If I sell my Wii...

PawnTakesKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
...what's a reasonable price to ask for it? It's in excellent condition, and I've got a few games/accessories to go with it:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wii Play
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
...and of course Wii Sports

23 Virtual Console Games

Two Wii Remotes
Two Nunchuks
One Classic Controller
Two Wavebirds
One Gamecube 1016 Memory Card
Nyko Wii Remote Charging Stand
Component Cables

I'm not 100% sure I want to get rid of it yet, which is why I didn't post this in the trading forum. I simply want to know what you guys think I could get for all of this. I'm hoping to get a PS3, so I'll probably end up putting it on eBay rather than trading on CAG.

Speaking from personal experience don't sale your wii. I sold mine a long time ago before there was any decent games out. I ended up wanting another one, and love it. Don't sale it unless your sure you want to sale it. You will hate yourself forever. ;)

Is there a way to safely sell the VC games with the Wii? Did you use your credit card directly thru the Wii to buy those games? Personally I would wipe all the memory if I ever sold my Wii.

[quote name='jman619']Speaking from personal experience don't sale your wii. I sold mine a long time ago before there was any decent games out. I ended up wanting another one, and love it. Don't sale it unless your sure you want to sale it. You will hate yourself forever. ;)[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I'm not 100%, but I'm fairly sure that Nintendo couldn't announce anything to make me want to keep it. I'm skipping MarioKart, and I don't like Animal Crossing. I've already played Zelda and Mario and wasn't impressed. Not even the rumored revival of Kid Icarus makes me curious. I think I'm done with the Wii, plain and simple.

[quote name='Puffa469']Is there a way to safely sell the VC games with the Wii? Did you use your credit card directly thru the Wii to buy those games? Personally I would wipe all the memory if I ever sold my Wii.[/QUOTE]

All of my VC games were purchased with the Wii Points cards. I didn't want to risk anything. I was planning on keeping the games on the internal memory and just unlinking my MyNintendo account. I figured I could get more for the bundle if I left the VC games on there.

My rough estimate without checking ebay for everything seperate (if you want a more precise estimate, feel free to check ebay yourself)

45-Super Smash Bros. Brawl
15-Wii Play
40-The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
40-...and of course Wii Sports

??-23 Virtual Console Games

35-Two Wii Remotes (one of them)
15-Two Nunchuks (one of them)
15-One Classic Controller
60-Two Wavebirds
5-One Gamecube 1016 Memory Card
10-Nyko Wii Remote Charging Stand
8-Component Cables

Wii + 1 remote + nunchuck = 275

So a total of $563 seperately. I doubt you'll get that high if you sell it in a bundle. Wii Sports particularly will fetch more if you sell it seperately. I don't really know how much to add for the VC games. The things I was less sure on was LoZ, VC games, Wavebirds, Charging stand, and the Wii itself.

[quote name='Magehart']about tree fitty[/quote]

That reminds me about the other day when I was checking eBay for deals. I found an auction for Super Paper Mario and I sent a best offer of $25 for it. I get a reply back from the seller and ends up being the goddamn lochness monster. She said she didn't actually have Super Paper Mario for sale, and all she did was ask me for tree fitty.... I said I ain't gonna give you tree fiddy, you already asked me last week and I said no.

[quote name='Magehart']about tree fitty[/quote]

That reminds me about the other day when I was checking eBay for deals. I found an auction for Super Paper Mario and I sent a best offer of $25 for it. I get a reply back from the seller and ends up being the lochness monster. He said he didn't actually have Super Paper Mario for sale, and all he did was ask me to paypal him tree fitty.... I said I ain't gonna give you tree fiddy you goddamn lochness monster! Get you're own goddamn money!

wave birds sell for about $40-$50 apiece on ebay. I would sell everything separatley except for maybe a bundle with the wii, wii sports, wii mote, nunchuck and the classic controller.

I would consider it if the Wii had any big releases coming up. I'm totally turned off by the online system and the lack of great games.

[quote name='jman619']Speaking from personal experience don't sale your wii. I sold mine a long time ago before there was any decent games out. I ended up wanting another one, and love it. Don't sale it unless your sure you want to sale it. You will hate yourself forever. ;)[/quote]

errrr... it's "sell," not "sale." :roll:

[quote name='PawnTakesKing']Like I said, I'm not 100%, but I'm fairly sure that Nintendo couldn't announce anything to make me want to keep it. I'm skipping MarioKart, and I don't like Animal Crossing. I've already played Zelda and Mario and wasn't impressed. Not even the rumored revival of Kid Icarus makes me curious. I think I'm done with the Wii, plain and simple.

All of my VC games were purchased with the Wii Points cards. I didn't want to risk anything. I was planning on keeping the games on the internal memory and just unlinking my MyNintendo account. I figured I could get more for the bundle if I left the VC games on there.[/quote]

Props for this. If you don't understand why, just take the damn compliment and not make me explain.

I think you should try ebay if you want to maximize the value of the Wii... I've seen wavebirds sold for around a $100, which I think is ludicrous, but if you find the right buyer... :)

Best of luck!

[quote name='PawnTakesKing']Like I said, I'm not 100%, but I'm fairly sure that Nintendo couldn't announce anything to make me want to keep it. I'm skipping MarioKart, and I don't like Animal Crossing. I've already played Zelda and Mario and wasn't impressed. Not even the rumored revival of Kid Icarus makes me curious. I think I'm done with the Wii, plain and simple.[/quote]

Are you done with gaming, then?

[quote name='DJSteel']I would consider it if the Wii had any big releases coming up. I'm totally turned off by the online system and the lack of great games.[/QUOTE]

Well, there's Mario Kart and Wii Fitness in the next three months. That's of course following the release of Smash Bros. Brawl. So, in about four months there's three major titles being released. That's pretty good as you're not really seeing the same AAA titles hitting the Xbox 360 and PS3 at this time of year.

As for the rest of the year, well, I'd expect to hear about that at E3.

[quote name='PawnTakesKing']Like I said, I'm not 100%, but I'm fairly sure that Nintendo couldn't announce anything to make me want to keep it. I'm skipping MarioKart, and I don't like Animal Crossing. I've already played Zelda and Mario and wasn't impressed. Not even the rumored revival of Kid Icarus makes me curious. I think I'm done with the Wii, plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DJSteel']I would consider it if the Wii had any big releases coming up. I'm totally turned off by the online system and the lack of great games.[/QUOTE]

You two do realize that the Wii is a year and a half old and that Nintendo hasn't even announced their big releases for THIS YEAR, right?

It seems a bit early to write off the system to me. It's not like Mario Kart and Brawl are the last two games coming out for the system. :whistle2:s

[quote name='jman619']Speaking from personal experience don't sale your wii. I sold mine a long time ago before there was any decent games out. I ended up wanting another one, and love it. Don't sale it unless your sure you want to sale it. You will hate yourself forever. ;)[/quote]

The word you're looking for is sell. As in, "Don't sell your Wii".

bread's done
Back