I want to buy Madden 12 next week. But money is super tight.

Lazer77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
90 (100%)
I was wondering if you guys know of any solutions for this dilemma? I thought maybe if I bought it, enjoyed it for 2-3 weeks, and then sold it, I would expect to get about $30 or so. But that is a bit of a steep investment to play a game for 3 weeks. Does anyone know how I can get this done? Stupid question I know.

You can rent it from Blockbuster (I think it's $7 a week) or get a Gamefly trial/membership. Either way you'd probably lose less $ than buy high sell low. If funds are too tight and you need to have it, you could sell some of your other games to come up with the difference.

You could just spend $5 on a mallet and hit yourself in the head while you play Madden 11 (which I'd put money you own) and before you know it, your brains messed up and you've got a new game just like the year before it.

[quote name='zappa103']You could just spend $5 on a mallet and hit yourself in the head while you play Madden 11 (which I'd put money you own) and before you know it, your brains messed up and you've got a new game just like the year before it.[/QUOTE]

Or just take a magic marker and write a 2 over the 1 and tah dah, you have Madden 12...

Seriously though, why would you want it THAT bad and yet only want to play it for three weeks? That makes no sense to me for a sports game. And also, if you can't get more than half price for a game three weeks after release, you are selling your games in the VERY wrong place.

Not the be a dick, but I didn't ask what do you guys think about me wanting to play Madden 12 even though I'm having troubles affording it. I love sports games, they do not get boring, playing it side by side with a friend is incredibly fun, and online is usually really fun/addictive. Let alone the recent be a player, superstar, career, whatever they want to call it modes have been awesome within themselves, and Ultimate Team is super addictive. The new features are typically minor, yeah, but if you're a fan of a sport (NFL, NHL, Premier League Soccer, UFC, etc), then the roster updates are pretty cool actually.

I can easily say that people who buy any JRPG are playing the same exact thing over and over again. Or Call of Duty. Or any fighting game. With a simplistic attitude, you can serious minimize anything to be the same thing over and over.

So anyway. I might look into a Gamefly trial, but I'd imagine Madden 12 be one of those games that go pretty quick. As far as Blockbuster, I think its $10 for the first week and then $1 each additional day. In the end I think I would lose a bit on that one.

[quote name='Lazer77']Wall of text and hyperbole.[/QUOTE]
If you can't afford it, then don't buy it. Case closed. Or take your own advice and rent it from BB for a week.

[quote name='Lazer77']I can easily say that people who buy any JRPG are playing the same exact thing over and over again. Or Call of Duty. Or any fighting game. With a simplistic attitude, you can serious minimize anything to be the same thing over and over.[/QUOTE]

No, you can't. It's pretty sad that playing Madden 11 with an updated roster is such a priority for you. Why not just buy lots of Ramen? Or sacrifice eating altogether? I'm sure anyone who is this fanatical about a football game could go without a few meals.

Or, you can just...wait a year or so. All of these shitty sports titles drop down to less than $5.

And if you don't like our responses, just remember that you asked a "stupid question" on the internet.

[quote name='zappa103']you could just spend $5 on a mallet and hit yourself in the head while you play madden 11 (which i'd put money you own) and before you know it, your brains messed up and you've got a new game just like the year before it.[/quote]

lol

I was just messing around with you. I don't play sports games because I know nothing about sports and they have gotten too realistic for me. I'm glad you enjoy Madden so much, you are not alone. If you really want Madden 12 just craigslist some junk around your place and watch your spending habits closely. I am planning out about 8 games I plan to buy on release date between now and December. At $60 a pop thats $480 so I have been looking for preorder bonuses I can sell, but I also just sold some junk sitting around my house and made a few hundred dollars to plan ahead so that I don't get hit with the cost all at once. Best of luck to you man.

Madden 12 will easily have a $40 resale value on craigslist 3 weeks after release. With the right promotion at BB, GS, or perhaps Amazon even you could possibly get close to $40 in TIV if not at least that amount (3 weeks after).

Can't you sell something on eBay? Wait a week or two for the next paycheck? I can't imagine spending the last bit of money in my pocket on a video game.

[quote name='Lazer77']Not the be a dick, but I didn't ask what do you guys think about me wanting to play Madden 12 even though I'm having troubles affording it. I love sports games, they do not get boring, playing it side by side with a friend is incredibly fun, and online is usually really fun/addictive. Let alone the recent be a player, superstar, career, whatever they want to call it modes have been awesome within themselves, and Ultimate Team is super addictive. The new features are typically minor, yeah, but if you're a fan of a sport (NFL, NHL, Premier League Soccer, UFC, etc), then the roster updates are pretty cool actually.

I can easily say that people who buy any JRPG are playing the same exact thing over and over again. Or Call of Duty. Or any fighting game. With a simplistic attitude, you can serious minimize anything to be the same thing over and over.

So anyway. I might look into a Gamefly trial, but I'd imagine Madden 12 be one of those games that go pretty quick. As far as Blockbuster, I think its $10 for the first week and then $1 each additional day. In the end I think I would lose a bit on that one.[/QUOTE]

Or you could actually read what I fucking wrote before popping your mouth off. My point was:
A: It's a sports game. Why would you want to play it THAT bad, but only for three weeks.
B: You should be getting way more than half price for a game three weeks after release.
C: Someone following a statement with "seriously though" implies that the previous statement was a joke.

But since you are obviously a dick and an idiot, and don't even bother to read or respond to what anyone actually says, here's my advice:
Why don't you take every game you have down to your local gamestop (I'm sure they'll give you at least $0.25 each) and trade them all in. Then I'm sure you can get the game for at most, you know, $40 or so. And then you can take it back there in three weeks and trade in back in for $30, and you'll only be out $10 and all of your games.

Why don't you not get it on release day, wait two or three weeks, then buy it for the $30 you're sure it will be going for then? You get to own it forever for $30, as opposed to playing it for a couple weeks and losing $30.

[quote name='Blade']No, you can't. It's pretty sad that playing Madden 11 with an updated roster is such a priority for you. Why not just buy lots of Ramen? Or sacrifice eating altogether? I'm sure anyone who is this fanatical about a football game could go without a few meals.

Or, you can just...wait a year or so. All of these shitty sports titles drop down to less than $5.

And if you don't like our responses, just remember that you asked a "stupid question" on the internet.[/QUOTE]

Sure you can. It is pretty easy to break down any genre into a simplistic, repetitive form if you want to. You don't like sports games. Cool. Other people do and find value in the changes that are made from year to year.

A stupid question on CAG is how to find the best deal on a particular game? That's what the guy asked. Its responses like these that made the thread what it became, not the original question.

Seriously, it's incredible what lengths people will go to for games. Working at GameStop, I've seen tons of people come in with just a few bucks, and they just HAVE to buy a game, no matter what. They'd spend their very last dollar in there many times.

If you can't afford it, don't buy it. Video games are not a necessity.

(P.S. If you really want to play it, then wait for it to come into GameStop used, buy it, and return it within 7 days. It's well within your rights as a customer.)

bread's done
Back