I was accused of Shoplifting Thread...

DesertEagleXIX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Dedicated to Winona Ryder...

My EB is around the corner from Borders. There's one parking garage for both, so customers frequently take their EB bags into Borders.

Well, I bought Cold Winter and went into Borders looking for cheap war books. I'm followed the whole time by a tall, bespeceled, fat, white guy with completely outdated hair. I make my purchase an see Loss Prevention Idiot One radio to Loss Prevention idiot Two. Real stealth, guys...

They ask for my Receipt six steps away from the register; and I show them. Then they ask what in the EB bag. I tell them, "Games" and LP1 gets pissed. He tells me, "I'd like to see what you stole". WTF?

I am irate but mildly amused, so I show him the contents and then the receipt. The whole time I tell him things like, "So did you catch one?", "I bet you're going to be rent-a-cop of the month now", and "Not this time, sherlock"

He asks me not to shop there again. What a retard!

I've been accused of shoplifting in fucking KMart. I was walking around the game section, and I geuss the people in Detroit are prejudiced against goths or something, and 2 security gaurds tailed me while i was looking at games. I was pissed. I looked right at them and they hid. Then they came up to me and said "what are you doing?" And I replied "I'm looking at games, is their a problem?" They made me empty my pockets, which was stupid, and when they found nothing, they got this stupid look on their faces like, SHIT.

I geuss people really don't like people who dress in all black.

So your not the only one who gets tailed when he goes into book stores hu. Usually I pick up my comics at the local store (half time) but I was in the mall so I figured let me pick them up at walden books, I managed to find my comics (ultimates, ultimate spider man, batman which I needed) and proceed to browse perhaps for something by dave eggars. As Im walking around I notice the guard from the front following me around, for the life of me I cant figure out why so I stop turn and look directly towards him, and in the most retarted manner he turns around as if to see if Im looking at someone behind him and then heads down another isle. I walk towards the front and end up back in the comic section were I see to my astonishment the marvel super heros secret wars paperback (didnt realize they made one), being a big fan of the secret wars I pick up the book planning to purchase it, however as I do the guard comes up from behind me and says are you planning to purchase those today. I walk right by him, drop the books at the register and say to the cashier "now I would have purchased these if this fucker hadnt been following me around like I was a fucking leper this whole time" (or something to that affect, I may have said that I had a diseases instead of leper, mind you this was quite awhile ago) and I proceeded to leave the mall. Later I went to halftime and found all my comics expect for that secret wars book, which I purchased at a later date.

A couple of years back, I was in a Shoe Carnival looking around. Their selection sucked, so I started walking out without buying anything. This tubby, mean-looking bitch at the front of the store scowls at me and asks, "Are those OUR shoes you're wearing?" I look down at my sneakers, which are about a year old and filthy as hell, and reply, "Are you fucking KIDDING me?!?" I haven't shopped there since.

It certainly is annoying to be stereotyped. It can really piss you off to be hassled simply because of the way you look.

sometimes I'm dressed relatively nice if I have an interview or a classy girlfriend, but most of the time I dress in whatever's on the floor when I wake up...there's always a huge difference when I walk into a store. if I have my old ratty hoodie, odd tshirt and ripped jeans, I get watched in about half the stores I go into.

Never been confronted, but when they watch me, I act really sketchy on purpose (like constantly looking up at the person watching me and down again quickly, lots of sudden, fast movements) then I act as over-polite as possible at the register.

do you guys get stopped when you're walking out after you've bought something and the sensors go off? I don't think I ever have and it happens to me all the time. I always look over, and they're like "go ahead" then I immediately think of all the cool shit I could've snagged :lol:

What's funny is I'm generally in the opposite boat. I dress fairly nicely. You know, khakis and polo shirts and all that crap. Then some people are geniunely surprised to learn that I'm not some yuppie, conservative douche bag. Rather, I'm a white trash, liberal douche bag.

Dude you should get that fucker fired for telling you not to shop there again. Who are they to tell you that shit? File a complaint and talk to their higher ups or the store manager. They made a mistake, which is their job to judge what they see as suspicious but asking you not to come back is not their call. Hell, maybe you can get a gift card or something if you write a letter to corporate.

[quote name='help1']I was never accused... for some reason, security gaurds never follow us brown guys.[/QUOTE]

Well it would be pretty hard to pocket stuff with those tight shorts you brown guys wear.

[quote name='rallen']He asks me not to shop there again. What a retard![/QUOTE]

I don't know if it's because you were rude or what, but it it wasn't it's possible you could get the guy fired.

Accusing you of theft - false positives are bound to happen. But asking you not to shop there again? Is that corporate policy?

[quote name='DT778']Well it would be pretty hard to pocket stuff with those tight shorts you brown guys wear.

[/QUOTE]
:) LOL :)

On a further note, me by myself I am not one to be suspicous of, i can pretty much do anything without a clerk being suspicious...However, with my friends, im a target, for random bag searches, attitudes, and ugly russian store clerks

I know a guy who shoplifted a sandwich from a supermarket and got caught. Inexplicably, however, someone from the deli area said he was fine and they let him go. :lol:

It's amusing just how bad and ill trained most "loss prevention" people are. I'm older than most of you and I still get tailed in stores like meijer, borders, and others simply becuase of the way I'm dressed. Granted, sometimes I wouldn't rtust someone dressed like me on a Saturday morning with dirty shorts and a hole filled, paint spattered shirt but that's besides the point.

The point is that following someone around a store waiting for them to steal something, hiding behind an endcap, etc., is the most ridiculous waste of manpower for "loss prevention". The best use would be to have people working the floor, smiling and greeting you as you shopped. A person who knows he's being recognized is much less likely to steal anything. It's the main reason someone always pesters you within 3 seconds of walking into a Gamestop, BB, or EB.

I know the security on sight at most meijers I go to because they're so damned obvious and I'll go up and tell someone when their being tailed. It really pisses them off to have a potential collar taken away from them. I do it becuase I'm opposed to their sneak around philosophy of preventing shoplifting, not becuase I agree with stealing stuff. And believe me, after I tell some kid that security is following him, he ain't going to steal anything!

That would be the worst frigging job in the world.....security guard at Borders......I can see how guys who think they're all tough would take that job. The guy not telling you to come back.....that's when your smartass comments should have really begun. My advice: Start picketing the store. That would be awesome. You could get a megaphone and everything.
"Borders stores are full of whores!!!" etc.

The one time I was watched I was like 11. I was at the grocery store and I went to get a lunch for my field trip the next day. I decided to look at the game magazines while I was at the store. I see this scrawny guy in a trenchcoat peeking at me. I thought it was odd but disreguarded it. Then I saw a demo disk for Jet Fighter 3! So it happened to 'jump' into my pocket. I went about buying my lunch and I was halfway out the door when I felt a hand on my shoulder :wall:.

I spend an hour crying in a back room and I haven't shoplifted since.

[quote name='Kayden']The one time I was watched I was like 11. I was at the grocery store and I went to get a lunch for my field trip the next day. I decided to look at the game magazines while I was at the store. I see this scrawny guy in a trenchcoat peeking at me. I thought it was odd but disreguarded it. Then I saw a demo disk for Jet Fighter 3! So it happened to 'jump' into my pocket. I went about buying my lunch and I was halfway out the door when I felt a hand on my shoulder :wall:.

I spend an hour crying in a back room and I haven't shoplifted since.[/QUOTE]

Pwned!

Never been accused of shoplifting, but I do have a related amusing story.

A week or two ago I went to the post office to mail off some guides I was trading. Had them pre-packaged in a brown padded envelope, and tell the lady (who I've never seen before and I go to this post office all the time) that I want to ship them media mail. She narrows her eyes and asks "What kind of media?". I reply books. She then pokes and bends the package and says "Books that BEND???". I just stare at her, trying to figure out what kind of moron isn't aware of a paperback book. I tell her "Yes, it's a PAPERBACK book." She still looks at me like I'm pulling a 'fast one', but finishes ringing me up.

I *HOPE* she's working there next time I have some guides for trade. I'm going to leave the envelope unsealed until I get there, and show her "Look - BOOKS THAT BEND!!!". :whistle2:o

Target is my sworn enemy. I don't shop there anymore.

I get followed ever time I go into target. I was looking at baseball cards one day I pick up a pack and walk to find my family. I was thinking about buying them the whole time, I decide not to so I laid them down in some aisle. I found my family and were on the way to checkout and I decide to buy the cards. So I go back to the card aisle which is by the registers. There is a target employee right behind me in a 4 foot wide aisle stocking stuff. I am looking to find the box of cards. Some cashier goes John (trying to whisper) John. I turned to him and was like she wants you. "John I think he is stealing cards" Dude turns to me shrugs and walks away. I am thinking stupid bitch. The thing is every pack of cards at target has a little sensor in them. The ones that say you have activated our security system when you walk past the doors.

My sister worked at a target. She says they are crazy with security. She said she would not be finished ringing people up and security would call her on the cashier phone and tell her not to forget some obscure item on the bottom of the cart.

[quote name='argyle']Never been accused of shoplifting, but I do have a related amusing story.

A week or two ago I went to the post office to mail off some guides I was trading. Had them pre-packaged in a brown padded envelope, and tell the lady (who I've never seen before and I go to this post office all the time) that I want to ship them media mail. She narrows her eyes and asks "What kind of media?". I reply books. She then pokes and bends the package and says "Books that BEND???". I just stare at her, trying to figure out what kind of moron isn't aware of a paperback book. I tell her "Yes, it's a PAPERBACK book." She still looks at me like I'm pulling a 'fast one', but finishes ringing me up.

I *HOPE* she's working there next time I have some guides for trade. I'm going to leave the envelope unsealed until I get there, and show her "Look - BOOKS THAT BEND!!!". :whistle2:o[/QUOTE]

most post offices are cracking down on media mail because too many people mail out non media items as media mail.

I would suggest not leaving your bags open because they can try to say that bound magazines would qualify as journals and would not qualify as media mail.

i had that happen to me once when mailing out guides, the clerk said they dont qualify as media so i took them to another PO and told them they were books, instead of magazines and had no problem.

[quote name='argyle']"Look - BOOKS THAT BEND!!!". :whistle2:o[/QUOTE]

I was mailing a small book. I shipped it in a non-padded envelope, so I wrapped one layer of bubble wrap around it. I get there and go I need to ship this media mail. The lady behind the counter goes what is this? It is a book. why is it soft? I explain to her. She hands me a Xerox piece of paper that explains media mail. I ask her for my package back. She looks at me funny, gives it to me. I cut the tape and show her the book. then asked her to re-tape it back so she does. She told me that they was having problems that some lady was mailing perfume media mail.
Right so can I just send out my BOOK thanks.

[quote name='rallen']Dedicated to Winona Ryder...

My EB is around the corner from Borders. There's one parking garage for both, so customers frequently take their EB bags into Borders.

Well, I bought Cold Winter and went into Borders looking for cheap war books. I'm followed the whole time by a tall, bespeceled, fat, white guy with completely outdated hair. I make my purchase an see Loss Prevention Idiot One radio to Loss Prevention idiot Two. Real stealth, guys...

They ask for my Receipt six steps away from the register; and I show them. Then they ask what in the EB bag. I tell them, "Games" and LP1 gets pissed. He tells me, "I'd like to see what you stole". WTF?

I am irate but mildly amused, so I show him the contents and then the receipt. The whole time I tell him things like, "So did you catch one?", "I bet you're going to be rent-a-cop of the month now", and "Not this time, sherlock"

He asks me not to shop there again. What a retard![/QUOTE]

He shouldn't have asked to see what you stole. That is an accusation. He should have just asked to look in the bag.

Your comments may have been a little over the top at that point in the confrontation.

"Don't shop here again." Now you get to be pissy....

"No, you're mistaken, this is the part where you apologize and explain that you were just trying to do your job and ask me to please not let this experience lower my opinion of the store. 'Don't shop here again' is what you tell people who actually were shoplifting, not people whom you falsely accuse of shoplifting."

I used to get watched and pestured sometimes, but usually not a real lot. Though I started dressing a lot nicer a few years ago (lots of dark but nice clothing, hair not spikey, button shirts, not super baggy pants etc.) and no one pays any attention to me, unless to actually talk to me. Hell, I go into places like eb or gamestop and the guys spend half the time in the back room, or sorting through stuff behind the register.

Though when I got with one of my indian friends they always get 50 people trying to "help" them and never leave them alone, but they still don't bother me (even though I'm obviously with them). They never seem to bother me if the kid is vietnamese or chinese or anything.

Though, as for shoplifting, never any real shoplifting. When I go to wild oats I get "free" coffee a lot though, which would technically be shoplifting. Some of those grocery stores you have to pay when you get it, but the local one you pay at checkout, but the people never ring it up unless you tell them (even though I make it obvious that I have it). If they're nice I tell them, if they're not I don't. Out of the times I didn't I think only once they ever charged me. The thing is though, if they didn't have coffee I wouldn't spend as much time in there or buy as much, half the time I just walk around, drink coffee, grab samples and talk on the cell phone while buying stuff I see on the shelves.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']I've been accused of shoplifting in fucking KMart. I was walking around the game section, and I geuss the people in Detroit are prejudiced against goths or something, and 2 security gaurds tailed me while i was looking at games. I was pissed. I looked right at them and they hid. Then they came up to me and said "what are you doing?" And I replied "I'm looking at games, is their a problem?" They made me empty my pockets, which was stupid, and when they found nothing, they got this stupid look on their faces like, SHIT.

I geuss people really don't like people who dress in all black.[/QUOTE]

i know it's true for kmart, but don't do ANYTHING in the store, you have to exit the store before they can search you and most places can only do it if they saw you the entire time, like if you are in blockbuster, if they think you are stealing and they loose sight of you, they can't legally search you or ask you to even stop if the alarm goes off. don't take crap from these punk ass wanna-be 5.0 lil beotches, and don't empty your pockets, be like, did you see me stealing something? really? what? oh nothing? ok good, cuz I am not emptying my pockets.

Also just a lil side note in law enforcement (please see local law enforcment rules, this is in michigan), if you are pulled over and there is no foul play happening you can exit the vehicle and walk away if you want without the cops asking you anything, cuz they didn't pull you over, they pulled the diriver over :) (just for reference)

I really hope this all makes some sort of sense, but then again, what coming out of my mind actually makes sense?

If I get followed I yell "I have a bomb, BACK AWAY!" which is quickly followed by a trip down to the Police Department.*

*Not a true story at all...actually I have thought about saying that but never had.

[quote name='whoknows']If I get followed I yell "I have a bomb, BACK AWAY!" which is quickly followed by a trip down to the Police Department.*

*Not a true story at all...actually I have thought about saying that but never had.[/QUOTE]

I told a muslim looking friend that I wanted to blow up the air port, while in an airport, walking by a middle aged white guy who started staring at us like I was serious. This was probably a few months after 9/11.

I had two friends busted at Best Buy snagging videogames. One brought a bunch of games into the bathrrom and I guess a clerk heard him ripping open a box and knocked on the door asking him to come out, (seriously, I'd just say something like "you don't want to smell what's coming out of me right now). But he opened the door and got busted. The other guy stole movies from Best Buy for 4 years w/o getting caught until the week after my other friend got caught. I'm guessing they were more on the prowl after catching the first guy. Both were banished from Best Buy, but have gone back many times since, (to steal or not, I do not know, my guess is they have).

Another friend tried to stash some books in my bag after school one day, I was at the water fountain or something. I come back and pick up my bag to notice it's like 13 pounds heavier than normal. Even after I took the books out he tried to convince me to put them back in.

That brings me to my last story. After eatting at this fast food joint, me and a couple of friends would always go to this EB Games down the street. We'd walk from section to section, bashing games, talking about what deals there were on others, etc. Then a month or two later this pale/fat bald guy starts working that day and follows us around the little 12x12 store, making it obvious as hell, and tells us when we walk past him to stop talking about the games, either buy something or leave. That guy's the biggest douche ever, and I'm pretty sure he was fired for that dick hasn't been seen in over a month now.

[quote name='Kayden']
I see this scrawny guy in a trenchcoat peeking at me.

I spend an hour crying in a back room and I haven't shoplifted since.[/QUOTE]

Was it this man?

254084.jpg

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I get tailed from time to time, long hair and all. fuckers. :evil:[/QUOTE]

Damn people hating on long haired people.

[quote name='jennie25']i know it's true for kmart, but don't do ANYTHING in the store, you have to exit the store before they can search you and most places can only do it if they saw you the entire time, like if you are in blockbuster, if they think you are stealing and they loose sight of you, they can't legally search you or ask you to even stop if the alarm goes off. don't take crap from these punk ass wanna-be 5.0 lil beotches, and don't empty your pockets, be like, did you see me stealing something? really? what? oh nothing? ok good, cuz I am not emptying my pockets.

Also just a lil side note in law enforcement (please see local law enforcment rules, this is in michigan), if you are pulled over and there is no foul play happening you can exit the vehicle and walk away if you want without the cops asking you anything, cuz they didn't pull you over, they pulled the diriver over :) (just for reference)

I really hope this all makes some sort of sense, but then again, what coming out of my mind actually makes sense?[/QUOTE]

i'm in michigan too, ya know ;) Like, an hour and a half from detroit.

I've stolen from KMart so many times its sick. I stole about $300 worth of games when I was a young'n. I quit doing that though, cause its stupid to steal.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']i'm in michigan too, ya know ;) Like, an hour and a half from detroit.

I've stolen from KMart so many times its sick. I stole about $300 worth of games when I was a young'n. I quit doing that though, cause its stupid to steal.[/QUOTE]

They must have remembered you then! Aha! :)

I got watched when I wore my hoodie into Hastings.. an employee gave me the heads up that they thought I was stealing stuff (the employees there rock ass).. I guess that technically I was, I mean, seriously.. trading in Dead to Rights, Max Payne and PGR for a new copy of any new game.. that's highway robbery.. did I literally steal from them? No. Never.

The only thing i've ever stolen was free.. promotinal Counter-Strike Condition Zero cards.. was told to take them and dump them in the dumpster.. instead, I put them in my coat jacket. Scorch steals things that are free. REBEL! FIGHT THE POWER, BITCHES! CAN'T OPPRESS ME!

I knew this dude a long time ago that would wear a hoodie, ratty jeans, and had his hair dyed green. Cool dude... nice guy... but anyway, he went into the movies one time, and one of the ushers thought that he was trying to sneak into an R rated movie (he was under 17 at the time). So, he slowed down his walk until the usher was about to tap him on the shoulder. Suddenly, he yells out, "LET'S PLAY THE TRUST GAME!" and falls backwards. The usher literally pissed his pants and fell backwards; luckily a moviegoer that was passing by caught my friend. :)

Then, my friend says, "I bought a ticket for this movie" and pointed to the PG-13 door that he was about to enter.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I knew this dude a long time ago that would wear a hoodie, ratty jeans, and had his hair dyed green. Cool dude... nice guy... but anyway, he went into the movies one time, and one of the ushers thought that he was trying to sneak into an R rated movie (he was under 17 at the time). So, he slowed down his walk until the usher was about to tap him on the shoulder. Suddenly, he yells out, "LET'S PLAY THE TRUST GAME!" and falls backwards. The usher literally pissed his pants and fell backwards; luckily a moviegoer that was passing by caught my friend. :)

Then, my friend says, "I bought a ticket for this movie" and pointed to the PG-13 door that he was about to enter.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='alonzomourning23']I told a muslim looking friend that I wanted to blow up the air port, while in an airport, walking by a middle aged white guy who started staring at us like I was serious. This was probably a few months after 9/11.[/QUOTE]

Word of advice: Never joke about bombs in an airport. If airport security hears you, you will get into all sorts of trouble. They take their jobs seriously, and rightly so. It doesn't matter if you are talking to a muslim or an albino.

bread's done
Back