I think I got screwed on an ebay DS..

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']since when is it anyone's duty on here to show compassion for others?[/quote]
geh. go to fatwallet or something. nobody gives a shit about anybody else there, and they seem pretty content to spend their time making money off people's ignorance instead of helping anyone else out. they seem more your style. just don't fuck up OUR community with these greed driven bullshit posts. no one is on your side.

[quote name='DustBoogie']:applause: Glad to hear it! Hopefully a mod can come along and close this before more mud is slung.[/quote]

Before that happens I'd be curious to hear it from Doom Gaze.

Hopefully, everyone learned a valuable lesson here. It's important to do some research and ask some questions BEFORE bidding on an expensive item on Ebay.

[quote name='javeryh']Before that happens I'd be curious to hear it from Doom Gaze.[/QUOTE]

He reluctantly agreed to take the fees via PM, interestingly about an hour before he posted it in the thread.

I thanked him profusely and asked for info although he hasn't responded yet. As soon as he does, I'll PayPal him whatever he needs.

Above all, I thank you guys for getting behind me and helping me out. I'd have just gotten Shaq-Fu'd majorly had you not been here.

He gets his fees back anyways. From ebay help

"We've agreed not to complete the transaction. With this option, the buyer does not receive an Unpaid Item strike, the seller receives a Final Value Fee credit, and the item is eligible for a relist credit. "

Glad everything worked out in the end though.

[quote name='arfin']He gets his fees back anyways. From ebay help

"We've agreed not to complete the transaction. With this option, the buyer does not receive an Unpaid Item strike, the seller receives a Final Value Fee credit, and the item is eligible for a relist credit. "

Glad everything worked out in the end though.[/QUOTE]

exactly what I was thinking... I think the seller was just trying to "maximmize" profits. Gets listing fees back + charges for them? Teh hells up with that? And dont ever again fucking say "such is ebay"... You have sold 6 things on ebay, you don't qualify to have an opinion on how ebay practices are until you sell enough (still a rookie to the game).

Glad to see the OP got what was justified.

[quote name='notoriousrcn']Funny to see that on "Cheap Ass Gamer" we actually get a glimpse of the elusive "Cheap Ass"....[/quote]

well arent you the brave lill newb.
the buyer wasent at fault the auction was described as a limited edition ds not a decal.

I think the Seller won't be cool by just taking the relisting fee's and such that the buyer said he would pay for. The seller knows that this auction was a fluke and he won't get nearly as much if he re-lists it and actually describes the item to what it is.

EDIT- Was resolved and I didn't know it before posting my comment :) Glad to hear that it al worked out for both parties.

[quote name='BigHow']I previously raised this issue on the auction thread started by the seller. You'll see that the seller never answered my question, which raised a lot of concerns on my part.

The buyer is complaining that the DS is just a regular DS with a skin on top featuring the orange patterns and a pre-printed replica of Miyamoto's signature. If you look at the other auction I link to, you'll see that the skin was handed out as part of Nintendo's press package at the 2005 E3. These skins were also handed out a the Nintendo World Miyamoto Event.

I think the listing is definitely misleading because it makes the DS sound like its some limited edition Miyamoto DS system, when in actuality it's just a regular DS with a limited edition Miyamoto skin on it.[/QUOTE]

I was going to point to the Nintendo World event, though skins there were not with pre-printed signatures. If that's where this came from, the signature would have been authentic.

It really sucks that you have to pay him for his crappy listing. You guys should have split the fees but that's just my two cents. That's why I don't mess with Ebay anymore.

bread's done
Back