I wrote a list of fun but cheap Wii games

Ghost Squad
House of the Dead 2 & 3
Resident Evil 4
Pinball, I forget the name but there is only one
Mercury Meltdown

Those are the ones I can think. Hey Beebles make sure to send Cheapy a dollar for everyone that goes to your site.

[quote name='Corvin']First post and promoting your own site. Awesome! :roll:[/quote]

Is that so wrong? I think the list is cool, thanks Beebles!

I just got Elebits, and so far it's fun. I got it from goozex, but on ebay it's going for around $10 - $15.

It's not MY site. It is just the site I wrote the list on.

I figured these boards would appreciate it more than anybody, plus I always wanted to join these boards so I thought making a list of cheap games was a good way to start ;)

thanks for the tips though, elibits is a good one for the list, i totally forgot about that when researching.

It's a pretty solid list. If you're going off MSRP you couldn't include Excite Truck, but it's old enough that you can find it cheap sometimes and I have probably found it to provide the most lasting fun of all my Wii games. Elebits is a close second - I still play it regularly.

Actually, you probably should add the Williams Pinball Collection to this list. I don't know of anyone that hasn't liked it and it is dirt cheap ($11 at Costco, $20 at Target).

[quote name='beebles']omg i need this pinball game now >_>

i looked it up and i have this craving now[/quote]
EVERYONE needs this pinball game. Seriously. I rave about it every chance I get and have given it as a gift to every single person I know with a Wii. I hate real pinball, but the funny thing is is that the main appeal of the game is that it's wildly faithful to the pinball experience. You just don't lose $.50 every two minutes like in real pinball.

If you are a hardcore action gamer, then definitely avoid this game.
fuck you. EVERYONE should play Endless Ocean. It is a great game and is so innovative and a breath of fresh air it is the only Wii game I've played that deserves a 10/10.

I'm also looking for ideas. Mercury Meltdown Revolution looks like a decent game, but on PS2 is Mercury Meltdown Remix for $10 cheaper. I LOOOVE Super Monkey Ball which seems to have a similar concept...

Without House of the Dead 2 + 3 Returns and Ghost Squad, that list fails.
(But thank you for putting Zack & Wiki on there)

[quote name='Doomed']fuck you. EVERYONE should play Endless Ocean. It is a great game and is so innovative and a breath of fresh air it is the only Wii game I've played that deserves a 10/10.

I'm also looking for ideas. Mercury Meltdown Revolution looks like a decent game, but on PS2 is Mercury Meltdown Remix for $10 cheaper. I LOOOVE Super Monkey Ball which seems to have a similar concept...[/quote]
I can't believe I missed someone badmouthing Endless Ocean. I completely agree that this is one of the most refreshing games ever made. It's right behind Okami for me on my (very short) list of games that succeeds in evoking an emotional reaction of some kind.

Mercury Meltdown is good, but frustrating, and intentionally so. I want to kill some of the puzzles, but I eventually get them. The control is spot-on and intuitive, which I think would make it worth way more than the PS2 version. Of course, I'm terrible with analog controls...

[quote name='lilboo']Without House of the Dead 2 + 3 Returns and Ghost Squad, that list fails.
(But thank you for putting Zack & Wiki on there)[/quote]
I can't believe I forgot about those. Ghost Squad is SO good. Between lilboo and I we are going to make your list so long it will be pointless. I'm now going to step up and back Link's Crossbow Training. It's not really a "game", but it's fun alone or with multiple players, it's cheap AND you get a white accessory, which makes it all even better.

[quote name='mephitical']I can't believe I forgot about those. Ghost Squad is SO good. Between lilboo and I we are going to make your list so long it will be pointless. I'm now going to step up and back Link's Crossbow Training. It's not really a "game", but it's fun alone or with multiple players, it's cheap AND you get a white accessory, which makes it all even better.[/QUOTE]

Ghost Squad and HotD 2+3 are def the best $30 games for the Wii (MSRP, since they can be found for $10-$20)

Link's Crossbow Training IS a good game. I haven't played it in a while, but :shrug:, I had a blast.

Also, Sonic & The Secret Rings was surprisingly good. It's def a $30 or less type of game these days.

The Godfather Blackhand edition needs to be on that list. It has some of the best Wii controls of any Wii game, Nintendo or otherwise, it's a huge open world game set during the first Godfather movie and it's only $30. The only low point are the PS2 level graphics.

Link's Crossbow Training should also be on the list. It's only $20 with the Wii Zapper. It isn't a very long game, but if you like trying to get the highest score possible it's easily worth the $20.

I agree on The Godfather and Sonic as well. I bet if I combed my collection there are even more we are forgetting about. There really are quite a few relatively cheap games for the Wii that can offer a LOT of fun. I even back Petz Catz 2, but I acknowledge that that's clearly not for everyone.

So I am about to put up a new list of rare and valuable ds games. some will be over 100 bucks sealed and some you may even own will be over 60 used! you may not guess them all right away

[quote name='beebles']So I am about to put up a new list of rare and valuable ds games. some will be over 100 bucks sealed and some you may even own will be over 60 used! you may not guess them all right away[/quote]
I love that kind of stuff - I've had a few nice surprises with DS games where I hadn't played for a year and then found out it was worth enough to sell and more than pay for a brand new Wii game.

I cant' wait to see that rare DS list. I've neglected my DS for way too long and want to learn some more info on the great games I've missed. Thanks!

[quote name='mephitical']I can't believe I missed someone badmouthing Endless Ocean. I completely agree that this is one of the most refreshing games ever made. It's right behind Okami for me on my (very short) list of games that succeeds in evoking an emotional reaction of some kind..[/QUOTE]

I was so hyped for this game and so disappointed when I finally played it. I am so-not a graphics whore but the game is so terrible looking it ruined the experience for me.

[quote name='Corvin']I was so hyped for this game and so disappointed when I finally played it. I am so-not a graphics whore but the game is so terrible looking it ruined the experience for me.[/quote]

O RLY? Srsly? For realsies? I didn't think the underwater portion looked that bad. Above water there were jaggies everywhere, but that didn't ruin the experience for me. Jaggies remind me of the early 8-bit era. :D

[quote name='Corvin']I was so hyped for this game and so disappointed when I finally played it. I am so-not a graphics whore but the game is so terrible looking it ruined the experience for me.[/quote]
Yeah, this makes me think you have something set up incorrectly, as I've never heard this complaint before. I thought the game was beautiful underwater and I even made a pretty strong case for the clunky above-water graphics in the Endless Ocean thread.

[quote name='beebles']alright here is is

http://www.gameolosophy.com/Games/Five-Rare-and-Valuable-Nintendo-DS-Games.138935

I also own things like club nintendo games, but i decided to keep it to american games.

I'll post this on the ds board too i guess

own any?[/quote]
I just sold my Clubhouse Games, and my wife will never let us get rid of the Monopoly/Boggle, etc. and I never want to get rid of my Elektroplankton. Boggle on the DS is the most brilliant invention ever.

I notice you left Tetris DS off the list (another one I can't bring myself to sell).

yeah, hehe

as i've been saying to people, if i was going to add another to the list it'd be warioware and tetris!

Nice list though I would not consider Okami a budget title at this point in its life (it's still at $39.99 almost everywhere).

I just finished a list of cheap (but fun of course) ds games. I will be posting it on the ds board tomorrow....some might not be so obvious ;)

[quote name='lilboo']Without House of the Dead 2 + 3 Returns and Ghost Squad, that list fails.
(But thank you for putting Zack & Wiki on there)[/quote]

I bought a used copy of house of the dead and wow that sucked. I should have just dragged my dreamcast out and played the exact same game.

What a great thread (even if the OP is pimping his own site). THIS is what being a CAG is all about: fun and cheap games. Bravo, everyone. I'm actually inspired to pick some of these up now -- namely Endless Ocean and that Pinball collection.

[quote name='lilboo']Ghost Squad and HotD 2+3 are def the best $30 games for the Wii (MSRP, since they can be found for $10-$20)

Link's Crossbow Training IS a good game. I haven't played it in a while, but :shrug:, I had a blast.

Also, Sonic & The Secret Rings was surprisingly good. It's def a $30 or less type of game these days.[/QUOTE]

does Ghost Squad have the same replay value as HotD 2/3? if so, I'll be dying to get ghost squad since I played HotD2/3 alot. Is umbrella any good as well?

bread's done
Back