I think I got re-packaged by GS

Ghaleon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Okay here's the deal, I picked up DDS2 yesterday for 39.99 but I was ABOUT to open it but then I noticed something not right it didn't have that white security sticker at the top, anyone know if its not supposed to be on there for this game?

This has been discussed before. Months ago, around the time of Area 51's release, Sony stopped putting the white security sticker on top of factory sealed games.

Even without the sticker, it still is very easy to tell the different between factory shrinkwrap and GS/EB.

[quote name='Dijital']Well the sealing on this also seems to be 'loose' and actually has an opening kinda so its not air tight.[/QUOTE]

The most important thing is, is the wrapper seal folded on top & bottom of the case, or does it have a heat cut on either side of the case? If its folded then its a legitimate factory seal. If its a heat cut then GS repackaged it.

[quote name='Dijital']Really, most of the recent ones I've gotten have had it on there.[/QUOTE]

Most of the games that you got recently may have it, but I doubt that those are recent games. Hell, I bought a bunch of games at the TRU and CompUSA sales and they all did have the white seal, but those were not recently released games. No new release PS2 games have the white seal anymore.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']The most important thing is, is the wrapper seal folded on top & bottom of the case, or does it have a heat cut on either side of the case? If its folded then its a legitimate factory seal. If its a heat cut then GS repackaged it.[/QUOTE]

Not true anymore. Quite a few games are coming in that look like a cheap reshrinking job.

[quote name='Scoobert']Not true anymore. Quite a few games are coming in that look like a cheap reshrinking job.[/QUOTE]

For DDS2 it is folded ;)

It has also been reported that the same game has arrived in both the folded and heat-seal type of plastic wrap. There really is no way to be sure anymore.

i went into a gamestop store YEsterday and the dude told another worker to take a stack of opened games to the back and reseal them.... Hell half of these looked used and they are going to reseal them as new... talk about a load of bullcrap

i found that Ace DS game said 19.99 asked can i see it ? Dude goes umm that got resealed and is now 29.99... how the hell can they get away with that

[quote name='slidecage']i went into a gamestop store YEsterday and the dude told another worker to take a stack of opened games to the back and reseal them.... Hell half of these looked used and they are going to reseal them as new... talk about a load of bullcrap

i found that Ace DS game said 19.99 asked can i see it ? Dude goes umm that got resealed and is now 29.99... how the hell can they get away with that[/QUOTE]

I believe that's illegal or something... they were told to stop doing that. The thing is though, if it was a display copy then they can do that.

Phoenix Wright for $30 would've been a killer deal, I would've bought it and opened it in front of them and complained about it being sh*tty (if it was) and threaten to complain to the Better Business Bureau.

[quote name='slidecage']i went into a gamestop store YEsterday and the dude told another worker to take a stack of opened games to the back and reseal them.... Hell half of these looked used and they are going to reseal them as new... talk about a load of bullcrap

i found that Ace DS game said 19.99 asked can i see it ? Dude goes umm that got resealed and is now 29.99... how the hell can they get away with that[/QUOTE]

may be sealing them for reasons other then what you suspect. used are shrinked together for security sometimes.

slidecage, i would've thought you've been on here long enough, or at least shopped in gs/ebs long enough to know how things work?

i don't know about the second thing though, maybe they didn't have used and he was offering new? or there was a price change and the sticker was old on the display.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Don't like it? Don't shop at GameStop then. It's as easy as that. Want new, sealed games, go find them at Best Buy or Wal Mart.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I only go to EBs if I plan on buying a game used, or their having a decent sale. Otherwise, its BB/target/walmart for me.

EA and some other put Security Seal on the side or top and may just on the bottom. PS2 games no longe come with Title and Bar Scan that it used to due to cost saving.... at least what I heard. What a saving for Sony. Maybe these are some big changes the new English CEO have in mind for cost-cutting measures....

Bestbuy packages some games now actually, it uses a special security case with a lock icon I believe.

It's hard to find a place to pick up games these days.

bread's done
Back