I think somebody might have stolen my game

hawkhogan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Alright, well it's been about a week or so since i ordered a game off ebay, and the delivery confirmation # shows it being delivered here about 2 days ago, but i haven't received anything :whistle2:#. I'm not sure but, i've had issues where after the mailman has come and gone, i check for the mail and there's nothing, then when i return there's a whole lot of stuff and one time i even found the mailbox open. The mailboxes are all in a row (about 24 of them, no need to have a key for them so anyone can open whichever one they desire), and i live in an apartment complex.

In case somebody DID steal my game, would the post office do anything if i give them the dc # and some info regarding this issue?? I know the ebay seller probably wouldn't want to believe me since the tracking shows it as delivered. What can i do??? :whistle2:k

Unless they delivered it to the apartment's office, you're pretty much screwed. The PO won't do jack about it, since it's considered to delivered to them. You can contact the seller & ask about it, although it's a long shot.

It's not the sellers fault that your game got stolen from the mail box so imho it would be a bit unfair to ask for your money back from them. And then for that matter the Post Office does not care, Mail boxes are your responsibility sure people are not spost to touch them but there is nothing stopping them from doing so.

When i lived in a apartment, ALL my mail that was bigger then standard letter sized was held at the main office for me.. figured less risk that way.. Even my UPS stuff was left at the office.

This happened to me once. I also live in an apartment building and I ordered psych season 3, which was marked as delivered but I never got it. UPS, USPS, and Fedex all deliver differently. USPS puts it in the box but UPS and Fedex leave it outside the door which begs to be stolen. I'm pretty sure one of my shady ass neighbors lifted it.

Sounds like it has been stolen. You may want to file a police report, but they will probably do nothing unless its like big ticket item. Maybe finger print the area.

They wont fingerprint unless its a bigger crime than a stolen piece of mail thats was only a game... Too bad it wasnt ordered from Amazon, they actually WOULD send another game... happened to me with a delivery of a game I ordered over vacation... it was said to be delivered, I never found it, and they resent a new one...

[quote name='wboshart']This happened to me once. I also live in an apartment building and I ordered psych season 3, which was marked as delivered but I never got it. UPS, USPS, and Fedex all deliver differently. USPS puts it in the box but UPS and Fedex leave it outside the door which begs to be stolen. I'm pretty sure one of my shady ass neighbors lifted it.[/QUOTE]
The UPS drivers around here are like frickin' ninjas. I had two packages just dumped off on the side stoop of my families' house without so much as a knock on the door or a ring of the doorbell.:roll:

I've had a couple of similar things happen to me before with USPS. The DC number showed it was delivered, yet it wasn't there. So I called about it and turns out it was actually back at the post office waiting for me to either schedule another delivery or go pick it up.

The same happening for you might be a long shot as I think my postman working that day was just smart enough to not leave it lying around where anyone can pick it up without any problem, but it wouldn't hurt to give your post office a call and see if there's anything there with your name on it. Hopefully in the end this comes out positive for you though, good luck!

bread's done
Back