I think NXE corrupted my HDD, any suggestions/help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpuma1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Ok, the NXE forum is huge, so i decided to start this one.

I d'led NXE. It restarted. It began to update the dashboard after the restart. It stalled 85% of the way there, for about 15 minutes. I tried to press B to cancel. it froze.

I manually restarted, animation fine, then i get gray screen with E68, one red light on the ring.

called XBOX, they are useless idiots. i'm pretty sure it's a HDD corruption, from some research, but i'm checking to see if anyone else has had this problem also, and what I might do. I'm hoping i can try to recover some save games/live arcade games.

I saw your post in the other forum. The only thing that has worked for some people is to remove the drive, let the 360 boot, and then re-attach the drive once it is up and running.

If that works, I would get a memory card and back those gamesaves up ASAP in case your drive decides to croak again.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']I saw your post in the other forum. The only thing that has worked for some people is to remove the drive, let the 360 boot, and then re-attach the drive once it is up and running.

If that works, I would get a memory card and back those gamesaves up ASAP in case your drive decides to croak again.[/quote]

i'll try that when i get home. thanks, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back