I wonder who's the genius at GS who wanted stickers on the inserts?

Kuros

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I wanna meet the genius who thought of that idea and shove my foot up his ass.

Seriously? What was wrong with having a sticker on the outside of the case?

They fall off or people try to swap them? Boo hoo, print more out and get smarter employees.

I passed up on Zone of the Enders because it had 3 stickers on the insert. Other than that, it was in great condition.

Seriously. Its like they had a meeting where the goal was to be bigger douches. Its the only explanation.

They can often be removed without doing damage to the insert, but its definitely something I'm watching for when I make purchases.

I wish we'd all just stop shopping there...it's a monopoly (yes, I know it's not TECHNICALLY a monopoly)...sales and service was at least tolerable when EB and Gamestop were competing....those were the days....

Oh God, Kuros, do I hear you.

Just another step for Gamestop to go above and beyond in their douchebaggery.

BTW, I just went into one for the Game Deal Days sales, and all of the "New" Game Deal days games were MOTHER EFFING OPEN.

Not a single sealed copy of Monster Hunter Freedom, Dementium, or any PSP, PS2, DS, X360, Wii, or PS3 game on the list. Every single copy, gutted, with the case and manual thrown in a bin after 2 Game Deal Days 50% stickers were applied (on top of the "NEW" sticker with the original price).

They have 5 or 6 such copies of Odin Sphere, the bastards.

[quote name='rapsodist']Pretty soon they'll be taking Sharpies and writing "gamestop wuz here" on the bottom of discs.[/quote]

Dude, don't give them ideas.

When I worked there (victim of circumstances but I have since repented) the district manager did encourage labels on the side of the case but never on the sleeves themselves. I guess corporate changed rules since I left. I recall one instance in which a guy came in to another store (about a mile from mine) and went off on a whole tirade because some newbie jackass put one on the sleeve and threatened a civil case bacuse they were selling "damaged goods." Hence our DM not wanting labels on sleeves.That'd be a good idea btw: just march in the next time you buy a game with the label on the sleeve and demand a proper one for their stuidity. WIth enough people doing it they'll probably stop the practice.

[quote name='karkyco']Oh God, Kuros, do I hear you.

Just another step for Gamestop to go above and beyond in their douchebaggery.

BTW, I just went into one for the Game Deal Days sales, and all of the "New" Game Deal days games were MOTHER EFFING OPEN.

Not a single sealed copy of Monster Hunter Freedom, Dementium, or any PSP, PS2, DS, X360, Wii, or PS3 game on the list. Every single copy, gutted, with the case and manual thrown in a bin after 2 Game Deal Days 50% stickers were applied (on top of the "NEW" sticker with the original price).

They have 5 or 6 such copies of Odin Sphere, the bastards.[/quote]

Um, not to be an idiot, but they hav sealed copys of all the games behind the register, those are all promo cases, for once EB does a good thing and you get upset...at leat my EB has promo cases.

but ya, whoever decided to put the labels on the inserts was a douche.

I wish Movie Gallery could get out of Debt and start alot of standalone Game Crazy's to take on EB, I hear that EB is opening a store in my town just because MG is bringing in a Game Zone. P.S. My town has less than 10,000 residents. We have a Mom and Pop store that used to be cool, but the owner hired some slutty chicks to run it and people are sick of them.

[quote name='rapsodist']Pretty soon they'll be taking Sharpies and writing "gamestop wuz here" on the bottom of discs.[/quote]

dude seriously i busted out laughing when i read that. i was thinking it was ridiculous but then i figured they are like a year away from writing gamestop directly on the discs

I had to peel of 3 stickers lately one on the back of the UPC, front and side, it's just annoying if your trying to make a quick flip

[quote name='Sinnbox']Um, not to be an idiot, but they hav sealed copys of all the games behind the register, those are all promo cases, for once EB does a good thing and you get upset...at leat my EB has promo cases.

but ya, whoever decided to put the labels on the inserts was a douche.

I wish Movie Gallery could get out of Debt and start alot of standalone Game Crazy's to take on EB, I hear that EB is opening a store in my town just because MG is bringing in a Game Zone. P.S. My town has less than 10,000 residents. We have a Mom and Pop store that used to be cool, but the owner hired some slutty chicks to run it and people are sick of them.[/quote]

I asked for sealed copies, 3 times in fact.

ME: "Do you have sealed copies of these games?"

DUDE: "No, only those with the cases on display."

ME: "Are you serious? Why would you gut all of the copies?!?"

DUDE: "Well, we want to advertise the sale to everyone."

ME: "So you gutted every copy, in come cases 20+ copies of each game? There isn't a singe sealed copy in the store? Because tampering with an original, factory sealed product by actually OPENING IT and TAKING THE GAME OUT would no longer constitute a "new" product by the legal definition."

DUDE: "Sorry, those are the only copies we have. Uhhh, Are you a lawyer?"

I know what you mean, but I had a worse experience from eBay where the tOOl neglected to mention there was a hole drilled through the case where the UPC code was. Thanks... :roll:

[quote name='VipFREAK']I know what you mean, but I had a worse experience from eBay where the tOOl neglected to mention there was a hole drilled through the case where the UPC code was. Thanks... :roll:[/quote]

Thats what Sony does to mark their given away copies to people.

[quote name='ninja dog']The ones I go to put the sticker still attached to the label in between the case and insert.[/quote]

One of the two I used to visit (before discovering sweet, sweet Goozex) used to do this as well. Just further proof that even the most draconian business can be made tolerable by decent employees.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I know what you mean, but I had a worse experience from eBay where the tOOl neglected to mention there was a hole drilled through the case where the UPC code was. Thanks... :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, especially when you've paid a lot of money for a game, now I have to pay extra to track down a replacement cover because you didn't think a big hole in the case was worth mentioning. Thanks alot.

[quote name='karkyco']ME: "So you gutted every copy, in come cases 20+ copies of each game? There isn't a singe sealed copy in the store?[/quote]
Oh yeah, I've seen it. A few years ago they had Pikmin 2 on sale. Every location I visited had 6-10 open cases on the shelf. Every single copy had been gutted.

I left empty-handed...

I honestly do not understand the big gripe over this. As a consumer I could care less. I understand they gut the game days games because of theft which makes perfect sense.

And to be honest, is the feeling of taking off the plastic that euphoric. To me they already did the hard work for me. And keep in mind EB did the exact same thing and NO ONE bitched about it. Funny how times have changed.

[quote name='THoward7382']I honestly do not understand the big gripe over this. As a consumer I could care less. I understand they gut the game days games because of theft which makes perfect sense.

And to be honest, is the feeling of taking off the plastic that euphoric. To me they already did the hard work for me. And keep in mind EB did the exact same thing and NO ONE bitched about it. Funny how times have changed.[/quote]

It's not just the plastic. These "new" games are often played or damaged while being put away. I recently nearly bought a "new" copy of Chaos Wars, but happened to check the disc before paying. It had a ton of small scratches, as if it had been used it as a hockey puck behind the counter.

The point is, they don't need to open every copy. They only need 1 for display.

Back in the PS1/Saturn days, EBGames put a big "P" on all the preowned discs to differentiate them from the new ones. Who knows, they may go back to that....?!?

At my GS, the stickers aren't actually applied, they're just set in there while still on the sticker-paper stuff. That's why I love my GS, no stickers on the case, all I need to do is open the case and they fall out.

[quote name='karkyco']I asked for sealed copies, 3 times in fact.

ME: "So you gutted every copy, in come cases 20+ copies of each game? There isn't a singe sealed copy in the store? Because tampering with an original, factory sealed product by actually OPENING IT and TAKING THE GAME OUT would no longer constitute a "new" product by the legal definition."

DUDE: "Sorry, those are the only copies we have. Uhhh, Are you a lawyer?"[/quote]

Are you serious dude...

You wanna know what happen last year when we didn't gut the copies for the gamedays sale! Half of the freaking sale was STOLEN!!!!!!!

[quote name='Hybrid5006']Are you serious dude...

You wanna know what happen last year when we didn't gut the copies for the gamedays sale! Half of the freaking sale was STOLEN!!!!!!![/quote]

Why not gut 1, throw it in the bin and when somebody brings it up to the counter, give them the sealed copy from behind the counter? I don't see what the big problem is here.

DUDE: "Sorry, those are the only copies we have. Uhhh, Are you a lawyer?"[/quote]

I think you're over-glorifying yourself.

I'm sure it went like:

"Any sealed copies of this? I'm a bit of a pretentious flashy collector. Would look better on my shelf if you didn't already touch it lol fingerprints and stuff"

GS:"Sorry, sir, we opened all to display for the sell"

" =( me go shop online with coupons, bye...."

None of these anti-GS rants are ever cool, or factual.
Maybe I'm lucky, everyone at my store is polite and cool, and they appreciate all the regulars.
I always get multiple copies of faceplates and other preoder bonuses if no one else peordered em. Our stores employees are selfless and dont stock up on them for themselves.

Making fun of GS/EB is just making fun of the city you live in; bear In mind theres not only one mastermind that hires all employees 'round the world.
D-bags are born in your city, not born into GS

[quote name='Hybrid5006']Are you serious dude...

You wanna know what happen last year when we didn't gut the copies for the gamedays sale! Half of the freaking sale was STOLEN!!!!!!![/quote]

This is why you gut 1-2 copies and leave the rest sealed in the case or drawer behind the counter. It's really NOT that hard of a concept, but Gamestop is run by a bunch of fuckin' penny pinchers.

I mean, even Toys R Us has live product or display cases on the floor many times. It's NOT that hard to invest in some security measures for your stores to prevent theft. But, it'd be even cheaper to just get the dvd cases in bulk and print up covers for the games.

Hell, I'm sure with the sheer volume of cases Gamestop would need, they could certainly get a discount and only pay maybe a fraction of a cent per dvd case.

Oh, my bad, the store here has selaed copies behind the counter.

punkmaggitQuote:
Originally Posted by Sinnbox
but the owner hired some slutty chicks to run it and people are sick of them.

Wait, what?

This is not slutty in a good way, they are like 14 and wear basicly nothing, most guys don't feel safe going in there by themselves.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This is why you gut 1-2 copies and leave the rest sealed in the case or drawer behind the counter. It's really NOT that hard of a concept, but Gamestop is run by a bunch of fuckin' penny pinchers.

I mean, even Toys R Us has live product or display cases on the floor many times. It's NOT that hard to invest in some security measures for your stores to prevent theft. But, it'd be even cheaper to just get the dvd cases in bulk and print up covers for the games.

Hell, I'm sure with the sheer volume of cases Gamestop would need, they could certainly get a discount and only pay maybe a fraction of a cent per dvd case.[/quote]

All they would have to do is send 2-5 case inserts with each shipment of games and the employees would simply have to replace the inserts on the diplay cases they take down.

I don't mind GS gutting one game and then keeping the rest sealed, but I went to Gs once, and bought a copy of future tactics that was gutted, I asked for a sealed copy and they said they were out, I was in EB the next day and I saw another "NEW" Copy of the game on the shelf, I took it up and asked why I hadent gotten a sealed copy the day before and the manager looked at the other employee and told him off for givng me teh gutted copy. It was great to see that that manager was cool

P.S. the game was only $4.99 and it sucked....I ended up flipping it to another store for $12 cash!! Muhaha!!

[quote name='Sinnbox']

This is not slutty in a good way, they are like 14 and wear basicly nothing, most guys don't feel safe going in there by themselves.[/quote]
Sounds like my kinda game store ;)

If they've been on for a while, they really ruin it. But I've gotten lucky here and there with stickers that have only been on for a week or so. But the month+ really just go downhill from there.

[quote name='Sinnbox']
This is not slutty in a good way, they are like 14 and wear basicly nothing, most guys don't feel safe going in there by themselves.[/quote]

So they're afraid that Chris Hansen is going to pop out of the backroom and say 'have a seat over there'.

The only thing that makes sense for them putting the stickers on the insert is so those hgames stay in their retail cycle, which crap but we knew that about them.

[quote name='jacknicklson']The only thing that makes sense for them putting the stickers on the insert is so those hgames stay in their retail cycle, which crap but we knew that about them.[/quote]
:whistle2:s Que?

Anyone else remember when GS was slapping stickers on the damn instruction booklets?

I used to work at a GS myself btw.

Anyway, it's not hard to do one sticker on the outside spine, and one on the upper right hand corner of the front case.

Simple.

i love GS stupidity though...last year i bought Armored Core : the Last Raven from the GS gameday sale for $15. then i returned it when the sale was over (since i knew id probably never play it) and they gave me $32 back :D

and yes i remember when they used to put the stickers on the manuels...my GunValkyire still gots it :(

[quote name='refusedchaos']i love GS stupidity though...last year i bought Armored Core : the Last Raven from the GS gameday sale for $15. then i returned it when the sale was over (since i knew id probably never play it) and they gave me $32 back :D

and yes i remember when they used to put the stickers on the manuels...my GunValkyire still gots it :([/quote]

I had a couple like that, especially used games. I remember the one time I returned a game I bought used like 2-3 days after I got it. They gave me back twice what I paid. I was like 'KA CHING windfall for me'.

That's one thing that gets me, is that Gamestop employees have to scan the receipt, then they scan the game, if there's no used barcode on there, they end up scanning the regular barcode from the game.

[quote name='refusedchaos']i love GS stupidity though...last year i bought Armored Core : the Last Raven from the GS gameday sale for $15. then i returned it when the sale was over (since i knew id probably never play it) and they gave me $32 back :D

and yes i remember when they used to put the stickers on the manuels...my GunValkyire still gots it :([/quote]

So you support being a dishonest consumer?

[quote name='THoward7382']So you support being a dishonest consumer?[/QUOTE]

now now now, dont go being GS police...i didnt know that he did that untill later that evening when i was cleaning out my wallet.

This past summer I bought a used PSP and some games in New Hampshire (no sales tax) and returned them at a GS in Massachusetts (5% sales tax). I told them right away when the total rang up an additional $10, but the guy said there was no way to not refund tax.

[quote name='THoward7382']So you support being a dishonest consumer?[/quote]
I didn't know returning a game = being dishonest.

There's no way he could return it without a receipt. The clerk was the one at fault for not checking the actual cost of payment made for the game on the receipt.

Now, if he had taken it to Wal*Mart (if it was sealed) and said he wanted to return it, THAT would be dishonest.

[quote name='Kuros']I wanna meet the genius who thought of that idea and shove my foot up his ass.

Seriously? What was wrong with having a sticker on the outside of the case?

They fall off or people try to swap them? Boo hoo, print more out and get smarter employees.

I passed up on Zone of the Enders because it had 3 stickers on the insert. Other than that, it was in great condition.[/quote]

Same thing happend to my open copy of zone of the enders 2nd runner

Blockbuster gets separate display art for games we sell.

and yes, i think my local one keep the sticker on the wax and puts it in between the insert and case.

bread's done
Back