I wrote my name on all my DVD's, are they worthless?

Zerostatic

CAGiversary!
Hey, I have about 150 DVD's that I was thinking about getting rid of. The only problem is that I wrote my name on all my DVD's with a sharpie.

If you ask why would I do such a thing. Well, when I was living with my parents, my house was kind of like a madhouse (I have a big hispanic family) and my cousins would borrow my movies and would forget to bring them back and if too much time passed they'd forget that it was borrowed in the first place. So I wrote my name on all my DVD's as a constant reminder of who they belonged to.

Obviously the value has taken a hit, but if will I be able to get any kind of noticeable profit for them (i.e. $150 dollars or so) so I can start building my Blu-ray collection (and this time, I won't write my name on the Discs!)

[quote name='JolietJake']Regular rubbing alcohol won't hurt them, i use it to clean discs all the time. Acetone will literally dissolve the plastic, I've seen it happen. Any sort of harsh chemical is probably a no no. The dry erase marker trick works too, I've seen it used to remove permanent marker from a TV screen.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, i've used rubbing alcohol on a hundred dvds easy with no effect on the disc.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']That's fucking crazy. Not to mention probably a little difficult for a normal consumer to get a hold of likely due to the fact that they'd die.[/quote]

That's the joke.

[quote name='ff7scloud']Just don't damage the top of the disc. Top scratches are worse than bottom scratches. If you try to rub your name off end up removing some of the paint, and even get a little scratch on the top disc under the paint will more than likely have some kind of problems with the disc.[/quote]

I agree, you might have to sell at a cheaper price, but i would leave the name on

bread's done
Back