If you bought a PS3 bundle from amazon get ready to be disappointed

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (100%)
The PS3 bundle is suppose to include uncharted 2 goty, pixeljunk shooter, karate kid, and a $25 credit. Many people who recieved their bundle are reporting that the Uncharted 2 is not GOTY. Amazon also changed the description and the picture of the bundle on their website. What do you guys think amazon will do? Will you return?

I noticed this as well the man I talked to said he was going to send a replacement but don't know if its going to be goty edition or not so im chatting with them at the moment to make sure it is

I am for sure returning unless Amazon gives some sort of extra credit. I kind of bought it on impulse and now after all the Black Friday sales I have NFS HP and Fable 3 for 360 to play plus WoW Cataclysm comes out next week so I have no idea when I would honestly have time to actually use a PS3.

Right after I bought the PS3 a deal on a video card popped up and I would much rather have a new video card then a PS3. (asus gtx 470 for 180)
Sold my 280 last month for $250 and I have been looking for a good deal on a 470 or 480 since then. Been using a 7900 gs KO in the meantime :bomb:

I was going to refuse delivery but this gives me an excuse to open it up and at least try it out before returning it.

Yup just contacted them now the lady was sort of a douche about it. But I sent her 2 screen shots of the goty version and the one I received she said she will make sure the replacement is the goty version.

[quote name='spiderman4657']Yup just contacted them now the lady was sort of a douche about it. But I sent her 2 screen shots of the goty version and the one I received she said she will make sure the replacement is the goty version.[/QUOTE]

can you post your screenshots? i didn't get any before they switched.

Got this message while live chatting:

"I am sorry, Due to incorrect information from the vendor, we promoted the wrong version of a game in the PS3 Black Friday bundle. We will be offering customers a concession; they will receive a communication from the Video Game team by Tuesday, 11/30. We apologize for the inconvenience."

[quote name='bg2001']Got this message while live chatting:

"I am sorry, Due to incorrect information from the vendor, we promoted the wrong version of a game in the PS3 Black Friday bundle. We will be offering customers a concession; they will receive a communication from the Video Game team by Tuesday, 11/30. We apologize for the inconvenience."[/QUOTE]

The concession had better be good. The main reason I ordered Amazon's bundle was because it had Uncharted 2 GOTY.

But seriously, I wonder if they're just going to give "a concession" to everyone that ordered the bundle before they changed their listing. From what I gather, some people are having a rough time with customer service--i'd rather not go through the trouble of arguing with a rep. over whether or not Amazon changed the listing.

It'll be interesting to see how big of a fiasco this turns into come Tuesday, when everyone starts getting their GOTY-less bundles.

Yeah, my CSR basically told me to piss off. No credit, no exchange and no concession. I'm going to wait until Tuesday for this supposed concession before taking further steps.

My bundle was shipped the same day I ordered it, Black Friday. I specifically woke up at about 4:00 AM to order the bundle. I hope to see a GOTY Uncharted 2 in my bundle.

[quote name='Trueblade']My bundle was shipped the same day I ordered it, Black Friday. I specifically woke up at about 4:00 AM to order the bundle. I hope to see a GOTY Uncharted 2 in my bundle.[/QUOTE]

I ordered it Friday and received it on Saturday. I received the GOTY edition but there was no voucher for the DLC so it was basically the regular edition. I emailed them and the only option they gave me was for them to send me a whole new bundle and I send back the whole old bundle. I declined though as someone here was generous enough to give me a spare GOTY code that they had.

A lot of the DLC is cosmetic. $269.99 for a PS3 bundle isn't that bad of a price doods. (I got a bundle at that price through employee discount at another retailer :) )

[quote name='Stealthcat']A lot of the DLC is cosmetic. $269.99 for a PS3 bundle isn't that bad of a price doods. (I got a bundle at that price through employee discount at another retailer :) )[/QUOTE]

Irrelevant. They sold it to us as the GOTY edition, we should be getting the GOTY edition, or a concession. It doesn't matter whether the DLC is cosmetic or not.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Irrelevant. They sold it to us as the GOTY edition, we should be getting the GOTY edition, or a concession. It doesn't matter whether the DLC is cosmetic or not.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I already own uncharted 2 and was looking forward to the GOTY edition, as i've not bought any DLC for it. i bought this bundle opposed to other black friday PS3 bundles because the uncharted 2 was advertised as GOTY.

just got mine. didn't come with GOTY. and i ordered about 2 minutes after it went live. guess it's luck of the draw.

UPDATE: Called customer service. the QA rep i got put me on hold for 12 minutes and called me a liar. i got livid, and she transferred me to her supervisor. the supervisor said he would give me promo credit to order the game, and placed the order with me. he also said i could keep the regular version. so i essentially got both game versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should be getting mine delivered tomorrow. Hope either I don't have to contact them to deal with it, or they have a streamlined process for all of us affected.

I just got my bundle and no GOTY Uncharted 2. The customer service representative apologized for the error. My representative was friendly, courteous, and understanding on the phone. Sorry to hear about everyone else's experience.

In the end, I was told to look out for an e-mail from Amazon with their response to this issue.

I got mine and no GOTY either. I'm gonna wait and see if Amazon emails me, and if not I'll give them a call.

[quote name='Crass']I got mine and no GOTY either. I'm gonna wait and see if Amazon emails me, and if not I'll give them a call.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to wait as well and call if I don't hear anything by Thursday. I'm in no rush. I did send them an email about it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just on the phone with customer service. After a few minutes and the guy realizing what my issue was he said that there "video game department" will be contacting me by tomorrow through email or maybe a phone call. He also said there would be some sort of follow up on his end to make sure that I was contacted.
He wouldn't give me any more info. I asked if I could play this game now. He suggested that I don't open the game packaging.

Its seems that this issue will be resolved some way. Maybe they will send us DLC codes? hmm.

[quote name='skullk']
Its seems that this issue will be resolved some way. Maybe they will send us DLC codes? hmm.[/QUOTE]

That would be ideal, and the least amount of hassle for both Amazon and the consumers.

I am not sure how relevant this is now but I might as well post it. This is the picture of the bundle that we WERE supposed to receive in the mail. It clearly displays GOTY Uncharted 2. The screen shot is located here.

Has anyone heard anything from Amazon?

Just checked my email and no word yet. I hope they don't expect me to ship this back and wait for another one.

Me: "Hey, why did you guys change the game and not let us know?"

Amazon: "We have altered the deal, pray we do not alter it any further"

I received my bundle today, as well. I ordered as soon as the deal went live at 3 in the morning. No GOTY edition for me. I'll see if I get an email tonight--otherwise I will call tomorrow and throw a tantrum.

Unless any of you plan on playing a lot of the online multiplayer for Uncharted 2 the GOTY edition is pretty frickin' worthless, since it's mostly crap for the multiplayer like skins and other crap of that sort.

So really it's no big deal if you got the vanilla version and you weren't planning on playing much of the online mp.

Hello,

We’re writing about your recent order for the PS3 160 GB Black Friday Bundle. We’ve discovered an error which displayed Uncharted 2 Game of the Year edition as part of the offer. The offer should have displayed Uncharted 2 Standard Edition.

We’re very sorry about this. To help make up for any disappointment, we’d like to offer you a $10 promotional code to apply towards the pre-order of any of the titles on this page:

After adding a title to your Cart, enter this code during checkout to receive $10 off your purchase until 12/31/2010:

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Video Game Editors
Amazon.com

the games for the promo are all $55+ :roll:

Got the same email. WTF? Ten dollars off some overpriced games? They could at least give me the dlc codes or whatever it costs to get them. This is some stupid crap.

just got the email, i could have sworn i saw the GOTY edition when i opened it yesterday. better make sure, but that $10 on a pre-order list is very weak indeed. at least make it apply to all games.

how are some of you getting goty while most others are not?

my ps3 arrives thursday and i am most likely not getting goty with my luck.

the game of the year should be on top of uncharted, not the circle thing on the center right.

i feel bad for you guys. i feel very fortunate to not only have gotten GOTY edition replaced but also keep the regular. i would recommend for anyone who ordered and are upset to call and complain. calling should be more effective then the chat method.

Well, just got off the phone with CS and he gave me 20 bucks off my next purchase. At least that's something.

[quote name='Crass']Got the same email. WTF? Ten dollars off some overpriced games? They could at least give me the dlc codes or whatever it costs to get them. This is some stupid crap.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is completely ridiculous. I was at least expecting $10 in game credit. Not 10 towards some stupid preorder.

Edit: i just got off the phone too - they wouldn't do anything. said to call back tomorrow to speak w/ manager since the VG department closes at 8:00 est.

I received the e-mail from Amazon and do not feel better about all this. I actually do plan on playing Uncharted 2's MP a lot and the DLC voucher included with the GOTY will save me money. If there was a DLC code from the GOTY included in the e-mail, I would have no other complaints.

I guess Amazon will get a call from me in the near future.

I am also not satisfied with this resolution. On the the GOTY box it says a $35 value. I want that or a DLC code. I have no need for any more PS3 games right now. I got the 3 I have been most interested in during the black Friday weekend. Demon Souls and Heavy Rain. I want my full Uncharted 2 :(

I will be calling customer service again tomorrow. I have not unwrapped the game yet and will hold out.

[quote name='Arkanos']Me: "Hey, why did you guys change the game and not let us know?"

Amazon: "We have altered the deal, pray we do not alter it any further"[/QUOTE]
Lol nice robot chicken/star wars reference lol I got a gay 10 dollars off. Im gonna hound them for more or the game of the year edition.

What an absolutely horrible concession by Amazon. Why don't they just spit in our faces while they're at it? A $10 refund might have been acceptable, $10 off a preorder at Amazon is just pathetic.

My guess is that Amazon knew all along that it would not be giving everyone the GOTY edition. It was deceptive advertising. Also, now they force you to pre-order something else with a measly $10 credit.

It's a very Gamestop thing to do IMO.

I am lucky though, I got the bundle because I simply wanted a PS3. I plan on selling the games and Blu Ray.

You are now connected to **** from Amazon.com.
****:Hello, my name is ****. I'll be happy to help you.
Me:Yes hello
Me:I had a problem regarding my uncharted 2 bundle
Me:when I originally ordered the description said it included the game of the year version the one I received is not that version
Me:There is already a big thread about this on the website but I have not been to happy about the choices I have been given to resolve the issue.
*****:I see that a $25.00 promotional certificate was issued to your account.
*****:I'm sorry due to incorrect information from the vendor, we promoted the wrong version of a game in the PS3 Black Friday bundle.
******:If you no longer need this item please return it to us for a refund.
*****:I see that a $25.00 promotional certificate was issued to your account to compensate you for this inconvenience.
*****:Your chat has been idle for 3 minutes. If I don't receive a response within 2 minutes, the chat will be closed automatically.
Me:Well the problem is that frankly amazon is taking advantage of the customer now that the black friday promotions are gone. I was going to order a bundle from a competitor as they were including more games. But I ordered it from here because of that difference.
*****:. I'm sorry that I'm unable to comment on this further and send you an e-mail about this.
****:please wait until December 1, 11:59:59 (PST) for further notice.
Me:The difference of value from the game of the year version to the standard is 35 dollars not to mention I paid an additional 4 dollars for faster shipping.
****:I'm sorry but I'm unable to comment on this further and send you an e-mail about this.
****:please wait until December 1, 11:59:59 (PST) for further notice.
Me:Im curious to know what the resolution can be on december 11th ?
****:please wait until then as our marketing team will come up with a solution.
Me:Very well I guess I have no choice.
****:You are welcome. Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!

Edited Version for legal purposes **** = Representative

@spiderman4657
So I guess there may possibly be another resolution on December 1, 11:59:59 (PST) that satisfies both parties? That is what I took out of your chat.

I was looking at the bundle's listing and Amazon is fresh out of them. The more important part is that we are not the only ones who are ticked off at the $10.00 pre-order credit concession. The bundle's listing is located here.

You can see some of the responses to this issue at the Amazon product discussion thread here.

This $10 pre-order credit is bull.

What's the best way to contact them about this: chat, phone, or email?

bread's done
Back