about the USB adapter.

I only wanted it to use for travel with my DS. In that case I have NO CONTROL whatsoever on the router/internet setup. The fact that this damn thing is so picky with the setup of your computer and broadband setup is why I call it a piece of crap. If you have a valid internet connection that you can surf the damn web with, this thing ought to work out of the box (or at least after you install Nintendo's driver software!).

bread's done
Back