I want to build my first Custom gaming pc

Road4Kill

CAGiversary!
or custom gaming laptop not sure which one but I want it to be cheap, look badass and be a beast. Where do I begin?

Just to give you an idea I built my first pc 2 weeks ago and its been a blast. After rebates it will come to $610 (not including monitor) and it can play everything I've thrown at it and usually at the highest settings. Building it wasn't that difficult either, just follow the directions.

[quote name='homeland']Just to give you an idea I built my first pc 2 weeks ago and its been a blast. After rebates it will come to $610 (not including monitor) and it can play everything I've thrown at it and usually at the highest settings. Building it wasn't that difficult either, just follow the directions.[/QUOTE]

where are the "directions"? :bouncy:

Instructions come with each part. Building a PC is like putting together a Lego set. Seriously, it's not that hard at all.

Generally a good resource to find out if a part is reliable is Newegg. For example, go to Motherboards, AMD motherboards, select socket type and "Sort by best rated." When you have 4 and 5 star rated products that have lots of reviews it's a pretty safe bet, reliability wise.

Anyways, the focus should be on the power supply and the motherboard. Everything else can be cheaply upgraded in the future, and PS is responsible for the overall system health. I generally stick with Asus or Gigabyte for my MBs.

With the motherboard, you should be looking at chipset, which is the overall features of the MB. Unless you are trying to built an extremely cheap PC, you want to stick with one of the newer chipsets so you get a higher maximum RAM (8/16gb max, so you can add RAM in the future), USB 3 connectivity. Right now the best value for a higher end MB is an AMD 870 chipset,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128443

Sata 3 (for the future, you probably don't have Sata 3 HDs yet), USB 3 (ditto), ATX MB.

Also think about a AMD x3 CPU, they are much cheaper for the performance. Later on down the road when x6 core CPUs get cheap you can upgrade to that (right now they are too expensive)

It's really hard for me to go much further without knowing your budget though. "I want cheap" means different things to different people.

bread's done
Back