I wrote a list of valuable ds games you might own

Izuna is catching up to Etrian Odyssey pretty quick.

Tetris DS is a huge one.

Also, Digimon World DS (Not Dawn or Dusk)

Hotel Dusk is also starting to creep up there. Sitting at $30/$50 split or so right now.

Wario Ware Touched is a bit uncommon, sitting at $25/$50

i have been watching ebay for ages seeing what the end bids are, plus average amazon and half.com prices and a couple other sites. you wont find them on sites that don't sell things used. I also havn't seen them in any store around town, therefore making them rarer than the rest of the games at the stores. I've also asked people from other cities....some have seen them, but most havn't

If you have studied ebay this whole year then feel free to argue with me :p

[quote name='beebles']i have been watching ebay for ages seeing what the end bids are, plus average amazon and half.com prices and a couple other sites. you wont find them on sites that don't sell things used. I also havn't seen them in any store around town, therefore making them rarer than the rest of the games at the stores. I've also asked people from other cities....some have seen them, but most havn't

If you have studied ebay this whole year then feel free to argue with me :p[/QUOTE]

I just asked a question and made a comment, I wasn't denying their value... no need to get testy about it.;)

Anyway, Half and Amazon explain why the prices seem a bit high. They're usually a bit higher than eBay so I guess that evens things about.

Good list, BTW. I always figured that the DS had more valuable games than that but I guess not.

Wow, I had no idea about clubhouse games being rare. I have a sealed one sitting on my shelf that I've just never gotten around to opening. Lucky me!

I also own Electroplankton (no cover art! damn!)... Tetris DS and WarioWare Touched... the latter two I bought simply because they're such fantastic games. Who knew I had such a killer collection of ds games?

How about The World ends with You?

I have checked almost every game store in my area and have not seen it since launch.

Thats Best Buy, Circuit City, Toys R Us, Walmart, Gamestop, and Game Crazy.

sorry if I sounded testy, all is good :)

oh and about TWEWY.... i think it is just sold out because it is so poplar at the moment, I dont want to say it'll be rare yet.

but maybe you're right

The same thing that TWEWY is experiencing FFIII experienced.

Just wait.

It's already in stock at Amazon, Gamestop, and in all of my local Gamestops.

As for the article, I've been toying with the idea of selling my Clubhouse Games and Electroplankton for a while now, but I'm somewhat worried they'll spike if I do.

I'll probably just sit on 'em for a while longer.

If you count European releases, you should include Tingle's Ruppeland. (There is actually a German package version and an English package version, although both games play in English. I got the German one by mistake so it is still sealed since I want the English box for my son to read.)

I'm surprised Tetris didn't make the cut.

I do own EO and I'm actually trying to sell it for cheaper than what you have listed, but nobody seems to want it here lol. Your sealed price seems really high for it, but your used price is fairly accurate based on what I've been watching the past few weeks. Maybe I should just stop worrying about getting scammed and take it to ebay.

I don't hunt for rare games anymore, but I get lucky and find Monopoly/Boggle etc. all the time at pawn shops and other places. :) very unsuspecting game, so stores always have it cheap.

Thanks for reminding me about LOL. I'd been meaning to pick that up as it sounds pretty cool (to play, though if it goes up in value, all the better.)

EDIT: just placed an order for a copy of LOL. Note that shipping is free (at least it was to me) so total was exactly $19.99.

[quote name='laaj']Where's DS browser?[/QUOTE]

Well... it's not really a game so maybe that's why it was excluded?

yeah lol is very barebones. they could have done a lot more with it

but it does have single pack at least.

[quote name='beebles']yeah lol is very barebones. they could have done a lot more with it

but it does have single pack at least.[/quote]

it's also called lol. That's worse than naming the game "wtf"

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Izuna is catching up to Etrian Odyssey pretty quick.

Tetris DS is a huge one.

Also, Digimon World DS (Not Dawn or Dusk)

Hotel Dusk is also starting to creep up there. Sitting at $30/$50 split or so right now.

Wario Ware Touched is a bit uncommon, sitting at $25/$50[/quote]

Just started playing Hotel Dusk late last night for about 20 minutes. I'm definately digging it so far. The animation kinda reminds me of that AH-HA video for their song Take On Me.

[quote name='beebles']http://www.gamertell.com/gaming/comment/ds-games-that-will-cost-a-kidney-in-10-years/

here is a list someone else made.....they included japanese games....but they missed a bunch :/[/QUOTE]

lol this is one of the worst list i ever saw. Jump! Ultimate Stars - a popular japanese game will not be rare. And using the they "stopped making it" or "out of print" as a reason is stupid because tons of games are out of produciton

yeah, if i was going to include japanese ones then i'd include some club nintendo games or something

oh btw guys...if you liked this list then please click the "i like it" button at the end of the article, just so I know how many liked it

Out of that list...all I got is a mint complete copy of Electroplankton. I also have Tetris DS and a sealed copy of Advance Wars (1st one on DS) which also seems to get a good amount of $$$ last I checked.

Tetris DS? It's at pretty much every store around here for $35, which is way too high, especially after reading the reviews of the game.

[quote name='Zing']Tetris DS? It's at pretty much every store around here for $35, which is way too high, especially after reading the reviews of the game.[/quote]

Well i finally bought one from aa trader on gametz, i've never seen one in a store around here, and if i did see one now, i'd go and buy it with the 30% if it was at gamestop.

I'm going to call shenanigans on LOL -- too gimmicky and limited to justify paying more than a few bucks for it -- and the Monopoly compilation, as I just saw stacks of them in the "value software" section at Best Buy yesterday, untouched, and on the rack at TRU.

That said, that list is useful. I'm considering getting a DS Lite for my mom for Christmas, and games like Tetris DS and Clubhouse Games would be what I'd get her to go with it, so maybe I should start trying to hunt them down now.

Of the ones we were discussing, I have mint copies of

- Clubhouse Games
- Electroplankton
- Hotel Dusk
- Tetris DS
- Warioware Touched

Games I own that I would add to the "rare and good" list:

- Kirby Canvas Curse
- Lunar Knights
- Meteos

Maybe this list is like those spam emails you get that talk up some obscure stock, hoping that a surge of demand drives their price up. NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY!!!

I think I've got most rare DS titles, with a few of them sealed... the only one I'm missing is that Monopoly 4-in1 pack. And that Digimon World game, or whatever.

Maybe a bit off topic, but does anyone know where I can get a list (preferably with pictures) of all DS games released in the US? There's one on Nintendo.com but it's incomplete.

i see at least one or two copies of SBK at every gamestop/ebgames i visit.

a sealed one, on the other hand, may be a little difficult to find.

[quote name='Tybee'] and the Monopoly compilation, as I just saw stacks of them in the "value software" section at Best Buy yesterday, untouched, and on the rack at TRU.
[/quote]

You have to be *real* careful, though, since there's actually a few different 'compilation' carts that LOOK like that game and are plentiful... but they AREN'T the expensive one.

I guarantee that whatever you saw at at Best Buy wasn't the one listed.

EDIT - Just browing GS.com for about 30 seconds and turned up these 3:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=65282

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=65641

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=62385

While they still aren't the cheapest things in the world, they still go for less than the Monopoly one.

Club House games....I think my local K-Mart has them. I have Etrian Odyssey but I still see those at my local Gamecrazy. I have never seen LOL though...

Personally I think that a lot of the Atlus games, I don't think have high print runs: "Deep Labyrinth", "Etrian Odyssey", "Izuna", "Draglade", "Ontamarama", "Luminous Arc", "Rondo of Swords", "Puyo Pop Fever", "Touch Detective", "Touch Detective 2 1/2" and even the recently released "Summon Knight: Twin Age", a lot of these games, not sure if they were released in retail stores. Maybe TRU and game stores or online but not Target or Wal-Marts right?

Arg why you have to go and make this thread?! Now all the prices will go up and it'll make it even harder for me to snatch Hotel Dusk (new) for under $30 :cry:

:lol:

bread's done
Back