I think I got a Good Deal

thebob101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
245 (100%)
Been wanting to buy a PS2 for quite some time and I finally decided to make that move today. I received a coupon from CC for $40 off any $200+ purchase so I decided to use it to get the PS2. I have also wanted to get Guitar Hero. CC had a deal for a free Sony DVD remote with the purchase of a PS2. So I was able to get a PS2, Sony DVD remote and Guitar Hero for $189. I am pretty stoked to break it out, play Guitar Hero and borrow some games from a buddy of mine to get started.

ps 22 is good and has a huge library of games but u could've got one cheaper . i would'v e used tha coupon for a 360 if possible, even an xbox mainly because xbox live

[quote name='rly723']ps 22 is good and has a huge library of games but u could've got one cheaper . i would'v e used tha coupon for a 360 if possible, even an xbox mainly because xbox live[/QUOTE]
you might want to check his sig.

nice deal :) the ps2 is an awesome system despite its graphical weaknesses. it definitely has the largest volume of good games.

When I moved and filled out a change of address form for USPS, they included it in their confirmation package along with coupons for Linens & Things and Home Depot.

And on another note, just opened the PS2 and it is the smallest game console I have ever seen. It is tiny! I thought it would be the slim version (like my buddies), but this thing is much smaller. I can't believe I waited this long to get one.

The PS2 rules. There are so many good games out there that you'd have to sit out of the next two generations of consoles if you wanted to play them all. Have fun!

[quote name='thebob101']When I moved and filled out a change of address form for USPS, they included it in their confirmation package along with coupons for Linens & Things and Home Depot.

And on another note, just opened the PS2 and it is the smallest game console I have ever seen. It is tiny! I thought it would be the slim version (like my buddies), but this thing is much smaller. I can't believe I waited this long to get one.[/QUOTE]

how could this be smaller... there is only 2 models

the fat and the thin

[quote name='Apossum']nice deal :) the ps2 is an awesome system despite its graphical weaknesses. [/QUOTE]

someone is a little spoiled it sounds like. i think the ps2s graphics are just dandy. recent games like god of war and shadow of the colossus are very slick looking games. but like you said, it has the best library, dont be suprised if you play it more than your 360

[quote name='iheartmetal']someone is a little spoiled it sounds like. i think the ps2s graphics are just dandy. recent games like god of war and shadow of the colossus are very slick looking games. but like you said, it has the best library, dont be suprised if you play it more than your 360[/QUOTE]

you know what I mean-- in comparison to the xbox and cube. God of war did look about as good as most games on other systems though. Colossus has it's moments, but it also nearly melts the ps2. If there's one game I'd want a remake of on a stronger system, it's colossus! ;)

speaking of which-- OP-- get these games:

--Shadow of the Colossus
--Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition
--Katamari Damacy
--Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
--Tekken 5
--Ico

[quote name='Apossum']you know what I mean-- in comparison to the xbox and cube. God of war did look about as good as most games on other systems though. Colossus has it's moments, but it also nearly melts the ps2. If there's one game I'd want a remake of on a stronger system, it's colossus! ;)

speaking of which-- OP-- get these games:

--Shadow of the Colossus
--Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition
--Katamari Damacy
--Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
--Tekken 5
--Ico[/QUOTE]

Word. You can't go wrong with those games and you should pick up Vitrua Fighter 4:Evolution if you're into fighters. Don't forget about Final Fantasy X if you're even somewhat into RPG's. Congrats on getting a PS2.

[quote name='thebob101']I don't know what it is, but I don't remember it being that small.[/QUOTE]

I remember thinking the same thing when I saw the slim I bought for my BF's birthday all set up- I think, when you don't have one to look at every day, you forget just how much smaller they managed to make those things. It's nuts.

bread's done
Back