I will NEVER shop GAMESTOP again!

[quote name='neocisco']Clearly, plenty of people care. I'll tell you what they don't care about...ridiculous posts by trolls.[/quote]

We need more posts like these.

Oh yeah, and just to be cool, I hate GameStop too.

I tried to buy a couple games from them online last december and they were giving me a lotta run around with similar results. My order was cancelled and i never received a real explanation. But they went outta their way to avoid the sale, i rarely do business with gamestop, but probably wont ever try online again for anything with them...

[quote name='FroMann']Saying your not gonna shop there again doesn't really matter to them. They pretty much took over any video game business. I say shop on Amazon or local game stores.[/quote]

At one point in time AOL was the Internet business and look where they are now....

I say that the same thing could happen to Gamestop after a number of years..

You'll be back there once they have another game on sale, or a B2G1, or some 35% off coupon. Gamestop sucks but so does every other store.

[quote name='Blackout']You'll be back there once they have another game on sale, or a B2G1, or some 35% off coupon. Gamestop sucks but so does every other store.[/quote]
There really isn't a reason to shop there except for when they have their sales anyways.

[quote name='theloserboy']There really isn't a reason to shop there except for when they have their sales anyways.[/quote]

Well for me that's pretty much every single store when it comes to video games. The only places that seems to have consistent deals is Blockbuster, Gamestop, and Amazon. Every other store sucks and is too YMMV.

Gamestop sucks, but the OP has a terrible reasoning not to go back. Ive had companies cancel my stuff before many times. IE: Capcom fiasco with TE sticks.

So they cancelled your order, move on. Gamestop has more worse things to bitch about.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Gamestop sucks, but the OP has a terrible reasoning not to go back. Ive had companies cancel my stuff before many times. IE: Capcom fiasco with TE sticks.

So they cancelled your order, move on. Gamestop has more worse things to bitch about.[/QUOTE]
I guess reading comprehension isn't one of your strong points? Try again.

[quote name='Sparta Omni']Use CAG, ebay, amazon, and such instead. I don't remember the last time there was a good deal at GS/EB.[/QUOTE]

Umm, that would be yesterday when I picked up The World Ends With You for $18 used. Or a few weeks ago when I picked up Henry Hatsworth. Or, ...well, you get the point--they have deals.

[quote name='keithp']Umm, that would be yesterday when I picked up The World Ends With You for $18 used. Or a few weeks ago when I picked up Henry Hatsworth. Or, ...well, you get the point--they have deals.[/quote]
You call that a deal? :lol:

[quote name='Blackout']Well for me that's pretty much every single store when it comes to video games. The only places that seems to have consistent deals is Blockbuster, Gamestop, and Amazon. Every other store sucks and is too YMMV.[/quote]

No disagreement here, although I can't even remember the last time I bought something in gs. and i just bought 3 or 4 games from amazon this week.

I just got hired on as a manager for MovieStop which is owned by GameStop. I get a 15% discount and I plan on abusing the shit out of it.

[quote name='wide18receiver']waa waa waa[/QUOTE]
You never mention what you consider "fixing" the "mistake". I do not see a mistake. The corporation placed your order on back order then canceled it. I think if there is no stock available for a long time it is OK to cancel a order rather than keep your money. What solutions did you suggest other than just complaining? At least Gamestop offered you something.

[quote name='wide18receiver']
I told them that they lost a customer... and they replied with "we are a huge company... its ok" What kind of company says this?!?![/QUOTE]
I kinda doubt this.

[quote name='punkrawk']You never mention what you consider "fixing" the "mistake". I do not see a mistake. The corporation placed your order on back order then canceled it. I think if there is no stock available for a long time it is OK to cancel a order rather than keep your money. What solutions did you suggest other than just complaining? At least Gamestop offered you something.[/quote]

Okay did you and I read the same thing or are you just a tool that sees what he wants to see? He never said the product was placed on back order. He said it was canceled and Gamestop never once bothered to contact him to let him know. And what is it that you think they offered him? I mean besides lame responses and poor customer service.

[quote name='punkrawk']I kinda doubt this.[/quote]

If you really think the people who work at Gamestop WOULDN'T have said something like that, then you are about as naive as you sound.

[quote name='n10zguy']Okay did you and I read the same thing or are you just a tool that sees what he wants to see? He never said the product was placed on back order. He said it was canceled and Gamestop never once bothered to contact him to let him know. And what is it that you think they offered him? I mean besides lame responses and poor customer service.

If you really think the people who work at Gamestop WOULDN'T have said something like that, then you are about as naive as you sound.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. What is that guys problem?

[quote name='wide18receiver']I forgot to mention this...
I told them that they lost a customer... and they replied with "we are a huge company... its ok" What kind of company says this?!?![/QUOTE]

Welcome to corporate America. Companies can afford to lose customers, you should have been shopping elsewhere in the first place.

[quote name='Tardcore']I just got hired on as a manager for MovieStop which is owned by GameStop. I get a 15% discount and I plan on abusing the shit out of it.[/quote]

Let us know when you get fired you dumbass idiot!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='washed']Let us know when you get fired you dumbass idot![/quote]
Says the guy who spells "idiot" wrong. :applause:

[quote name='n10zguy']Okay did you and I read the same thing or are you just a tool that sees what he wants to see? He never said the product was placed on back order. He said it was canceled and Gamestop never once bothered to contact him to let him know.[/QUOTE]

You are right. I made an assumption about the back order then cancellation status. From the experiences I have had with GameStop and Amazon if I have had a order that was on back order for too long it is canceled. wide18receiver made it look like they did not check up on the order for almost a month so it could have been placed on back order then canceled.

[quote name='n10zguy']
If you really think the people who work at Gamestop WOULDN'T have said something like that, then you are about as naive as you sound.[/QUOTE]

Knowing the users on CAG and the typical complaining I tend to take opinions and stories with a grain of salt. Too many people embellishing the truth. With so many people recording poor customer service calls (Dell & Verizon) and posting them online you would think the corporate offices would want to keep this sort of thing under control.

It seems a bit pre-mature to joing forces with wide18receiver without any proof. It is really too bad if wide18receiver had to deal with someone like this. If it is true and wide18receiver has sufficient evidence he should submit a formal report to the BBB.

https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/G...e=113&id=46a6a9cd-5402-454e-9476-e4df22e6f371

wide18receiver ,
I hope it all works out for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use to work at Gamestop, worked their for 2 years. I never really had a problem with me or any of my co-workers being douchebags, but there were other stores who were full of ignorant pricks/bitches.

As for the right to refuse sales, that's kind of dumb especially if you had done nothing. I wish I had the right to just straight out refuse sales to people, that would be rewarding, but only if they had done something to piss me off. >.>

I would firebomb the store IMO

Constantly call and ask for Battletoads

Poop everyday on the doorstep

Key the supervisors car

Threaten with violence until your demands are met

bread's done
Back