If George W Bush did these things...

AdultLink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Taken from an email:

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how he inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia , would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

If George W. Bush had mis-spelled the word "advice" would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as proof of what a dunce he is?

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?

If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11?

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans , would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

If George W. Bush had created the position 32 or moreCzars who report directly to him, bypassing the House and Senate on much of what is happening in America , would you have approved.

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

If George W Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had spent more than all the Presidents combined since George Washington, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had miss pronounced Corpsman 3 times is the same speech (pronounced coreman). Would you approve? Or would you say that's OK he does not know what a corpsman is? Or would you ridicule him as being inept? Or would you blame it on the teleprompter for not having showed pronunciation hints?

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in 10 months -- so you'll have 3 years and 2 months to come up with an answer.

Remember kids, Obama is smart simply because anybody who calls themselves republicans are inbred dumbasses and all democrats are intellectuals. If you disagree you are obviously racist.

lol, AdultLink thinks spam political emails are valid arguments.

I don't know if everybody here approves of every policy or action Obama has made, or necessarily didn't approve of every policy or action Bush made, hell I've heard a lot of people complaining about most of the shit on that list, so I don't get the point. But then again it's a spam forwarded political email.

I also still don't get the teleprompter stuff, you're aware that every president has used a teleprompter since the invention of the teleprompter, right? Before that they had cue cards, notes, whatever. As far as speech, Bush was mainly made fun of for sounding like an idiot. Obama doesn't generally sound like an idiot, so his errors in speech aren't a main point for a lot of jokes. Blame comedy I guess.

You have to admit though, Obama gets a lot less heat simply because he's not Bush. Bush would have never lived some of these things down, but they fall on deaf ears when it comes to Obama.

But otherwise, yeah, political hate mail.

[quote name='SpazX']lol, AdultLink thinks spam political emails are valid arguments.

I don't know if everybody here approves of every policy or action Obama has made, or necessarily didn't approve of every policy or action Bush made, hell I've heard a lot of people complaining about most of the shit on that list, so I don't get the point. But then again it's a spam forwarded political email.

I also still don't get the teleprompter stuff, you're aware that every president has used a teleprompter since the invention of the teleprompter, right? Before that they had cue cards, notes, whatever. As far as speech, Bush was mainly made fun of for sounding like an idiot. Obama doesn't generally sound like an idiot, so his errors in speech aren't a main point for a lot of jokes. Blame comedy I guess.[/QUOTE]

They are all true, does it matter what the source is? We have some liberal's blog as the main source of post awhile back so who cares that's it's an email and not on the front page of a newspaper. It's just proof that Obama is as polished and smart as everyone likes to believe he is and has made lots of stupid mistakes. Liberals on these boards refuse to accept that he isn't infalliable and that is why I enjoy posts like these.

[quote name='SpazX']lol, AdultLink thinks spam political emails are valid arguments.

I also still don't get the teleprompter stuff, you're aware that every president has used a teleprompter since the invention of the teleprompter, right? Before that they had cue cards, notes, whatever. As far as speech, Bush was mainly made fun of for sounding like an idiot. Obama doesn't generally sound like an idiot, so his errors in speech aren't a main point for a lot of jokes. Blame comedy I guess.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Obama doesn't sound like an idiot because he is a democrat. It's pretty obvious you've made your mind up based on that, esp. given that the things he has said are as bad or worse then what Bush said.

Corpsman is as bad as 'rumours on the internets'. Sorry, but it's true.

Actually, not all of them are true. The ones about doubling the national debt in a year and then doubling it again are completely false, even though it feels that way sometimes. Another situation where the truth is bad enough without lying about it.

To tell the truth, you could easily make a similar list for most politicians, and of course a much longer list for someone like Bush.

[quote name='elprincipe']Actually, not all of them are true. The ones about doubling the national debt in a year and then doubling it again are completely false, even though it feels that way sometimes. Another situation where the truth is bad enough without lying about it.

To tell the truth, you could easily make a similar list for most politicians, and of course a much longer list for someone like Bush.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. You can make a list for pretty much any politician. Not conservatives, or liberals, any politician.

The problem comes when you make a joke out of a dumb right wing politician and then ignore the same dumb things from a dumb left wing politician.

I like how they bring up Obama bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia while there's tons of pictures of Bushie kissing and holding hands with Middle Eastern leaders, including I believe the King of Saudi Arabia.

[quote name='AdultLink']Exactly. You can make a list for pretty much any politician. Not conservatives, or liberals, any politician.

The problem comes when you make a joke out of a dumb right wing politician and then ignore the same dumb things from a dumb left wing politician.[/QUOTE]

I believe MSM is the acronym.

The moral of the story kids is, we should be making fun of all of our congress critters.

Why stop at insulting the right? When the same idiots inhabit the left?

[quote name='AdultLink']The moral of the story kids is, we should be making fun of all of our congress critters.

Why stop at insulting the right? When the same idiots inhabit the left?[/QUOTE]

I think plenty of people make jokes about people on the left, just not many people on this board.

Call me when Obama misleads the country into war, claims "Mission Accomplished" two months later while the war drags on for 6+ more years with thousands dying.

Call me when Obama begins warrantless wiretaps despite seeking and getting greater authority for FISA (a secret and very powerful court) issued warrants.

Call me when Obama places people supremely unqualified (cronies, not tax cheats) in positions over vital government agencies (FEMA), and these appointments result in competence leading to thousands of American deaths.

Pardon me if I feel that the above fraud and ineptitude is of greater consequence than anything on your above list.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']:rofl:@ chainmail

Call me when Obama chokes on a pretzel and falls off a bike.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry my dear, there is still another 3 years of partisan hate and stupidity from both sides to go until another prisident of the corporations comes...

[quote name='AdultLink']The moral of the story kids is, we should be making fun of all of our congress critters.[/QUOTE]
Who are you to be telling us what we should and should not be doing, exactly?

[quote name='AdultLink']Yes, Obama doesn't sound like an idiot because he is a democrat. It's pretty obvious you've made your mind up based on that, esp. given that the things he has said are as bad or worse then what Bush said.

Corpsman is as bad as 'rumours on the internets'. Sorry, but it's true.[/QUOTE]

Bush sounded like an idiot because he sounded like an idiot. Did you not ever see him talk? He was on TV talking a lot, being the president. Not only specific words he messed up, but the way he talked and his expressions and mannerisms (not speech, but the way he acted while he was speaking). He just sounded like an idiot.

If you were making fun of the way Kerry talked you would say he was long-winded and boring, but not that he sounded like an idiot. Similarly, Obama doesn't sound like an idiot.

I love pretend!

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how he inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

POINT! Or maybe half of a point. I gotta admit, I always felt the Obama critics who rail on his use of a teleprompter were pretty weak in their criticism, but if Bush were doing it I'd probably feel it lessens him as a leader. In that sense, it was a definite point. Made me realize I don't see Obama's teleprompter use as negative even though I would've for someone I didn't like as much. But then the "proof he is inept on his own and really controlled by smarter men" bit went off the deep end, so maybe -0.5 there.

If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

NO POINT! I'd have thought it was great. The leader of our country deserves to relax some nights, and flying to NY for a play would've even been a perfectly acceptable choice even if he had just been a high-powered attorney out of Harvard, so really if it's not that lavish. And anything the man does will cost a lot of money because he's who we voted most fit to lead our nation: he's like our queen ant, we must protect him for our people to thrive. that's not anything special about obama, that's true of all of leaders, it was true of Bush for 8 years.

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

NO POINT! Approved? No. I'd have chucked and moved on. I wouldn't have spent any time approving.

If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

NO POINT! Again, I'd have laughed and moved on.

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

NO POINT! I'd have thought it was hilarious, far funnier than Obama doing it (and funny = good, therefore better).

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia , would you have approved?

NO POINT! I would have most certainly approved, honestly. If Bush bowed to him, I would think to myself "hey, that was respectful, right on! right on, george." but then I'd probably think it was an expression of his love for oil.

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

NO POINT! I'd have thought he meant "the language spoken in Austria"...

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you have approved?

POINT! For Bush, I'd feel like it was a display of corruption. For Obama I view it negatively too, but I don't think I view it as negatively as I would for Bush.

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

NO POINT! I honestly think nothing of this and wouldn't think anything of it if it were Bush. It's just a nothing. It's like... it's more of a brain fart than being Spanish illiterate (and even if our president is Spanish illiterate, who the fuck cares)

If George W. Bush had mis-spelled the word "advice" would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as proof of what a dunce he is?

NO POINT! Of course not, what kind of shit is that, that seems like a pro obama hypothetical for real... worst argument yet.

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?

NO POINT! I think it'd be ridiculous for anyone, Obama/Bush doesn't change the reaction at all.

If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11?

NO POINT! I wouldn't associate it with 9-11 no matter whose administration was in charge at the time, because I'm not a fool

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans , would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

NO POINT! Of course not, and that answer is independent of who's in office

If George W. Bush had created the position 32 or moreCzars who report directly to him, bypassing the House and Senate on much of what is happening in America , would you have approved.

NO POINT! This email must've come from Fox News. The czar argument is soooo ridiculous I honestly don't even know how to begin dismissing it because there are so many choices.

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

NO POINT! "Ordered" is a flat out lie, his administration "requested" it after GM approached them for a bailout. That's very, very different. If a company approached Bush and said "help us" and his response was "only if you find someone to replace you at your job" I'd have again said "right on, george. right on."

If George W Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

NO POINT! Depends on when this was in his presidency. If the debt were growing exponentially under Clinton and Bush took over the fallout, I'd have thought it was unfortunate (not approved) but not necessarily Bush's fault. If it didn't improve as his presidency went on I'd have started to blame him (oh wait, it did...).

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

NO POINT! Again, the second time derivative is far more important, and if Obama's projections hold Bush will have had a far worse track record.

If George W. Bush had spent more than all the Presidents combined since George Washington, would you have approved?

NO POINT! Seriously becoming propaganda now. Fox News can't be behind it, they're not this bad.

If George W. Bush had miss pronounced Corpsman 3 times is the same speech (pronounced coreman). Would you approve? Or would you say that's OK he does not know what a corpsman is? Or would you ridicule him as being inept? Or would you blame it on the teleprompter for not having showed pronunciation hints?

NO POINT! I would've said corpse-man also (at least I assume Obama said it that way) so I wouldn't have even known Bush made any sort of mistake. And I'm definitely not inept so I wouldn't think that of them.

Two points.

When you forward that (if you're the political forwarding type) you should remove all the others.

There is nothing wrong with a teleprompter...its comparable to using notes when giving a presentation at school or work. It allows you to speak fluidly, stay on point, and avoid any gaffs people will jump on and talk about for years (see special Olympics joke) have a speech written down is a great way to keep focus and articulate how you wanted to say something when you weren't standing in front of a bunch of people live.

The 9,000 gallons of fuel is really, really silly. Thats only the round trip distance between D.C. and Des Moine. Thats the only way the president travels.

So 1) It would make Bush a hypocrite to do it but not Obama, not because of the fuel costs, but because of the Bush Administration's track record on the environment.

and 2) The more grievous travel offense would be the much greater distance from D.C. to the Crawford Ranch in Texas, where he went many many times, being the most vacationed President in our history.

People still get this shit forwarded to them in their inboxes?

Man, I suddenly appreciate my friends, colleagues and family so much more than I did 2 minutes ago.

bread's done
Back