I won a Game Boy Advance SP for $5.00!!

JokerCard

CAGiversary!
I went into a billiards hall with my friends waiting for a game at the table and they had this arcade type machine with the prizes. You know, the one that you need to get certain numbers and it goes either up or down the and if you reach the top you win.

Well, I stuck in 3 dollars and got out with a GB. Then I tried to see if I could get anything else and put in another $2.00 but nothing.

Walked away with the GB for $5.00

Made my day :D

That's awesome. There's a Tilt Arcade in the Puente Hill's mall in SoCal that has a machine where you stick $1 and it lets you hit stop on the spinning needle and then the needle will mechanically move and if its in the right position it'll eject whatever prizes that is hanging. They also got GBASP as all as the 512MB iPod Shuffle. We didn't win :(

aw man u got real lucky.

those things only give out prizes like 1/1000 times or something...

probably each prize varies, like the gameboy would be harder than the keychain

[quote name='SOSTrooper']That's awesome. There's a Tilt Arcade in the Puente Hill's mall in SoCal that has a machine where you stick $1 and it lets you hit stop on the spinning needle and then the needle will mechanically move and if its in the right position it'll eject whatever prizes that is hanging. They also got GBASP as all as the 512MB iPod Shuffle. We didn't win :([/quote]

I hate that machine there! Lol, I could only get up to 4 :(.

Well, They had some prizes for me to choose when I won.

There was a sony baby blue CD player, an XM radio (looked old), a pelican wireless Xbox controller (had scratches!), a bluetooth headset (motorola), the game boy advace SP, and a 5 pack of DVDs consisting of Honey, The Punisher, There's something about Mary, Runaway Bride, and Daredevil Drector's cut.

Obviously I chose the Gameboy.

The machine was this sort of lighthouse game where you had to reach the top where it said WIN. It went from level one to five and if you get any numbers past that you win. There are certain numbers on the spinner such as minus which drops you back and then regular #'s which increase your level. I was lucky and got a 5 on my second to third try!

Worse part is, my friend wasted almost 10 bucks trying to get something!

I am very happy as this is the one with the brighter screen and it shows!
Much improvement over the old SP screen

[quote name='Magehart']I hate that machine there! Lol, I could only get up to 4 :(.[/quote]
I got up to 5 once. Damn, I wasted like, 14 bucks this one time trying to get an iPod shuffle (no GBA, you see).

Man I was in las vegas with one of those machines and then this one girl just like didnt even look at that spinner thingy and won a gba sp. She won one earlier also I shouldve offered to buy it off of her for 10$, but at the time I forgot and was just shocked. :whistle2:#

You can actually win at those damn things?!

I spent maybe 5-10 dollars on one in Vegas and I found that whenever I got to 5, I could NEVER get past it to the final one and win. I ALWAYS landed on a "minus" number when I was on 5, so I thought that the machine was rigged so that it was impossible to land on a positive number if you're on 5.

[quote name='TM2 Rampage']You can actually win at those damn things?!

I spent maybe 5-10 dollars on one in Vegas and I found that whenever I got to 5, I could NEVER get past it to the final one and win. I ALWAYS landed on a "minus" number when I was on 5, so I thought that the machine was rigged so that it was impossible to land on a positive number if you're on 5.[/QUOTE]

congrats OP.

I have only played once or twice, but that was basically my experience as well. The crane games frustrate me more...some people seem to be good at them, but the prize usually falls from the claw before making it to the chute in my experience. They are all scams, sort of like slot machines are to adults.

[quote name='JokerCard']I went into a billiards hall with my friends waiting for a game at the table and they had this arcade type machine with the prizes. You know, the one that you need to get certain numbers and it goes either up or down the and if you reach the top you win.

Well, I stuck in 3 dollars and got out with a GB. Then I tried to see if I could get anything else and put in another $2.00 but nothing.

Walked away with the GB for $5.00

Made my day :D[/QUOTE]

I spent that much to get a retro SP KEYCHAIN from a novelty machine in Japan.

I used to be the shit at the claw machine when I was little. I could win anything from any claw machine. Now I pay for that by losing my money every time. Good deal though OP.

There is a machine at Universal CityWalk in a shop called Sparky's. It is similar to the one you guys are talking about but you have to stop a number of fast moving blocks in a row to get either a Major or Minor Prize. The Major prizes include PSP, NDS, and an iPod Nano. The minor ones are just keychains. I've never seen anyone win at it, but it is a very tempting gamble...

bread's done
Back