IBM invents human brain on computer chip

keithp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Link to story

"What I hold in my hand as I speak," Modha told CNET by phone Wednesday, "is our first cognitive computing core that combines computing in the form of neurons, memory in the form of synapses, and communications in the form of axons...[and] in working silicon, and not PowerPoint."

Fascinating.

I, for one, welcome our new computer overlords.

[quote name='draven1089']Old news. Scientist mapped a "brain" to computers chips a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's dated August 17, 2011. :cool:

This is real, WORKING silicon-

Each contains 256 neurons, while one has 262,144 programmable synapses, and the other has 65,536 learning synapses, IBM said. For now, the company has used the chips to demonstrate basic applications such as pattern recognition, machine vision, classification, navigation, and associative memory.

I agree, Skynet could be closer than we think....where's the guy from the future to kill off the research team?...

they were trying to save us from CERN a few months ago...remember when they had all those odd problems right before starting it up for the first time? They tried and quick, we are now f'd in the a.

Its the future.
We are very quickly building a black hole which the computers will use as a fuel source.
I blame the Swiss.

[quote name='mykevermin']Skynet my ass.

This technology is going straight into making sex robots.[/QUOTE]

gods be praised
I'll take the Penny Drake model please.

[quote name='mykevermin']Skynet my ass.

This technology is going straight into making sex robots.[/QUOTE]

I hope so. I completely lose my boner when my current robots says something that would fail the Turing test.

[quote name='mykevermin']This technology is going straight into making sex robots.[/QUOTE]

Please be true. Please be true. Please be true.

[quote name='Javery']Please be true. Please be true. Please be true.[/QUOTE]

26.jpg

Seriously Javery wants some Joe?

[quote name='mykevermin']Nah, he's just excited to get to take his arcade machine-building skills to the next level.[/QUOTE]

Man, the coin door would be a great place to hide a robotic fleshlight.

bread's done
Back