I thought this kind thing only happens on ebay

[quote name='hvhant']Compusa has DS on stock, but for 224.99!! How could they charge 75 bucks(or 50%) more than MSRP?[/quote]

smart..theyll make a crapload of money taht way..but the overprice makes me a sad panda :(

This sucks! I will remember this next time I need something. I guess I won't be going to CompUSA, unless they have one of those sales that turns me into a "Devil".

I'm surprised CompUSA would do this. Maybe it's a pricing mistake?

Or maybe it's because they are doing overnight shipping for $0.01 on it? (So they are upping the price of the DS to cover the S&H.) Still lame.

[quote name='Cracka']if it were walmart, there would already be a jihad started by now[/quote]
speaking of which

seems like a smart move to me. If people will buy them for that much, then by golly, if i was a person in the business of making money, id sell them for that much. I mean, from the consumer end, it sucks, but thats business.

It sucks for the consumer, but it's also a risk for the chain if people decide that they won't bother paying that much for a DS also. No one is forcing people to buy it from CompUSA

I thought Nintendo enforced fixed pricing. Isn't this the sort of thing that gets retailers black-listed?

Nintendo enfored minimum price fixing in the 80s, before it was deemed incredibly illegal. However, since they sell DS units to retailers for about $145, selling them for any less would be a bad idea.

[quote name='wubb']I'm surprised CompUSA would do this. Maybe it's a pricing mistake?

Or maybe it's because they are doing overnight shipping for $0.01 on it? (So they are upping the price of the DS to cover the S&H.) Still lame.[/quote]

$70 for sh/h? :shock:

[quote name='mkelehan']Nintendo enfored minimum price fixing in the 80s, before it was deemed incredibly illegal. However, since they sell DS units to retailers for about $145, selling them for any less would be a bad idea.[/quote]

I confess that I have no knowledge of the retail price of the DS. However, I think you'd better check your sources on that one. I've never heard of a manufacturer selling an item for 3% less than retail. In any case, I think it's quite safe to say that no retail outlet would be stupid enough to sell the DS for $150 if they had purchased it for $145. You have an interesting theory as to why CompUSA would bump the price up, but it seems to me highly unlikely.

bread's done
Back