If I have to see anything w/ "A Christmas Story" one more time...

Magehart

CAGiversary!
Heads are going to roll. I can't stand that movie and it seems like every other commercial has to reference it.

REDR.jpg

[quote name='Magehart']Okay, someone name a worse christmas movie then.[/quote]

Anything with Tim Allen or Sinbad.

[quote name='2Fast']I've never seen it in it's entirety.[/QUOTE]

Then go do so now. Its a classic. Especially the infamous metal pole scene. That part always makes me both cringe and laugh at the same time. :lol:

True story but my Aunt Pat one time actually did that when she was a kid. :rofl:

So when are they going to start showing it for 24 hours straight? It's on TBS or TNT but I don't know when it starts.

They have to do it every year. :D

And A Wonderful Life is much worse and over-rated. :)

[quote name='David85']So when are they going to start showing it for 24 hours straight? It's on TBS or TNT but I don't know when it starts.[/QUOTE]

TNT starting at 8 PM EST Christmas Eve. Hopefully they got an HD copy for airing on TNT HD. Otherwise I'll just stick with watching the Widescreen version on the 2 discer DVD. :D

[quote name='Demolition Man']Now you leave Tim Allen out of this Mister Horseman.[/quote]

Doesn't change the fact his Christmas movies sucked.

[quote name='Hex']Doesn't change the fact his Christmas movies sucked.[/QUOTE]

Well that is YOUR opinion... which I highly disagree with. Are they great? No. But they are sure damn fun. Which is what matters the most. :D

Hey.....I liked them. Even though Part 2 is corny, and I have yet to see 3, he makes a pretty good Santa.

For the record I can't stand this movie. Santa in this movie is evil and always scared me as a kid, but now it's just a fun movie.

[quote name='ITDEFX']24 HOURS OF THIS MOVIE!?!?!? Ok one showing is enough.....but to have to watch it for 24 hours..my god people.[/QUOTE]

Nobody is gonna make you sit through all 24 hours... and it sure beats the 14 hours of Law And Order TNT shows every damn day.

[quote name='Hex']Anything with Tim Allen or Sinbad.[/quote]

Im shocked you wouldn't clump Arnold Schwarzenegger into this. he had some pretty infamous ones. Tim Allens werent so bad TBH. Sinbad though; he needs to apologize.

I still can't stand this movie. I'll admit though, if it was condensed to 15 minutes of the great scenes of it I would thorougly enjoy it. Just like if we cut down NL Christmas Vacation to a solid 30 minutes (there's way too many good scenes in that to make it 15).

[quote name='AlienLX']I never understood why they feel the need to show it for 24 hours straight every year.

It's not a bad movie or anything, but jeez..[/quote]

What if the options were 24 hours of this or 24 hours of Elf?

[quote name='AlienLX']I never understood why they feel the need to show it for 24 hours straight every year.[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine so that way they can run the station bare minimum with as little staff as possible. At best just one person would need to be there just to make sure things are running.

[quote name='Magehart']What if the options were 24 hours of this or 24 hours of Elf?[/QUOTE]

When I managed a K-Mart, last Christmas, we somehow got our hands on a copy of Elf, and I played every single fucking day I worked there on all the television's.

It was the best Christmas ever.

Shortly after corporate sent me a DVD to play and never take out of the DVD player because they weren't too happy with the Elf fiasco... I guess people complained.

You know I can understand if you were playing "Bad Santa" but it sounds like you had some REALLY uptight customers if they actually complained about "Elf." Good god I will never move to Tampa Bay in this case then....

(I thought people here in MN were bad too)

[quote name='Demolition Man']You know I can understand if you were playing "Bad Santa" but it sounds like you had some REALLY uptight customers if they actually complained about "Elf." Good god I will never move to Tampa Bay in this case then....

(I thought people here in MN were bad too)[/QUOTE]

Dude, K-Mart customers are mostly uptight elderly people who were offended I've play a movie where Will Ferrell is fighting a midget.

I wanted Bad Santa but I was told I'd get fired if I put it in.

One time I put in The Warriors for like 5 minutes though, that was awesome... another time I put in Bridget Jones Diary but I had no clue what the hell that was, and the first 2 minutes are her cussing.

[quote name='Roufuss']...who were offended I've play a movie where with Will Ferrell is fighting a midget.[/quote]

Corrected

[quote name='Roufuss']Dude, K-Mart customers are mostly uptight elderly people who were offended I've play a movie where Will Ferrell is fighting a midget.[/QUOTE]

Good thing you weren't playing that bit from TNA back in 2002 when that midget was doing some very unspeakable things inside a garbage can. That WOULD offend them more than Will Ferrell fighting a midget that is for sure.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Good thing you weren't playing that bit from TNA back in 2002 when that midget was doing some very unspeakable things inside a garbage can. That WOULD offend them more than Will Ferrell fighting a midget that is for sure.[/QUOTE]

lol, did you see the other movies I played? The first 5 minutes of The Warriors was awesome, I played it at night right before close, but there was still a customer in the store who got insanely pissed.

I did it on purpose to get her the fuck out of the store since it was closing time and I wanted to go home and watch the movie (it just came out on DVD that day)

[quote name='Roufuss']Nobody is gonna make you sit through all 24 hours... and it sure beats the 14 hours of Law And Order TNT shows every damn day.[/QUOTE]

but I rather have a senfeld marthon on tbs instead of this.

I'm too cheap to by the season sets if it shows on tv everyday..but now they seem to be repeating the same episodes more then once a month :(

[quote name='ITDEFX']
I'm too cheap to by the season sets if it shows on tv everyday..but now they seem to be repeating the same episodes more then once a month :([/QUOTE]

Yea, I honestly believe it's just a trick to get you to buy the season sets... CW fucking shows the same Simpsons all the damn time so I got sick of it and finally just bought all the DVD sets.

I've seen that one about Bart going to Juvy like 100 times now.

[quote name='Demolition Man']But knowing you Roufuss you waited for a massively cheap sale so its all good right right right there... Rufass. :D[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah, I got them all at Sam's Club for like $16 or something, Seasons 2 through 8.

[quote name='Roufuss']Oh, yeah, I got them all at Sam's Club for like $16 or something, Seasons 2 through 8.[/QUOTE]

That is why you should have a membership card for "Certified Cheap Ass Club." :D

(Wait.... don't we ALL qualify for that club)

[quote name='Magehart']What if the options were 24 hours of this or 24 hours of Elf?[/QUOTE]

Personally, I like the idea of 24 hours of 24, but that's not a holiday movie (or a true movie either for that matter) and is actually worth watching, unlike A Christmas Story and Elf.

bread's done
Back