ICO for PS2 (OOS again) at GS.com for $34.99

[quote name='hellokoopa']Out of stock!! That was quick...[/QUOTE]

lol..I must have been one of the last ones. As soon as i ordered it it stated :eek:ut of stock when I went back.

If you're just wanting the game theres one on Ebay (160362690084) $39.99 buy it now price.

There is one in stock in a store just a block away from me, but I don't feel like spending $30. If someone really wants it, I could pick it up and trade it to you.

That seems high. I bought it from a bargin bin at Nebraska Furnature Mart for $15 back when it was semi-new (maybe 2-3 months old) :p I still consider that a hell of a deal.

It occurs to me I should actually beat the game sometime :p

I bought one last spring, the case was horrible but it had a great disc, manual, and box art label. So I just had my friend from Gamestop steal a PS2 case from the game Cars and I threw away the box art from that and replaced it with ICO. I also got it for 20, didn't realize they upped the price.

I've got a couple new older PS2 games I've had in my wish list at GameStop for some time now. Is there any way to be alerted/emailed when these become available. I've tried looking for such a feature to no avail.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Crimsonscyes']I don't know why people are willing to spend so much money on this game when the price will probably drop back down to $10-20 eventually.[/QUOTE]

True, but after all it is up to *wanting it now*

yeah they jacked up the price due to the hype around the last guardian. I picked it up for 20 bucks last year. mint disc, crappy case and no manual

I'm willing to bet that prior to the release of Last Guardian, they will re-release Ico & SotC on Blu-ray with updated graphics & trophies.

The GoW re-release is selling so well at pre-release, I can't imagine why they wouldn't do it for Ico & SotC, especially since, compared to GoW series, not a lot of people bought either title. If they experience the genius of Team Ico I bet they would want to buy Last Guardian.

[quote name='Hardware']Damn! I have the original, never knew it was worth something.[/QUOTE]

The prices for a NEW copy on Amazon is Crazy. Between 100-130 dollars.

[quote name='MrEKO73']The prices for a NEW copy on Amazon is Crazy. Between 100-130 dollars.[/QUOTE]

Lately, I have been noticing several amazon 3rd party merchants listing a lot of semi-rare games at insane prices. Some are not even rare, but just out of print. I would go mostly by ebay sold prices, which are slightly less, but those are probably also influenced by what people see on amazon. Stupid fake hype demand...

I actually have a new, sealed one that I never got around to opening and probably won't now.

When Last Guardian comes out, hopefully they'll release remastered versions of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, like they are with God of War 1 and 2. Makes me wish I had bought the used copy of Ico for $15 when I had the chance. At the end of the day though, I'm such a graphics whore that I probably wouldn't play it anyways. There's so many good games out on the new consoles that I never find the time to play the old-gen ones.

Wow 29.99 for it? I bought it for 14 dollars a few months ago at GS. Came complete and all. Never really played it longer than an hour though, it's mostly there for collection purposes.

Does ICO and SOTC share characters? I'm only assuming Last Guardian is like the 3rd story in the series. Yes I'm clueless. I own ICO and never played it. Bought it used at Toy Works probably 5 years ago for $7.

I have one brand new, sealed. My wife wants to sell it but I never played the game. Was hoping to get around it some day but I keep buying cheap games so I never have the time...

[quote name='Hardware']Does ICO and SOTC share characters? I'm only assuming Last Guardian is like the 3rd story in the series. Yes I'm clueless. I own ICO and never played it. Bought it used at Toy Works probably 5 years ago for $7.[/QUOTE]

it doesn't share characters, at least not explicitly. You'd have to accept arguments from outside the source material to connect a character.

It doesn't take long to beat, and is good, but not $100 good. If it is a type of game and gameplay style you enjoy though, there are few better uses of your time.

I was going to check some of the nearby stores this weekend to find this, as I it had been on my "I would like to play through that someday" list for years- Loved Shadow of the Colossus.

Then by sheer luck, I was browsing through spun.com's "just in" section to burn up some credit I had there and found a used copy for $11.98. They are pretty picky on trade ins, so I expect it will be in great condition. I'm one happy CAG at the moment.

[quote name='BABETOOTH']I have one brand new, sealed. My wife wants to sell it but I never played the game. Was hoping to get around it some day but I keep buying cheap games so I never have the time...[/QUOTE]

You can sell a SEALED COPY for like 100 to 120 bucks at least. DON'T OPEN IT!

Sell that copy and buy an opened copy!

BTW two weeks ago I found a copy for 29.99. Great Shape full package. The Park Ave Gamestop in Denver has a Disc and Case copy (no manual). I almost bought it anyways but meh

Man, I really want to play through this game again. I know I still own it, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. It's completely odd because I lost Shadow of the Colossus, Ace Combat 5 and the Belkan Wars a few months back, of which I purchased again.

Anyways, this game is worth it for those that still are unsure about the game and are able to pick it up.

I bought this at Game Crazy about 9 months ago for 10 or 12 bucks (before b2 g1 free), disc-only, but I was still happy. I don't know if that price has held, but you guys may want to give them a shot.

[quote name='acsguitar']You can sell a SEALED COPY for like 100 to 120 bucks at least. DON'T OPEN IT!

Sell that copy and buy an opened copy!

BTW two weeks ago I found a copy for 29.99. Great Shape full package. The Park Ave Gamestop in Denver has a Disc and Case copy (no manual). I almost bought it anyways but meh[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a great idea. Thanks! Hope I can find one...

This must be some kind of glitch on the GameStop website. I've been to three of the local stores that they list as having a used copy in stock now, and at each one the employee that I've talked to has told me that he hasn't seen a copy of it there for months or longer. I don't know at this point if it's worth trying any more stores or not.

Not even sure how badly I even want this game -- I'm only looking for it because a friend of mine listed it specifically as one of the reasons that I should get a PS2. But it's annoying that it's apparently so rare if it's really that good. He failed to mention that it would be so hard to get.

Edit: Decided to try one more GameStop today. This one actually did have the game recently, but apparently an employee bought it several days ago. So much for the "In stock as of 8AM EST" on their website (where it still lists that store -- and all of the others that I went to -- as having it now). I really don't know why I even bother with GameStop anymore, 90% of the time that I try to buy anything from them I end up coming out disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='acsguitar']You can sell a SEALED COPY for like 100 to 120 bucks at least. DON'T OPEN IT![/QUOTE]

Well, or you can list it for sale online for that price, anyway -- whether anyone actually buys it for that or not is another question entirely. When I see incredibly high prices like that listed on games, CDs, etc. on Amazon or wherever, I often wonder how much of that is reality, and how much of it is wishful thinking on the part of the sellers. The going prices for completed auctions on eBay doesn't seem to be anywhere near as high as the Amazon seller prices for this title.

Ouch 30 bucks? guess I lucked out over the summer when i found a store near me that had a copy in stock that was like new for 20 bucks, untouched cover and manual.

[quote name='arcane93']This must be some kind of glitch on the GameStop website. I've been to three of the local stores that they list as having a used copy in stock now, and at each one the employee that I've talked to has told me that he hasn't seen a copy of it there for months or longer. I don't know at this point if it's worth trying any more stores or not.

Not even sure how badly I even want this game -- I'm only looking for it because a friend of mine listed it specifically as one of the reasons that I should get a PS2. But it's annoying that it's apparently so rare if it's really that good. He failed to mention that it would be so hard to get.

Edit: Decided to try one more GameStop today. This one actually did have the game recently, but apparently an employee bought it several days ago. So much for the "In stock as of 8AM EST" on their website (where it still lists that store -- and all of the others that I went to -- as having it now). I really don't know why I even bother with GameStop anymore, 90% of the time that I try to buy anything from them I end up coming out disappointed.[/QUOTE]

Well, there's always the chance that he put it in the "hold drawer" several days ago but didn't actually purchase it yet.

[quote name='Josef']Well, there's always the chance that he put it in the "hold drawer" several days ago but didn't actually purchase it yet.[/QUOTE]

Well, like I said, three other stores that were listed as having it in stock (and that are, btw, still listed as having it) hadn't actually had it for quite a long time. So yeah, it may have been in the hold drawer at that one store, but the GameStop website is still apparently broken regardless.

[quote name='Muthafodder']I've got a couple new older PS2 games I've had in my wish list at GameStop for some time now. Is there any way to be alerted/emailed when these become available. I've tried looking for such a feature to no avail.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to quote myself in hopes someone knows the answer to this question. :fingerscrossed:

Haha, happened to be near another store that was on the list last night, so figured I'd stop in for the hell of it. This one actually did have the game, and the cover and manual were in good condition, so I went to the counter hoping that I'd gotten lucky. Asked to see the disc -- it was scratched all to hell. Of course. And if that wasn't enough, the disc was purple. Now, I'm not saying it's not possible for there to be a legitimate PS2 game with a purple disc, but I've never seen one (is this one supposed to be that way?). So I'm assuming that this was a bootleg copy on a DVD-R. Gotta love GameStop!

[quote name='arcane93']Haha, happened to be near another store that was on the list last night, so figured I'd stop in for the hell of it. This one actually did have the game, and the cover and manual were in good condition, so I went to the counter hoping that I'd gotten lucky. Asked to see the disc -- it was scratched all to hell. Of course. And if that wasn't enough, the disc was purple. Now, I'm not saying it's not possible for there to be a legitimate PS2 game with a purple disc, but I've never seen one (is this one supposed to be that way?). So I'm assuming that this was a bootleg copy on a DVD-R. Gotta love GameStop![/QUOTE]

Bluish/Purple (CD-rom) is the type of disc they used in the early life of PS2 games BEFORE they switched to DVD format, so yes it is legit, and a good note, I picked up ICO in perfect/complete condition for only $12.99 last week at a local mom and pop shop

I hate these kinds of posts. People have done this crap with games like Valkyrie Profile and Marvel vs Capcom 2. "Wow, look its there... Wow, its not there now, lol."

Could we stop this crap with individual games? If anything, maybe a general rare used game thread watch should be done instead.

Ordered with EDGE, CAG16, and Saver and the total came out to be $24.51! I'm hoping for a complete package, but even disc-only's go for around $30 anyways so I'll be getting my money's worth!

[quote name='flount']I hate these kinds of posts. People have done this crap with games like Valkyrie Profile and Marvel vs Capcom 2. "Wow, look its there... Wow, its not there now, lol."

Could we stop this crap with individual games? If anything, maybe a general rare used game thread watch should be done instead.[/QUOTE]

everything is in the title. if you don't like this one, then don't read it. easy solution.

bread's done
Back