If Wolfenstein Beats Madden in Aug NPD get Wolfenstein free

Nelo Ice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Its a ploy to get more sales then he normally would; he knows it is not going to uproot Madden or even come close.

[quote name='Dingleberry']Buy them all, don't open them, return.[/QUOTE]

Interesting idea, but I still think Madden 2010 will oversell like no other.

[quote name='Dingleberry']Buy them all, don't open them, return.[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing even if you did this Madden will sell more than they make of Wolfenstein.

Yeah sorry guy, not gonna happen. Cool tactic though.

edit: Although he says -any- platform. So if Wolfenstein sells more than Madden Wii would that technically count?

I'm certainly intrigued about the game since RavenSoft is making it (and they're awesome) but I can't see this happening. It's a smart marketing move on his part, though.

Lol ^^ that guys an idiot...at that time, there were ps3s all over the place where I live.

As far as Madden...I think Madden could release the last day of the month and still beat Wolfenstein, I just dont think Wolfenstein is going to do anywhere near what they think it will. Especially after August, after ODST hits stores...then by November when MW2, L4D2, AC2 release...this game has no chance to ever compete with Madden during any month, more less Madden's launch month lol. Wouldnt be surprised to see some major discounts/deals on Wolfenstein before the holidays.

Everyone in the god damn world knows that Madden will sell millions. Wolfenstein may or may not sell a million. Depends on how good the mutiplayer is, which I haven't heard much about yet. I remember Wolfenstein on xbox was great fun.

Yeah even if money were no object I doubt that there are even enough available pressings of Wolfenstein on store shelves to make this deal logistically possible. It's nice that he wants to rally support for his game but he'd be much better off just saying that he'll reimburse the first 1000 people to buy the game and send him the receipt and the UPC symbol from the box. At least that way you know for sure he's putting his money where his mouth and believes in his game.

[quote name='nnthomas']Yeah sorry guy, not gonna happen. Cool tactic though.

edit: Although he says -any- platform. So if Wolfenstein sells more than Madden Wii would that technically count?[/QUOTE]

Hrm. Now to just pray somebody that makes millions and goes around buying all the Wolfesteins lol.

It's a nice marketing move, even if it doesn't beat Madden 10 (which it won't). It might significantly improve the NPD numbers for August, making people think that sales were strong, and that it must be a good game.

If anybody bases their purchasing decisions on NPD that is...Bionic Commando was a good (and almost great) game, but the sales numbers weren't there.

Even if everyone returns their copy after the August NPD report is released, it might still improve long term sales.

bread's done
Back