ICO 3 First Picture Revealed.

PyroGamer

Banned
This thread was originally started by InuFaye, not me. I came in and the thread had 0 posts. SO I said:

[quote name='PyroGamer']Dear Lord. I'm caught in some sort of black-hole rift in the space-time continuum.[/quote]

Anyways...

[quote name='InuFaye']Sorry guys when cag went down, it fucked up my thread.

2216015455_8736830a83_o.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blueshinra']Here's a link to the pic[/QUOTE]

I hope this is more like SOTC than Ico. The combat ruined Ico for me....

But anyway, doing something as creative and straight-up cool as SOTC on the PS3 would be awesome.

It's amazing how you can tell just by looking at that pic that they're using the Unreal engine.

All games look exactly the same these days. Even when they do cell-shading stuff with it you can still spot the Unreal Engine in everything.

I dont think sony or team ico would use UE3.

Considering it sucks for everything thats not made by unreal.

I can't wait, but that's sort of an odd first shot. It's kind of depressing. The first two games were sun-drenched, and I hope they don't lose that obsession with light this time through.

I'm not trying to actually infer anything from one little teaser shot... but it's just so dark.

thats.. um... gggreeeaattt... looks like a screen shot from uncharted. id like to get more info.. im sure all the blogs in the coming days would be like "zOMG TIz ICO DUDz!

Ico2=Wanda and the colossus

Its team ICO, probably one of the most talented deveolpers ever.

It deserves any and all hype.

It *looks* like Unreal but I hope to God it isn't. Team Ico is a great developer and I'm sure they can make an awesome engine for this game.

Co-op? I'm having flashes of trying to drag Yorda up to the top of a lumbering colossus. Y'know, I don't think she could take a fall like Wander.

But yeah, I hope this new entry has the same sunbaked look. I would love to see that realized in next/this-gen.

Everyone yaks about MGS, and Final Fantasy, but games like this, and Disgaea 3 are the games that will force me to get a ps3.

[quote name='Matt Young']That and everything else I have ever read, while stating that the 2 games share the same developer, have never claimed any connection between the 2, or that SOTC was a sequel to Ico.[/quote]

You didn't read the entire article, then. There's a section titled "Connections to Ico"

"Shadow of the Colossus is considered both a spiritual successor[31] and prequel to Ico.[4] For several months during and after the game's release, the game's director and lead designer, Fumito Ueda, maintained that the game's status as a prequel was simply his personal take on the game and not necessarily its canon nature, as he largely intended for players to decide the specifics of the story for themselves. However, during an interview in March 2006, Ueda revealed that a specific connection between the two games exists: the world featured in the two is the same, with Shadow of the Colossus taking place at an unspecified time before Ico. He revealed that Wander sires the line of horned boys of which Ico's protagonist is a descendant.[5] Moreover, the shadowy figures which appear in the Shrine of Worship are connected to the shadows which the player must fight in Ico.[21] Both games use unique fictional languages as well."

[quote name='phawsis']You didn't read the entire article, then. There's a section titled "Connections to Ico"

"Shadow of the Colossus is considered both a spiritual successor[31] and prequel to Ico.[4] For several months during and after the game's release, the game's director and lead designer, Fumito Ueda, maintained that the game's status as a prequel was simply his personal take on the game and not necessarily its canon nature, as he largely intended for players to decide the specifics of the story for themselves. However, during an interview in March 2006, Ueda revealed that a specific connection between the two games exists: the world featured in the two is the same, with Shadow of the Colossus taking place at an unspecified time before Ico. He revealed that Wander sires the line of horned boys of which Ico's protagonist is a descendant.[5] Moreover, the shadowy figures which appear in the Shrine of Worship are connected to the shadows which the player must fight in Ico.[21] Both games use unique fictional languages as well."[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Thought it was kind of obvious with the horned baby...

[quote name='apokalipze2']Am I missing something? All I see is a chain:whistle2:s[/quote]

lol thats what i was thinking too. i expected to see more maybe a character or 2 or a monster or something. the pic as is could be from any number of games.

the only judgment im passing is i will buy whatever game that dev makes and if i dont have the console its on, i will buy one.
ive been playing games since my dad brought home the 2600 and Ico was one of the very finest experiences ive ever had. SOLD

[quote name='Matt Young']Oh. I've never played either game.[/quote]

Well then why were you acting like you knew what you were talking about?

[quote name='Vegan']Well then why were you acting like you knew what you were talking about?[/QUOTE]

I said that I had never heard of any connection. I know a lot about many games I have never played. There's a wealth of information on the internet. One doesn't have to have played a game to be knowledgeable about it. It just turns out that I was misinformed this time.

I might have to go back to SotC. I've tried playing it twice. My real issue for it is that, it's a great game, but it's pretty much 10 odd boss fights. Really, boss fights are something I usually suffer through in a game, but are not a hilight to me, especially if I don't get past them in a try or 2. So, even loving ICO and loving the world, haven't played much of SotC.

If this is closer to Ico, it could get me to buy a PS3 eventually.

[quote name='lordxixor101']I might have to go back to SotC. I've tried playing it twice. My real issue for it is that, it's a great game, but it's pretty much 10 odd boss fights. Really, boss fights are something I usually suffer through in a game, but are not a hilight to me, especially if I don't get past them in a try or 2. So, even loving ICO and loving the world, haven't played much of SotC.

If this is closer to Ico, it could get me to buy a PS3 eventually.[/quote]

I might start a thread on this - I thought it was just me.

I'm not much of a "boss fight" guy myself.

I remember after playing PoP, I was reading the reviews and time after time ppl bemoaned the missing boss fights. I hadn't even noticed.

sweet! i hope this game lives up to its heritage. ICO is an all time favorite and SotC was pretty awesome too. oh high expectations for this one :)

[quote name='DarkNessBear']People pass judgement on a game, when it just shows a picture of a chain?[/quote]Worst. Chain. Ever.

i don't really mind that they just released a picture of a chain. underwhelming? yes. but i think it was more to deliver the message "hey, we are working on something. get stoked, mother fuckers." that's how i imagine they talk, at least.

[quote name='InuFaye']Ico2=Wanda and the colossus

Its team ICO, probably one of the most talented deveolpers ever.

It deserves any and all hype.[/quote]So talented, they can't get a game to run at a consistant frame rate! Oh, but they sure are artsy!

bread's done
Back