I think I got my first non-sending seller...

A

Apossum

Wow, 3 scammers in one week! lucky me....

anyway, another CAG and I are most likely getting ripped off by this one guy. I'm almost 100% positive he won't send within 10 days.

just wondering what the best course of action is. I read Ebay's policy about filing a claim for a refund and they said they charage a $25 refund fee? Is that true? Cause the item cost $19.65. I'm not paying ebay $5 :lol:

knowing that, should I do a chargeback through paypal instead and leave the guy a negative?

any advice would be much appreciated!

Did you try contacting him? I would contact him first if he doesnt respond open a dispute with paypal. Always dispute with paypal they are the most effective ebay cant really do anything to get your money back. Dont leave him a negative until you are sure he is scamming you.

yep, multiple times. still going to send one note every day until I can file. can you file through paypal at any time or do you have to wait like on ebay?

paypal wont do anything cause they said the seller has 30 days to ship out

refund fee is based on selling price. I think its like 5 bucks for yours

Threaten to contact paypal. If you don't get a reponse then do it. This has happened to me once. Two weeks after an auction ended I got a refund, and a lame excuse from the seller.

Had that happened to me for an item at 30$. File a report on ebay and got 5 dollars back. Don't know how it will work for an item below 25. What is the policy on paypal?

$25 is probably the 'deductible' on eBay's POS buyer's insurance or something.

Getting your money from PayPal is probably your best bet. But if he really did scam a bunch of people chances are high he cleaned out his PayPal account and is gone. You can also file fraud with the USPS (if it was going to be shipped USPS) and with the IFCC. Check the fraud guide. But I'd wait until you see if PayPal can do anything for you first. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=cag_trading_guide#faq_mail_fraud_guide

I'm guessing you didn't pay with a credit card through PayPal?

okay, so how would I get the seller's address? i've tried googling their info and all that to no avail.

Rather than having to go through filing for mail fraud and all that, I can deal with the police directly, since they live in Chicago.

that's just in case paypal can't pull any cash from them.

I did pay with a debit card, so i don't think I can chargeback. also, they have received mixed feedback-- mostly positive, with a couple negatives.

If your debit card has a Visa logo, it probably has the same chargeback process as a normal Visa CC.

Going to the guy's local police is also an excellent option.

You can request his contact information from eBay since you are involved in a recent sale together. I'd do that ASAP. And you should have a name from your PayPal payment. Of course if he put nonsense for his eBay info you are SOL.

http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/Ad...sop=1&fsoo=1&fcl=2&frpp=50&sofindtype=9&pfid=

Definitely go to the guy's local police department, especially if you can show that he has a tendency for this sort of action. I did the same ages ago with someone on eBay who scammed about two dozen of us buyers of smaller items since we couldn't possibly claim anything from him since the $25 deductible would mean we end up losing even more.

Two dozen calls to the BBB and the police office certainly got him and "his wife" off of eBay pretty damned quickly. Only a few of us actually got our items or our money back, but nailing the guy like that was pretty much all we wanted.

[quote name='wubb']$25 is probably the 'deductible' on eBay's POS buyer's insurance.[/quote] I was foolish and did not use delivery confirmation for Canadian delivery. Guy had the game (sent feedback saying "beautiful game") but a week later decided to be greedy and get it for free. He filed a dispute through ebay. A month passed but Ebay did nothing because the value was below $25. Stupid thief.

- Send email to seller; if no response

Go to Ebay Help and search for the following:
- Seller non-performance
- invalid contact information
- invalid email
File all 3 reports against the seller.

Then go to paypal.com to file an 'item not received' dispute with paypal; if they cannot recover the money file a dispute through your credit card.

I had some Ebay problems of myself... I gave this buyer a week and a half to pay, sent an email and heard nothing. Then I used the magic words "non paying bidder" and I got a response in a couple hours. And amazingly, I got Excuse B: Family Member in Hospital. The fact that it worked out exactly as people here described was a little eerie.

[quote name='Chacrana']I had some Ebay problems of myself... I gave this buyer a week and a half to pay, sent an email and heard nothing. Then I used the magic words "non paying bidder" and I got a response in a couple hours. And amazingly, I got Excuse B: Family Member in Hospital. The fact that it worked out exactly as people here described was a little eerie.[/QUOTE]

This same thing happened with two bidders of mine... as soon as I used those same words, non paying bidder, I got a payment the very next day... no message or anything though explaining what happened, and this is after 2 invoices and 3 emails.

One guy still hasn't paid, so I'm opening the dispute tonight.

Another situation I have is a guy buys some games, pays for them, then later on buys another game, but dosen't pay for it. I'm trying to be nice, telling him once he pays I'll ship them all at the same time and I'll cut him a deal on shipping, but it's been two days now and I haven't heard back from him yet. Either way, I'm screwed, since I can ship his game out he bought now and he pays full shipping cost for the second one, or I wait and he says I'm a slow shipper.

bread's done
Back