I threw up after playing Resident Evil....

Darwin23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm halfway with Resident Evil 4, and although i've felt nauseous before when playing this game, yesterday was the first time that i actually had to throw up after about 20 minutes of playing(motion sickness). Now i dont know if i should go back to playing it---i'm more than halfway, but i'm afraid i'd feel sick again when i play it. Is there a medicine out there that you can take to prevent this? Maybe a shot of liquor? anyone experience this?

I used to get something like that from playing Halo.

I always went back to playing, and over time I developed a tolerance for it. Otherwise, I would imagine a sea sickness remedy would work. The following is a link I found, along with the critical excerpt from it.

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/ConsConditions/MotionSicknesscc.html

Medications
Medications for motion sickness may cause drowsiness and impair judgement and, therefore, should be avoided in pilots, astronauts, ship crew members, and individuals in any other occupation where heavy equipment is operated or where being alert is critical. The following medications are a reasonable option for infrequent travelers and others who experience motion sickness occasionally:

Scopolamine—most commonly prescribed medication for motion sickness; must be taken before the onset of symptoms; available in patch form that is placed behind the ear 6 to 8 hours before travel; effects last up to 3 days; side effects may include dry mouth, drowsiness, blurred vision, and disorientation
Promethazine—take 2 hours before travel; effects last between 6 and 8 hours; side effects may include drowsiness and dry mouth
Cyclizine—most effective when taken at least 30 minutes before travel; not recommended for children younger than 6; side effects are similar to scopolamine
Dimenhydrinate—take every 4 to 8 hours; side effects are similar to scopolamine
Meclizine—most effective when taken 1 hour before travel; not recommended for children under 12; side effects may include drowsiness and dry mouth

Good luck.

Yeah you get used to it after time (hopefully). I used to get that feeling of falling whenever I would fall off a cliff in Twisted Metal Black

Just play the game in small doses until you get used to it. Each game is different on ones eyes and takes some getting used to.

You might want to watch out and consult a physician. It could be an early sign of epillepsy. Remember to read the warnings in game manuals before playing. I'm just trying to look out for you and not be a jerk.

[quote name='pimpinc333']LOL soo good.[/QUOTE]

...whats even funnier was that...i had to run to the bathroom to puke...then i went back and had to find that damn typewriter in order to save the game.

[quote name='Darwin23']...whats even funnier was that...i had to run to the bathroom to puke...then i went back and had to find that damn typewriter in order to save the game.[/QUOTE]

Good Stuff.

[quote name='Darwin23']Maybe a shot of liquor? [/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's a great idea. Nothing cures nausea and prevents vomiting better than liquor.

I've heard of a few people having these problems. Never had them myself. I'd recommend small doses of the game. I think you'll eventually get used to it. Has it ever happened with any other game?

I got this after laying Goldeneye after a long time not playing it. I didn't get to the point of having to puke, but I definitelt got motion sickness.

Try playing with some music you like in the background. It sometimes happens when you concentrate on something moving/or while moving too hard. ( like reading in the car while its moving) Also like everyone else has said, try take quick breaks every few minutes, like looking away outside or watching some tv for a minute or two.
Eventually it will happen less or not at all.
Or you can take dramamine but thats kind of not worth it.

dramamine.jpg
:rofl:

I got motion sick from playing Super Mario 64 but got used to it. I got it really bad playing Jak and Daxter and haven't touched it since or bought any of the sequels. They're the only two games that have ever had that effect on me.

I used to get it when I first started playing Golden Eye. But I guess the long nights of DM eventually gave me immunity. :)

Lol. As you can see this is a common thing. You're just going to have to keep playing it until you get use to it. Motion sickness by playing video games started with Doom where one of the people making the game got really bad motion sickness and had to work through it until he didn't get sick anymore.

I have some weird inner ear problem that causes dizziness and my head to pound, combined with stress can lead to migraines. I take Meclizine for it, it works fucking wonders. If it doesn't get better you'll probably just want to see a doctor before you start popping pills, though.

try some of these natural alternatives:

1) play on a smaller screen.
2) sit farther away.
3) be well rested; do not play tired.
4) pressure point wrist bands. (check your local drug stores)

5) or send all your 'motion sickness' games to me. (gladly accepting donations)

a racing game for the gamecube made me do the same thing. DOnt know if it was all the colors flying by or what.. I turned it off and never played it again (it sucked by the way) world tour or something like that

whats funny is I just stopped playing F.E.A.R 10 minutes ago becasuse of this. I thought I had gotten over it since I have been playin pc fps games since 2001 . Lol I guess not and this sucks.

I've never had this problem, I think it's kind of strange how each person who has experienced it says it's only a couple certain games.

Back when I was little I would get it every time I played FPS of any type. Now I can play anything however Halo 2 makes me sick as a dog and I still can't play it.

If you can get ahold of some "soda syrup" or more specifically, "coca-cola syrup" (which works better), that will help. Take a tablespoon of it over crushed ice, it should take care of your nauseia for a fair amount of time.

EDIT: "Soda syrup" can be found at most pharmacys. However, it seems that "Coca-cola syrup" is no longer available in pharmacys (in most areas), so if you work at Mcdonalds or somewhere that has fountain sodas, you can probably get some from there.

bread's done
Back