I want to buy something off of gamefly..

Azurken

CAGiversary!
but I don't want to pay for the subscription. is it possible for me to just buy the used game and make an account for it but not choose a subscription choice. Or do I have to pick one and manually cancel it once I finished the order?

You can probably just buy it. I believe they will accept your money either way.

If you do need a subscription, you can probably find a free first month deal somewhere.

alright I picked the free option and I realized theres no way to actually close the account.. now the main question here is WILL THEY FORCE ME TO GO WITH THE NEXT MONTH since I already gave them the cc info after the trial runs out?

I've ordered used games from them before and I've never had a subscription. I'm not sure what issues you're having, but you can buy from them outright without being a sub member.

[quote name='Kerig']I've ordered used games from them before and I've never had a subscription. I'm not sure what issues you're having, but you can buy from them outright without being a sub member.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I've ordered from them at least once and never subscribed to their service.

You don't have to have a sub to order used games from them... The difference is members receive free shipping while anyone else does not.

yeah theres this huge button outside of "MY ACCOUNT" that says start your free trial NOW. so I'm assuming I'm not subscribed to the service yet.

You don't need to have a subscription with GameFly to buy the used games. You just don't get the bonus coupons, etc. I've bought a few games from them and have never had a subscription. I wait for the free shipping deals.

[quote name='Mixer236']You don't have to have a sub to order used games from them... The difference is members receive free shipping while anyone else does not.[/QUOTE]
The current sale deal includes free shipping though. I've waited for those deals before buying any used games from Gamefly before.:D

As for whether or not you need a subscription to buy stuff from their store, the answer is no. Unless they've somehow changed it where it puts you down for a 'free first month trial' or something since I bought something from them last, you should have no issues buying something without subscribing.

[quote name='Azurken']alright I picked the free option and I realized theres no way to actually close the account.. now the main question here is WILL THEY FORCE ME TO GO WITH THE NEXT MONTH since I already gave them the cc info after the trial runs out?[/QUOTE]

There's a spot on your My Account page where it tells you when you will be billed next. Just click the "Cancel Membership" link before that day, and you don't get billed.

Plus, you almost always get offered a month for $8.95 if you try to cancel.

bread's done
Back