I will NEVER shop GAMESTOP again!

wide18receiver

CAG Veteran
I ordered Valkeryia Chronicles for the PS3 on 04/06/09. I checked my email and they sent me a order confirmation and receipt for the purchase. I realized today, May 01, that I have not received the game yet. I check the order status and it says "cancelled." So I gave them a call to see what happened.... first caller said "there is an error in the system, order the item from Barnes and Noble (its sold out there too!)." So I was thinking "thats it, there is an error and I was never informed?? And they wont say Sorry, here is a gift card or something?" So I speak to the supervisor and he tells me "we have the right to refuse sales, sorry." I was saying "refuse my sale?!?! for what??" He says "I can not tell you why, it could be anything... sorry, you will have to shop elsewhere." I explained to him that I am willing to assist in fixing the mistake, I just want to know why it was refused. He continued to say "we have the right to refuse sales, sorry... shop elsewhere." They wont even give me a chance to make things right!! Then I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said he will have to call me.... after I gave him my name and number, he told me "he might call you, I cant promise." I said you arent going to throw the name and number away are you? Can you at least give it to him? He did not reply and said "is there anything else I can help you with??" And then hung up the phone.... I WILL NEVER SHOP GAMESTOP AGAIN :bomb:

I forgot to mention this...
I told them that they lost a customer... and they replied with "we are a huge company... its ok" What kind of company says this?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wide18receiver']I ordered Valkeryia Chronicles for the PS3 on 04/06/09. I checked my email and they sent me a order confirmation and receipt for the purchase. I realized today, May 01, that I have not received the game yet. I check the order status and it says "cancelled." So I gave them a call to see what happened.... first caller said "there is an error in the system, order the item from Barnes and Noble (its sold out there too!)." So I was thinking "thats it, there is an error and I was never informed?? And they wont say Sorry, here is a gift card or something?" So I speak to the supervisor and he tells me "we have the right to refuse sales, sorry." I was saying "refuse my sale?!?! for what??" He says "I can not tell you why, it could be anything... sorry, you will have to shop elsewhere." I explained to him that I am willing to assist in fixing the mistake, I just want to know why it was refused. He continued to say "we have the right to refuse sales, sorry... shop elsewhere." They wont even give me a chance to make things right!! Then I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said he will have to call me.... after I gave him my name and number, he told me "he might call you, I cant promise." I said you arent going to throw the name and number away are you? Can you at least give it to him? He did not reply and said "is there anything else I can help you with??" And then hung up the phone.... I WILL NEVER SHOP GAMESTOP AGAIN :bomb:[/quote]

WTF are you talking about "give you a chance to make it right"? You didn't do anything wrong!....did you?

Protip: Stick with Amazon for online games shopping.

[quote name='Knoxximus']WTF are you talking about "give you a chance to make it right"? You didn't do anything wrong!....did you?

Protip: Stick with Amazon for online games shopping.[/quote]

I KNOW! Thats what I told them many times! I tried everything!

[quote name='Knoxximus']WTF are you talking about "give you a chance to make it right"? You didn't do anything wrong!....did you?[/quote]

That's what I was thinking. He didn't do anything wrong, it's Gamestop that screwed up and won't admit it.

OP, did they refund the money for the order? Have you ordered multiple copies of a game from the website anytime?

Also best thing to do would take your money elsewhere and never look back.

[quote name='wide18receiver']I ordered Valkeryia Chronicles for the PS3 on 04/06/09. I checked my email and they sent me a order confirmation and receipt for the purchase. I realized today, May 01, that I have not received the game yet. I check the order status and it says "cancelled." So I gave them a call to see what happened.... first caller said "there is an error in the system, order the item from Barnes and Noble (its sold out there too!)." So I was thinking "thats it, there is an error and I was never informed?? And they wont say Sorry, here is a gift card or something?" So I speak to the supervisor and he tells me "we have the right to refuse sales, sorry." I was saying "refuse my sale?!?! for what??" He says "I can not tell you why, it could be anything... sorry, you will have to shop elsewhere." I explained to him that I am willing to assist in fixing the mistake, I just want to know why it was refused. He continued to say "we have the right to refuse sales, sorry... shop elsewhere." They wont even give me a chance to make things right!! Then I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said he will have to call me.... after I gave him my name and number, he told me "he might call you, I cant promise." I said you arent going to throw the name and number away are you? Can you at least give it to him? He did not reply and said "is there anything else I can help you with??" And then hung up the phone.... I WILL NEVER SHOP GAMESTOP AGAIN :bomb:[/quote]

FYI that probably wasn't the supervisor. I bet they were just dicking with you.

[quote name='Vinny']We really need a "bitch about GameStop" subforum...[/QUOTE]

indeed so I can avoid the whole forum.

RE: GS ....my brother received a "sealed" copy of God of War PSP for Xmas from my sister who picked it up at GS. He didn't get around to opening it until today (he doesn't play his PSP much) and stuck the game in and found out it was the demo disk in the full game case. I'm pretty sure I can just imagine how that conversation is going to go if he were to take it back in.

[quote name='Stormedtrooper']RE: GS ....my brother received a "sealed" copy of God of War PSP for Xmas from my sister who picked it up at GS. He didn't get around to opening it until today (he doesn't play his PSP much) and stuck the game in and found out it was the demo disk in the full game case. I'm pretty sure I can just imagine how that conversation is going to go if he were to take it back in.[/quote]

Geez...sounds like you might actually be better off buying the "employee used as new" opened games...at least you can SEE what game is in the case when you buy it.

Seriously, if I have to go to Gamestop for something, I'm gonna only buy games that I plan to play immediately, and will then ask for a sealed copy, then open it right in front of them so that if there is a demo in that case, that can't say SHIT.

Yea, my money was sent back.... and I am sure they have the game in the store, but I will never shop there again. They dont care about their customers at all. I will now invest my time and money at Play N Trade!

Use CAG, ebay, amazon, and such instead. I don't remember the last time there was a good deal at GS/EB.

[quote name='Sparta Omni']Use CAG, ebay, amazon, and such instead. I don't remember the last time there was a good deal at GS/EB.[/quote]

Yea, I was never a fan of shopping there. But they had the game for $29.... great deal. Thats the only reason I went there.

I had a similarly strange problem with my Yahoo mail account a few years ago. I had the account for several years with no problems, then one day it wouldn't accept my password. I called Yahoo Tech Support and was told that my email account had been closed "due to a security violation." They wouldn't tell me why it was closed, but asked me if I had left my computer unattended while logged in, or given my password out to any unsavory people. No matter what I tried, they refused to reopen the account or even give me a reason why it had been closed. I didn't mind them closing the email account so much, but it left me unable to log into my Fantasy Baseball teams for the last 2 months of the season. I don't use Yahoo email anymore.

[quote name='pacifickarma']I had a similarly strange problem with my Yahoo mail account a few years ago. I had the account for several years with no problems, then one day it wouldn't accept my password. I called Yahoo Tech Support and was told that my email account had been closed "due to a security violation." They wouldn't tell me why it was closed, but asked me if I had left my computer unattended while logged in, or given my password out to any unsavory people. No matter what I tried, they refused to reopen the account or even give me a reason why it had been closed. I didn't mind them closing the email account so much, but it left me unable to log into my Fantasy Baseball teams for the last 2 months of the season. I don't use Yahoo email anymore.[/quote]

Yea, sounds similar... I dont get it though. I explained that my credit was flawless, I have never had any fraud activity, I have never even have any negative encounters with the law... they didnt care. But in the long run, its their lose. Its just upsetting how a huge company can have such poor customer service and get away with it

I've said the same thing about GS myself about not going back, and you know, I go back from time to time...

What is interesting is how many people who now write for blogs/gaming sites worked at EB/Gamestop/Funcoland...

best thing you can do is get the name of the location of the gamestop you went to and the time and day you called and then call the main gamestop number and complain. last year i had an annoying situation with gamestop and to this day i havent shopped there since. i stuck on it and emailed them regularly to let them know that part of what i ordered hadnt arrived yet over 2 weeks after the first part of my order had. when it comes to this kind of stuff you have to put in the work and complain and more times than not you will get positive results.

you can pretty much expect that they tossed your name and number out so go above them. i wonder though if someone might have cancelled your order so they could get the game.

I think this story is embellished to make GS to look like a horrible company and of course people here will believe it because they like to think GS is the worst company in the World...

.......unless they are giving away giftcards then EVERYONE loves Gamestop again!

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I think this story is embellished to make GS to look like a horrible company and of course people here will believe it because they like to think GS is the worst company in the World...

.......unless they are giving away giftcards then EVERYONE loves Gamestop again![/quote]

Well, I now have a personal reason to hate GS and join the hate group. I never had a reason until now... thank GS!

If you ordered VC around when the game Days Sale started (which I assume you did as it was only $29.99 and in stock for a very short time then) keep in mind that there was a coupon glitch that many CAGs tried to use to get $5 off all the games. It was only supposed to work on certain games (or over $50 ones or something) but applied to everything even VC and even stuff that was $9.99 or less. They did a massive cancellation of all of those orders, though a few CAGs got lucky and had some stuff ship.

If you didn't use that coupon (and you haven't said one way or the other about that) then you might just have been caught up in it by mistake. However, they DID give everyone (or so I thought) who had orders cancelled a $10 coupon to use on a future order. I just used mine on a sealed copy of Dark Spire so I can now take my "Gamestop new" (meaning gutted) preorder copy back to the rat bastards that sold it to me (preorders should NOT be gutted or else why the hell would I preorder?).

But this whole "we reserve the right to refuse orders" and your insistence on telling them about your credit and such makes me think something else is going on here.

it is inevitable..... as much as you say you won't shop there anymore you'll be coming back sooner or later. I hate gamestop as much as you do but they sometimes have exclusive things like the MGS4 LE that will have you shopping there again. I really despise selling on Ebay but i keep selling on there.

[quote name='io']If you ordered VC around when the game Days Sale started (which I assume you did as it was only $29.99 and in stock for a very short time then) keep in mind that there was a coupon glitch that many CAGs tried to use to get $5 off all the games. It was only supposed to work on certain games (or over $50 ones or something) but applied to everything even VC and even stuff that was $9.99 or less. They did a massive cancellation of all of those orders, though a few CAGs got lucky and had some stuff ship.

If you didn't use that coupon (and you haven't said one way or the other about that) then you might just have been caught up in it by mistake. However, they DID give everyone (or so I thought) who had orders cancelled a $10 coupon to use on a future order. I just used mine on a sealed copy of Dark Spire so I can now take my "Gamestop new" (meaning gutted) preorder copy back to the rat bastards that sold it to me (preorders should NOT be gutted or else why the hell would I preorder?).

But this whole "we reserve the right to refuse orders" and your insistence on telling them about your credit and such makes me think something else is going on here.[/quote]

Yeah same thing happened to me i used 50ff60 glitch and they canceled but ended up giving me a 10 buck coupon. I used the coupon with my SF4 TE Stick that i ordered a couple of days ago and use free shipping to get the stick for 149.79 shipped (what a deal).

I think op either has more than one gamestop account and ordered multiple copies or did something else fishy. Ill be honest with you gamestop sucks but companies are always covering their back and your not telling us something thats why they banned you.

[quote name='s2k']Yeah same thing happened to me i used 50ff60 glitch and they canceled but ended up giving me a 10 buck coupon. I used the coupon with my SF4 TE Stick that i ordered a couple of days ago and use free shipping to get the stick for 149.79 shipped (what a deal).

I think op either has more than one gamestop account and ordered multiple copies or did something else fishy. Ill be honest with you gamestop sucks but companies are always covering their back and your not telling us something thats why they banned you.[/quote]

I wish there was something I actually did, but I can honestly say there isnt. I rarely shop at GS in general, I havent traded anything in a couple of years, and I do not have multiple accounts... I thought of these things and I can not think of one thing. I havent even been to the store and yelled at an employee or had an arguement. I also only order one copy and did NOT use the coupon that u guys were talking about. This is why I am frustrated...

[quote name='Sparta Omni']Stopped shopping there about 2 years ago.[/quote]

Same here.. I don't miss that place.

Gamestop hasn't particularly screwed me over, but I do hate how often their employees lack knowledge about games, but speak with a certainty that implies they know all there is to know.nMore often than not that isn't a big deal, but it really bugs me when they're telling me a game isn't out for a certain system when I know perfectly well that it is.

I've probably spent $30 at GS in the last 2 years. I won't say I'll never shop there but it is my absolute last option. My motivation is the nonsense of selling opened games as new.

[quote name='wide18receiver']I forgot to mention this...
I told them that they lost a customer... and they replied with "we are a huge company... its ok" What kind of company says this?!?![/QUOTE]

Everyday I wish I could say that where I work :p

who really goes to GS for customer service, lol. not sure why youre preordering stuff from GS online anyways. i hate GS online.

I sort of laugh when I read this, since it seems very likely what happened here.

At some point, the computer refused this sale. Either it glitched, or they ran out of copies, and wanted to keep a certain delivery percentage at gamestop.com, who knows. For whatever reason, they canceled it.

The supervisor is stuck. He has no idea what happened, and probably doesn't have the time nor inclinaton to find out (or he knows exactly what happened, but can't explain it to you since gamestop will look bad).

Simple fact, gamestop has the right to refuse sales for any non-illegal reason. They used it on you. Your only recourse will be next time, to order elsewhere.

OP I think you're taking it way too personal. Would you feel frustrated or slighted if you ordered onion rings at Wendys only to find out they ran out? Gamestop is hiring the same type of minimum wage worker, so unfortunately you can expect about the same level of service.

Wendy's? Nah nah... dog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pyW6w5B7Aw

whee.gif

Saying your not gonna shop there again doesn't really matter to them. They pretty much took over any video game business. I say shop on Amazon or local game stores.

[quote name='camoor']OP I think you're taking it way too personal. Would you feel frustrated or slighted if you ordered onion rings at Wendys only to find out they ran out? Gamestop is hiring the same type of minimum wage worker, so unfortunately you can expect about the same level of service.[/quote]

I don't think his problem was not getting the game as much as it was the way he was treated and dismissed. Granted, we're only hearing one side of the story but considering all the other GS horror stories that have gone around I'm inclined to believe him.

Gamestop... the company you guys love to hate. If you dont like them don't shop there. WHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOO CCCCCCCAAAAAAARRRRREEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!

I had the same thing happen to me with Valkyria Chronicles. I ordered online when it showed "back-ordered" thinking that it would ship when they got more copies. A couple weeks later I checked the status and noticed my order was cancelled.

They never contacted me to let me know the order was cancelled. When I sent them an email asking wtf they would cancel an order without any notification they just told me the order could not be fulfilled so they cancelled.

That type of business is unacceptable in my opinion.

[quote name='washed']Gamestop... the company you guys love to hate. If you dont like them don't shop there. WHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOO CCCCCCCAAAAAAARRRRREEEEESSSSSSS!!!!![/quote]

Clearly, plenty of people care. I'll tell you what they don't care about...ridiculous posts by trolls.

Check this out. I stopped to get a live points card using a gift cert and saw they had Dark Sector new for $9.99. I asked for that along with the card and they sold me a SEALED copy. I was and am still in shock.

[quote name='TC']Check this out. I stopped to get a live points card using a gift cert and saw they had Dark Sector new for $9.99. I asked for that along with the card and they sold me a SEALED copy. I was and am still in shock.[/quote]

Well... it is only Dark Sector, they were probably glad to be stuck with one less copy of that crap.

bread's done
Back