I want to get a DS for my wife

jshendel

CAGiversary!
But, I don't know what games I should get.

Lately, she has been addicted to Bust-A-Move and Tetris Plus on PS 1. She also played a lot of Spyro and Crash Team Racing.

I was thinking about Cooking Mama, but have no clue what else.

Any suggestions?

Also, what would be the best way to get one for cheap? Any websites have a discount for new members, etc.?

It's hard to say without really knowing what she likes. I got my wife a DS and got her Puzzle Quest (after she tried the demo and loved it), New Super Mario Bros, Meteos, and Brain Age. I've also heard Tetris DS is really good.

My wife really only plays two games on her ds lite

1) Animal Crossing
2) Pokemon Pearl

She likes animal crossing because you can collect many different things as well as developing relationships. Also, there is always plenty of fish to catch, or fossils to find, or flowers to plant.

She likes pokemon because of the cute pokemon and the lite role playing aspects.

I would get one of these games, but I am not sure where to find the best price.

Good Luck

my wife has loved-
animal crossing, trauma center, metroid prime pinball, tetris ds, and now planet puzzle leage. those last three are great to play wireless.

i've tried to get her into some other games. but these are the only ones she's liked.

any stylus gam seems like a safe bet to me. my cosin's GF was addicted to Sudoku on brain age...and then she played Big Brain Academy and liked that also..she also tried point blank and that namco game and liked those also.

Games that I've got my girlfriend that she loves are:

Animal Crossing
Brain Age
Big Brain Academy
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
The Phoenix Wright series
Puzzle Quest
Sonic Rush
Yoshi's Island

and soon to be Sim City DS. Pretty much, the games she likes the most are the ones that she can pick up and play to kill a few minutes or while shes in bed. You really can't go wrong with anything thats been suggested so far, and the majority are pretty cheap too.

I bought my girlfriend a DS lite and Brain Age. She really likes doing crosswords, has anyone tried out the NY Times Crosswords game? I'm mainly curious about the user interface and whether it's a hassle to scroll through all the clues in a puzzle.

I think Gamespot's On the Spot from a week or two ago showed that off, so that might give you an idea (along with the review). I fast forwarded through it, so can't say what they thought of it.

I think Toys R Us seems to run bundles from time to time, more than the other stores. Probably just check the weekly ads for a bundle, or extra. I don't think they really go on sale per se, just extras bundled in. I seem to recall Circuit City doing some kind of free game with DS Lite and Playstation Portable one week recently, though Toy's R Us seems to be the most frequent.

I guess I ought to trade in my original DS already. Haven't used it this year!

bread's done
Back