I will discribe a game and you tell me if it exists.

epicelite

CAG Veteran
Large open world with snow covered mountains, sandy dry deserts, thick forests, and deep caverns. You can explore anywhere you want, but if you wanna see whats atop that snowy peek you will need proper equipment.

Want to try to find that hidden village you heard rumors of in the desert? Better bring a lot of food and water with you. Is anyone there even still alive? Oh crap a huge canyon, you can try to go through it if you can find a way down and back up again. Or maybe build a bridge to get across.

Maybe find some people who are willing to travel with you and get a horse and wagon.

Game shouldn't be focus on combat, though it should be there. Fighting some annoying wolf who you can kill in 2 hits is boring and not even worth the time.

Saving should work like in Majoras Mask, you can save anywhere but its one-time use. Though you can reload your save from in a "safe area" as many times as you want.

Maybe you are on a journey to find something or someone, just to give you a goal for when your ready to finish the game.

Morrowind, Oblivion, Minecraft. None of those do it for me. Oblivion was close though still far off.

This game doesn't exist? Does it. :cry:

The only games I can think of that hit that mark were MUDs from back in the day. But chances are you are looking for something with graphics...the only thing I can think of is SecondLife...I forget the island but if you some forum search you will find some nature survival games like that in there.

[quote name='TLPRIME']Oregon Trail.[/QUOTE]

That's a great match. Oregon Trail 4.0 would be the ideal match.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Closest I could say is Unreal World, a survival-based Roguelike. http://www.jmp.fi/~smaarane/urw.html[/QUOTE]

Looks interesting at a quick glance, will take a better look when I have more time.

EDIT: The graphics aren't exactly immursive. :\

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='epicelite']Looks interesting at a quick glance, will take a better look when I have more time.

EDIT: The graphics aren't exactly immursive. :\[/QUOTE]

You're probably have to wait another 10 to 20 years if you are looking for a game with all of those features and 'immursive' graphics.

only one i can think of where you can do all of those things: mountain climb, cross deserts, find distant villages, explore deep caverns, and you wont succeed unless you are full prepared would probably be... 'Earth', you can usually find a copy out your window.

Edit: graphics are decent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mount and Blade might do it for you, pretty heavy emphasis on combat, though if you really didn't want to fight, you have the option not to.

bread's done
Back